Create Account

Chiefs End of Season Presser

Well, that did not go the way I expected it to at all.

I came in as GM hoping that I could bring these guys a second consecutive cup. I failed at that since we were just eliminated 4-1 by the Rage, which I don't completely understand yet. I'm pissed off right now, but it's probably just rage talking (see what I did there?).

This off-season will indeed be one we're active in, as I'm completely set on challenging next season. We have a mid-first rounder and I have some plans on what else I will be doing throughout the rest of the off-season as well.

I'd also like to take some time to thank Wastlund for all his time with the Minnesota organisation. Nobody can replace a true defensive talent like that and he will be surely missed by all of us here. I wish him nothing but the best with his new player. Sorry I couldn't get you one last cup buddy. :(

But don't fret we still have awesome talents like Dar, Williams, Stevenson and Sawyer. We have the foundations to still be a team challenging for the cup and I will find our missing pieces this off-season and Minnesota will still be a main challenger in the East.

That should cover most of it, but I will answer questions, so let's hear them.

[Image: BrettBroadway.gif]
[Image: Hunter.png]

Emma Watson set to become a FA, wat do?

With Emma Watson's contract ending, have you guys talked to him/her about resigning in the Minny? What is your plan going into the draft?

Interview Will Wastys number be retired soon Smile?

Interview What was the reason that your team wasn't able to show the same kind of dominance against the Rage that they had shown against the Hawks? Was it just bad luck or did some things change about your teams performance compared to the first round?

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

Your plans are to compete how do you fill the holes with players on their way out?

[Image: Ak8rQKy.png?width=675&height=375]
Sig by Lazyeye
[Image: image.png?width=600&height=300]
Sig by DaBoot
Knights Timber pride

Quote:Originally posted by Idot+Jun 15 2013, 01:12 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Idot @ Jun 15 2013, 01:12 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Emma Watson set to become a FA, wat do?[/b]

Quote:Originally posted by John Shannon@Jun 15 2013, 01:14 PM<br />With Emma Watson's contract ending, have you guys talked to him/her about resigning in the Minny? What is your plan going into the draft?

Of course I have spoken to Watson about resigning. She just felt it was in her best interest to test free agency. You can be certain that we'll be doing our best to keep our top prospect around, as Watson has been a key part of this team, and I truly hope we don't lose someone like her.

It shouldn't be difficult to see that Minnesota is an aging team, apart from Fortescue and Watson, there aren't many young players on the team. I will be looking at a player who seems truly dedicated to the sport, and someone who seems interested in staying with the team for a long time. We could really go any way in the draft but I do not want to say more details than that.

Quote:Originally posted by OcAirlines@Jun 15 2013, 01:19 PM<br />Interview Will Wastys number be retired soon Smile?

Pffttt, why would we ever retire that scrub's number? :ph34r:

Quote:Originally posted by OcAirlines@Jun 15 2013, 01:19 PM<br />Interview What was the reason that your team wasn't able to show the same kind of dominance against the Rage that they had shown against the Hawks? Was it just bad luck or did some things change about your teams performance compared to the first round?

It was most certainly bad luck. Sawyer had a bad game in game 1, and we outplayed Manhattan in Game 2 and still didn't get the win. We came back for Game 3 but the damage was already done. From then on it just seemed something was missing from our game and Manhattan took full advantage of that.

There was no difference between our play against Hamilton than Manhattan. We gave it our all and truly believed we were on pace for a second-consecutive cup win. It's just that Manhattan was definitely a better team compared to the Steelhawks.

<!--QuoteBegin-spidey@Jun 15 2013, 01:29 PM
Your plans are to compete how do you fill the holes with players on their way out?[/quote]

As everyone knows by now there are certainly some really good players heading to free agency. Our plans are to keep our players around but if that does not work out then we will be targeting some guys through free agency/trades. I can't disclose who exactly has caught our eye, but that's what the plan is at the moment.

Is there anything you could have done during the trade deadline to push your team over the top on for a cup run?

[Image: Ak8rQKy.png?width=675&height=375]
Sig by Lazyeye
[Image: image.png?width=600&height=300]
Sig by DaBoot
Knights Timber pride

Quote:Originally posted by spidey@Jun 15 2013, 02:55 PM
Is there anything you could have done during the trade deadline to push your team over the top on for a cup run?

Probably could have done something. The gms I did reach out to though for a deal were just asking too much in my mind. I wasn't exactly comfortable blowing up the franchise as soon as I took over as well. I'm happy with that decision though.

Are you planning on getting younger or maintaining the aging core and adding pieces to it

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: HFFO.gif]

Quote:Originally posted by HabsFanFromOntario@Jun 15 2013, 04:39 PM
Are you planning on getting younger or maintaining the aging core and adding pieces to it

The only addition of youth I'm planning is through the draft. Definitely want to keep the core in tact and add missing pieces where needed.

You did great, Toast. Can't wait to see what's in store for our off season!

Chiefs Chiefs Chiefs Chiefs Chiefs Chiefs Chiefs Chiefs Chiefs Chiefs Chiefs Chiefs Chiefs Chiefs Chiefs Chiefs Chiefs Chiefs Chiefs Chiefs Chiefs Chiefs Chiefs Chiefs Chiefs Chiefs Chiefs Chiefs Chiefs Chiefs Chiefs Chiefs

I will surely miss this team. This is one hell of an organization.

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]