Create Account

4/5/6 Games in...How's everybody looking?

Well we are 6 games in and people are starting to see how teams are shaping up. Yes, it is still way too early in the season for anybody to fuss about, but it is still interesting to see how new players are fitting in with their new teams, how the top rated teams going into the season are doing so far, etc...So lets go right to the standings...

<div align="center">
1. Minnesota Chiefs [ 4 - 1 - 1 ] [9 Points]
2. New England Wolfpack [ 4 - 1 - 0 ] [8 Points]
3. Los Angeles Panthers [ 4 - 2 - 0 ] [8 Points]
4. Seattle Riot [ 3 - 0 - 1 ] [7 Points]
5. Hamilton Steelhawks [ 3 - 1 - 0 ] [6 Points]
6. Calgary Dragons [ 3 - 3 - 0 ] [6 Points]
7. Manhattan Rage [ 2 - 2 - 0 ] [4 Points]
8. Texas Renegades [ 2 - 2 - 0 ] [4 Points]
9. Winnipeg Jets [ 1 - 1 - 2 ] [4 Points]
10. Toronto North Stars [ 1 - 2 - 1 ] [3 Points]
11. Edmonton Blizzard [ 1 - 3 - 1 ] [3 Points]
12. West Kendall Platoon [ 0 - 3 - 1 ] [1 Point]
</div>

Very interesting so far. As of right now the whole thing is kinda crazy. Chiefs/Panthers were expected by most to not even make the playoffs, going by the prediction thread. Are they going to be able to sustain this? We shall see. Lets break it down so far.

Minnesota Chiefs
Top Point scorer: Rufus Reinhart
Goalie / GAA: Aboud Chamas / 2.16

The Chiefs are off to a wonderful start. They have beaten up on the Hamilton Steelhawks in a game that went 5-1 to the Chiefs. They also took down the Toronto North Stars, 4-1. They are getting some really good play out of Chamas, but are really leaning on the offense to just get more goals then they give up right now. And like I said Chamas has been good, but he hasn't been great. I don't think they can keep this up, but hey suprise me! They really need to step up their powerplay which is at a 8.7% right now, if they want to have any chance to stay on top.

New England Wolfpack
Top point scorer: Carter O'Callahan
Goalie / GAA: Jermaine Tennyson / 2.00

The Wolfpack won some really close games to start the season, but really weren't clicking. Tennyson had been the one stealing those first couple games for them at the beginning of the season. The Powerplay was horrible, and they just couldn't get it going...until this past game when the changed it up a little. They were able to get 4 powerplay goals in their last game, they only had 2 the previous 4 games. They might have found their chemistry with that line, and if so...look out! Carter O'Callahan also ended up getting 5 points on the night! Wow. But with all this being said, it was against the last place team in the league. So we shall see how this holds up when they go up against some better competition.

Los Angeles Panthers
Top point scorer: Gabriel DuJardin
Goalie / GAA: Jackson Weekes / 2.60

The Panthers lost to the defending champs, and to the Blizzard. They blew out Calgary, 7-3. Gabriel DuJardin has been a very good suprise for them. He is one of their top defenseman, but I don't think they expected this much out of him so early in the season. Can he keep it up? He will need to if this team wants to stay up with the leaders on the leaderboard. The 2 rookies for the Panthers, Boyka and Thomaz have been doing outstanding. If all of those guys can keep it up, and Weekes can just be a solid goal tender, we might have a underdog on our hands. This team has the talent and momentum, can they hold on to it the rest of the season?

Seattle Riot
Top point scorer: David Winter
Goalie / GAA: Dustin Rose / 1.47

The Riot have been excellent.....defensively. But are lacking offensively so far. They have the hottest goaltender in the league right now. Can he keep it up? Only giving up a 1.47 GAA right now. If he can, and this team can find some offense...look out. I just don't know if they have the offensive power that some other teams do, but defense wins championships right? David Winter and Chris McZ will need some help, they can't do it on their own on offense. Who will step up? They do only have 4 games under their belt though, so we might need to see a couple before we start calling anybody out.

Hamilton Steelhawks
Top point scorer: Friedrich Müller
Goalie / GAA: Edwin Ask / 2.25

The Steelhawks are averaging 4 goals per game right now. That is a league leading. Their Powerplay and Penalty Kill is clicking...The goaltender seems to be playing well. The only reason they are this low, is because well they have only played 4 games also. This team might be one of the best in the league right now. Really...be on the look out for this Steelhawks team to be on top of the leaderboard shortly.

Calgary Dragons
Top point scorer: Roberts Birkavs
Goalie / GAA: Hunter Wong / 2.68

The Dragons are playing with a Rookie goaltender and are in 6th place currently. Hunter Wong seems to have just enough to keep them in the game, and the offense gets the job done. But they are on a 2 game losing streak right now, and I think this might be the best spot they get all season. They have some work to do if they want to suprise me.

Manhattan Rage
Top point scorer: Daniel Merica
Goalie / GAA: C.J. James / 2.00

This is a confusing team so far. Their top point getter is Daniel Merica with 4 goals and 0 assists. He got all 4 of those goals in only 2 games. Which isn't a good thing. He didn't even have to play in half the games for the Rage so far, and he would be the top point producer for them. They need to find some more offense. Good thing is they also are only at 4 games played, so lets give them a couple more games and see where they are at.

Texas Renegades
Top point scorer: Chris Partlow
Goalie / GAA: Jordin FourFour / 3.25

Hmmm...Defending Champs? Where ya at? Well if you have played them, you know they aren't slouching. They have the highest shots for in the league with 35 shots per game! They are just giving up a lot of shots too. 33.75 against to be exact. If they can slow that down, and FourFour can get a couple more stops this team will be fine. They just haven't clicked yet. The powerplay is tied for last in the league at 5.88%...that's not helping. Maybe a shake up there will help. They are scoring 2.75 goals a game, which isn't bad. They are just giving up 3.25. Come on FourFour! Pick it up! Where is my MVP???? I know...you need help. Carlzner with 0 points so far? Wingels with only 1? Byrde with a -4 on the +/-? Come on guys. You can do better then this! And I am sure you will....soon.

Winnipeg Jets
Top point scorer: Jason Smith
Goalie / GAA: Lauris Prikulis / 2.64

Jason Smith...He is your top point scorer so far? He is on your 3rd line/4th line. Come on guys. You need to help Prikulis out some here. Kane, Elyk, Smirnov, Onoprienko...I am calling all you out! The Jets need you to show up to the games if you want to have a chance this season. Your powerplay is tied with last with a 5.88%...Got to change that. Might start getting some ideas on some changes to make. This 3 game losing streak isn't going to end soon, unless something changes!

Toronto North Stars
Top point scorer: Dave Smith
Goalie / GAA: Dymo Ranjan / 3.18

You are 3rd in the league in shots for. You are 2nd in the league in not giving up shots against. 33 shots for average. 23 shots against average. But yet you are giving up 3.25 goals a game against. Not good. Forsberg with 0 point still? Hawkins with only 1? You can do better then this. I hope this is just a fluke. Got to start gettiing those shots in the goal.

Edmonton Blizzard
Top point scorer: Riko Muerto
Goalie / GAA: Jakub Aittokallio / 3.95

3.95 GAA? AittoKallio...whats up? I mean I understand you are getting shot at 30+ times a game, but so are 5 other teams...We got to fix this man. Ya'll are scoring goals too! 5th place in goals for! Just 11th in goals against... with over a whole goal difference between you and 10th place. What's happening man? Lets get this shit together. I hate to blame one person, but you are an important person. I am sure you can shape up...Just got to do it soon.

West Kendall Platoon
Top point scorer: Logan Valentine
Goalie / GAA: Colin Schmidt / 4.17

Still haven't won a game. That sucks. But well...4.75 goals against per game...not much more I can say then that.

From Bad: You have the most PIM out of all teams at 19.50 per game. WTF?? You are seriously short handed a whole period every game. What are you doing??

To Worse: Your penalty kill is the worst in the league at 70%.

A silver lining? Fine, I'll find ya one....Your powerplay is 4th in the league at 20%. Not bad, and I am sure you would have more PP goals if you didn't have so many damn penalties. Seriously. What's even worse, is it is like your whole god damn team. Shit, you might be the first team to need to have a team training camp for discipline. Seriously. Maybe you can turn it around if you can stop the madness. Good luck on that....

Quote:Carlzner with 0 points so far?

its over boys our 200 tpe 4th liner has no points! :lol:

[Image: livius.gif]

I know right? Where did he go???? Hmm

Carl is EDM Gretzky, don't worry he will come good.