Create Account

Ales Smirnov & The Platoon

<div align="center"> Ales Smirnov & The Platoon </div>

<div align="center">[Image: hemsky2.jpg]</div>

Today we are joined by our key prospect Ales Smirnov again. Lets just do a quick recap on career since we first met him.

Ales was signed as a free agent for the Kelowna Knights. Playing for the Knights, Ales averaged mostly third line minutes. He finished the season with 8 goals and 12 assists, for 20 points. While the Knights finished first in the SMJHL . The Knights would then go on to beat the Whalers in 7 games in the second round, and beat the Falcons in 5 games in the finals. Ales would finish with 4 points in 9 games. Incase your wondering why the game numbers don’t match up, it is because Ales was a healthy scratch for a couple of games.

Coming into the S22 SHL draft, Ales had no idea where he would be going, most scouts had him predicted at number 18 to the LA Panthers. Well the scouts were wrong folks, Ales went in the first round at number eleven to the West Kendal Platoon! Many people were shocked, and surprised that he went so early. He had relatively less experience compared to other prospects out there, but West Kendal took a chance on him. When talking to Ales he had a lot of positive things to say about his GM Jedi. A lot of people counted Ales out of the first round, but then there was Jedi, who said he may not be up there in experience, but he has the attributes the SHL GM’s look for. Did that effect West Kendall’s decision? Who knows, we may never know.

Where will Ales play in season 22? Well some rumours have it that West Kendall said they may try him up in the big leagues, but most suspect he will be back with the Kelowna Knights. If he does return to kelowna this season he will be relied upon heavily to step up his game this season. With key members of the Knights leaving offensively, it is Ales turn to shine. Ales will most likely be given first line minutes, including first line power play and penalty kill. It has been rumoured that he has put many hours into his endurance this off season so that he can carry the load for kelowna. One thing Ales will need to improve on going into this upcoming season is his defensive skills, he is going to have to be just as good in the defensive zone as he is in the offensive zone.

Now if Ales was to make the West Kendall roster, where would he play ? Well if were to make an educated guess, it would probably the third line. He would have to be rally impressive to make the top six, and have the little experience he has, it would be a tough test. At the same time, its never good to play a rookie in the fourth line roll, it could stunt his development . So the third line is a safe bet.

<div align="center">We will now let Ales talk to general public, and let them pick his brain .
[Image: 8869328.jpg]</div>

Code:
What's your most memorable game or moment of S21?

It would have to be winning the four star cup, its just an amazing experience, and to do it in my first season is really specially to me. The whole team really came to together, we all played and fought for each other it was great !

Code:
Going from a late free agent pick up to fit round pick. How do you explain your rise to fame?

Ultimately I owe a lot of it to my teammates and Jedi. Ultimately I wouldn't have been apart of this success if Jedi did not offer me a contract on Kelowna. Not to mention with out my teammates helping me through the season, and keeping me focused and motivated to always reach my potential is huge. I also have to thank West Kendall for putting trust in me, there were still a lot of great prospects left, and they ended up choosing me, so its a great feeling.

Code:
You fell 1 Game winning goal short of leading the SMJHL in GWG in the regular season with more than 200 minutes played less than any other top 10 player. Can you continue this clutch play into the SHL?

I hope so. Im going to be put in more pressure situation this year, compared to last season. I just have to take advantage of every opportunity that I get, and keep training and practicing hard.

Code:
What were your thoughts about West Kendall before going into the draft?

Honestly I didn't know to much about west kendall. You hear the talk from other players and what not, but you try no to pay attention to that stuff. So I didnt let it effect me. I had no idea west kendall was interested in me though, so it was a big surprise.

Code:
Have you enjoyed your (limited) time so far as a member of the Platoon?

Yes I have ! I havent had the chance to get to know everyone one yet, but from the people I have talked to, its been really good.

Code:
If Kelowna stuggles this season, would you consider jumping up to the SHL?

I mean I never want to bail ship on my team. Its always easy to leave and quit something when things are going bad. But I do not want to be that type of player.

Code:
What kind of player can we expect from Ales Smirnov? What playing style are you going for? What kind of stats do you hope to lead one day?

You can expect a dedicated, and hard working player. That never gives up, and doesnt let the hard times effect him. As for play style, you can expect a defensive playmaker . I want to be solid in a 3 zones, and be able to be relied upon. As for stats, I want to be a player with a positive goal differential when I am on the ice. A point per game player, and ill probably have 3 2 assist for every goal.

Code:
Tell how mad you are that WKP took you away from Leonidas and the Seattle Riot.

Well I cant lie, I am a little disappointed that I dont have the chance to play with my bbg leo. Playing in Seattle would be a very cool experience! But at the same time, I feel like Ill be able to make more of an impact on West Kendall

Code:
How does it feel to make that jump to the big league?

Well its not certain that I will play in West Kendall this season, but it feels good to be around guys with a lot more experience then me. It will definitely help me moving forward, and how I progress through my career.

Code:
Who from the platoon would you want to be on a line with?

I honestly have no idea, I haven't really gotten the chance too meet/ get to enough of the members of the team. It would really depend on their play styles, ultimately if I could get put with a sniper that would be great.

Code:
Would you consider a midsession call up for a cup push if such opportunity arose?

Ultimately that would be the call of the management. I obviously want to help West Kendall win in the future, but at the same time I don't want to bail on my Knights boys. So its really a management decision.

Code:
If things were to happen and you could be a second line shler would that persuade you?

Again, thats a management decision. If they need me on the team, Ill play anywhere. The increased ice time is really nice. But Im not sure if i have enough experience to make an impact in that position.

Code:
This thread title sounds like a terrible sitcom. Do you concur?

Did you not hear. Its currently in production, Staring Jed. Wink

Code:
1322 Words

[Image: Oats.gif]

[Image: 401.png] [Image: S42cup1.png] [Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png][Image: WuTGq5J.png][Image: XUMDqMO.png]

What's your most memorable game or moment of S21?

Going from a late free agent pick up to first round pick. How do you explain your rise to fame?

You fell 1 Game winning goal short of leading the SMJHL in GWG in the regular season with more than 200 minutes played less than any other top 10 player. Can you continue this clutch play into the SHL?

Interview

- What were your thoughts about West Kendall before going into the draft?

- Have you enjoyed your (limited) time so far as a member of the Platoon?

- If Kelowna stuggles this season, would you consider jumping up to the SHL?

- What kind of player can we expect from Ales Smirnov? What playing style are you going for? What kind of stats do you hope to lead one day?

- Is Jed Lloren (rice) a giant Ottawa scrub?

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

How does it feel to make that jump to the big league?

Who from the platoon would you want to be on a line with?

Who do you think you'd be on a line with?

Did you know anyone on the platoon before the draft?

Would you consider a midsession call up for a cup push if such opportunity arose?

If things were to happen and you could be a second line shler would that persuade you?

[Image: andyj18.gif]

[Image: andybj18.gif]

[Image: pawter_meowski.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Leonidas@Jan 21 2015, 04:39 PM

[Image: TnLtlS1.gif]

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

Your mental health is just as important as your physical health. Please take care of it. Here are some helpful links just in case.

Algonquin College Student Support Services - 613-727-4723
Crisis Text Line - Text 'HOME' to 741741
Distress Centre Ottawa and Region - 613-288-3311
Good2Talk - 1-866-925-5454
Kid's Help Phone - 1-800-668-6868
Mental Health Hotline Ontario - 1-866-531-2600
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-8255

Click here for a list of crisis centres within Canada
Suicide Prevention Resource Centre
Suicide Awareness Voices of Education

If you have the contact info to your local mental help centres, let me know!

--------------------
[Image: 34987_s.gif]
Player Page | Updates

[Image: 8y3FJne.jpg][Image: kA0CbGn.png][Image: aGT9Qsn.png]

Quote:Originally posted by r1c3bowl22@Jan 21 2015, 04:52 PM

:lol: