Create Account

Remembering the S22 SHL draft...

YO! IT'S ME! IT'S ME! IT'S KARL-33!

<div align="center">[Image: 2a619wg.jpg]</div>

<div align="center">Season? 22
When? January 20
Where? Calgary, Alberta.
</div>

Remember this, fellow S22 SHL draftees? I do. I believe it's most interesting day in my whole career. That feeling, when youngster don't know, who's gonna draft him - this is like ''never before and never again'' or ''once in a lifetime''. Unfortunately, I overslept and missed the draft. Luckily, Seattle Riot bosses didn't punish me for this behaviour. Let's stop talking about my problems, cause this article topic is about all S22 SHL draftees, their TPE count and their performance in S23. Let's go!

<div align="center">First Round</div>

<div align="center">1. Panthers Los Angeles Panthers - Mariusz Kwik.

TPE - 451
</div>

The first overall pick of the S22 SHL draft and first bust? Not yet, but it seems like he already is one of the biggest disappointments of this draft. Maybe he had problems IRL, cause he left the SHL too suddenly, without any explanations. To be honest, I didn't predict his hiatus - he hosted the S21 SMJHL Awards show, he created video tutorial for the rookies and he was trully active. Now he is close to Pentecost/Pentebust. He has good stats - 23 points in 52 games - he would have become an SHL superstar, if he didn't leave SHL, I hope he will be back, but for now - sad lyf for the Panthers.

<div align="center">2. Stars Toronto North Stars - Pierre-Luc Laflamme

TPE - 779
</div>

This guy still is TOP TPE earner of this draft class. Back in S21 he proved that he is not worse TPE earner than S21 SMJHL first pick, but unlike him, Pierre didn't stop. Now he is playing in very promising Toronto North Stars team. In this season he recorded 20 points in 52 games and he was tied fifth (with Alexander Kjærberg) in goals. Not bad for second season, isn't it? And now he is a moderator in SHL forum. Well, there is no much to say - BRAVO!

<div align="center">3. Jets Winnipeg Jets - Drew Myers

TPE - 536
</div>

One of this season's ROTY award candidate. And he may win this award - he posted an astonoshing 36 points with 114 hits. Remember - thsi is his first SHL season, so this is goddamn impressive. I believe L4E drafted this guy, cause Winnipeg didn't have much good defence to help Prikulis. I guess, after S22 Leafs would not complain about his defence: Myers+Einstein+Manious=young defensive core power!

<div align="center">4. Steelhawks Hamilton Steelhawks - Bubba Nuck

TPE - 668
</div>

Another impressive TPE earner. Yeah, he is not Laflamme, but nobody can doubt about his activity. And he is not selfish guy - he agreed to change his postiton (from C to D) just to help his team. He registered 14 points and 88 hits - not so much impressive as Myers, but don't forget - this is his first season as defender. With this work ethic he should be one of premiere defenders of this league...or maybe he is going to change his postiton back to center?

<div align="center">5. Steelhawks Hamilton Steelhawks - Nils Wahlstrom

TPE - 362
</div>

He may be another bust, but there is a big reason for that. He had/has a concussion IRL. Or he just realized that SHL is not so interesting anymore? I don't know, but he is not active anymore. And yeah, he played 0 games in the SHL league. It's sad to see this talented player gone, but this is life.

<div align="center">6. Stars Toronto North Stars - Mark Harter

TPE - 708
</div>

From S22, North Stars managment has begun the rebuild. And one of main plans was to get a good goalie, cause not Ranjan nor Chamas were TOP goalies. And they got it! Harter had a horrible start in start of S21 SMJHL season, but now this is just a bad start, nothing special. This season stats: 89,8 % save percentage and 2.79 GAA in 46 games. Comparing to another goalies - othing special, but for his rookie season this was not a bad ride. And HE WAS BETTER THAN FOURFOUR!!! #Jordin #rekt. Now we are waiting from him some better play as Toronto is looking good and they should fight for a PO at least.

<div align="center">7. Chiefs Minnesota Chiefs - Chernika Banananov

TPE - 744
</div>

ArBarGarBar's fiancee IRL, I believe? Whatever. This players build was interesting - from his first day he had Scoring 90. But in 40 games he scored only 9 times. Fail. But I have no doubts that he gonna be a good attacker, just give him some time. In this season he has 28 points. But he has worst +/- in whole team: -18. So it seems like he is not looking for a defense, he looking for goals. Good luck with scoring more goals than in this season.

<div align="center">8. Panthers Los Angeles Panthers - Jigsaw McGraw

TPE - 613
</div>

Panthers had so much talents from S22 SHL draft, but only McGraw is active now. He is always been a good player, despite of his modest 17 point in his rookie season. But he played nice in playoffs versus Seattle Riot team - 3 goals in 7 games. Good job with not leaving SHL like other S22 LAP draftees did.

<div align="center">9. Stars Toronto North Stars - AJ Willison .a.k.a. Andrey Barbashev

TPE - 478
</div>

Little bit surprising choise by Toronto GM. I believe there were better guys than Willison-Barbashev. Maybe GM saw in him something special that I didn't see? At this moment he has not played single game in SHL, but I guess he should make his debut in next season along with Winston-Zaitsev.

<div align="center">10. Riot Seattle Riot - Pavel Bursyuk

TPE - 677
</div>

I allways underestimate this guys despite of these facts that he is my teammate and he has way more TPE than me. What an arrogant Scrub hedge is, isn't it? He is one of the biggest hope of Austria NT and Seattle Riot too. In this season he recorded 11 points in 52 games. Nothing special, but he is best from all Riot rookies. He is still very active, he has a job in SHL and I hope that he will produce more in next season.

<div align="center">11. Steelhawks Hamilton Steelhawks - FORFEITED

TPE - 0
</div>

Tampering shit. No comments.

<div align="center">12. Platoon West Kendall Platoon - Ales Smirnov

TPE - 663
</div>

West Kendall is not Best Kendall, but at least they have a very good young player. Smirnov was a killer in SMJHL league, especially in S22 and now he had a nice SHL season - 22 points. It's good that WKP has this player cause Willems and Lloren are not gonna carry whole West Kendall forever. Now Smirnov has one another dream - to play in the PO. And WKP has chances for that - Wolfpack are weak now, Chiefs/Steelhawks/Stars are not too strong for Miami suburb.

<div align="center">Second Round</div>

<div align="center">13. Riot Seattle Riot - Brandon Pomery

TPE - 405
</div>

''Ehh, another HFFO player...wait, he is not retired yet?!!!'' - and another similar jokes are coming from oldschool SHL members when they see this name. Yeah, he signed 8!! season contract with Riot. One minus - his last training took place in May 12. He is tired from his player or what? Better get your ass here, cause Karlensons demands that! I hope he will not forget about TTC at least.

<div align="center">14. Riot Seattle Riot - Valdemorts Karlensons

TPE - 601
</div>

He flew under the radar, underrated, sleeper pick, steal of the draft...the most interesting part of this that I am sleeper pick. I should have done better than that, but because of my first season, I am not the best here. At the very start I was slightly semi-active guy. I didn't know anything about SHL system here and I was too afraid to do PT's cause my English sucked very hard (well, nothing changed now). The member who brought me back into action, was BluesBoy71. How? I finally decided to give a try and write some stuff into Holiday shopping PT. The result: is here. I believe it was a 500 word crap, and I thought that I ain't gonna get even 3 TPE. But instead...BluesBoy just gave me max 5 TPE! So I realized that SHL is not really a tough nut to swallow and I increased my activity here. In this season I posted 88,2% save percentage and 3.02 GAA in 6 games. Well, this is not good stats even for backup, but now I have to train soooo hard, if I don't wanna fail in the next season as a starter. And yeah, I signed 5 season contract with Riot, so congratulations to me.

<div align="center">15. Jets Winnipeg Jets - Alex Mack

TPE - 541
</div>

The guy who has nice presses conferences, where he talks funny about womens. Now he became little bit quieter, but still he has more TPE's than some of first 14 players. Currently he has 0 games in SHL league and he is still banking his TPE. He is staying in Detroit one more season? I hope no, cause it makes no sense. He is good for SHL league.

<div align="center">16. Chiefs Minnesota Chiefs - Trill a.k.a. Evgeny Semin

TPE - 517
</div>

Dope ass Trill, who is not dope anymore, cause he is another Russia NT foreign. Take that, Nikitin! (after this I predict 75% percentage for Karlensons, cause Nik won't help me) In SMJHL league he was Regina Force player, but in mid S22 season he left SMJHL to help Minnesota. Season 23 stats: 10 points in 52 games. Not good for second season isn't it? But obviously he is not so much trained yet to put great numbers. So Minnesota can just wait. I believe he is gonna be something better that mediocre player.

<div align="center">17. Wolfpack New England Wolfpack - Adam Demko

TPE - 291
</div>

First pick for New England and they picked a goalie. After this move some people called this decision a dubious. But maybe Wolpack management already predicted Tennyson retiring? Maybe, but this pick is still dubious, cause:

1) Demko has only 291 TPE;
2) He never ever would be a Wolfpack starter;
3) Wolfpack currently has 3 goalies;
4) Kachur went inactive again.

I don't believe in him. He may be one of the best SMJHL goalies, but he can't pretend for more.

<div align="center">18. Panthers Los Angeles Panthers - Truck Stoker

TPE - 319
</div>

One another disappontment for Panthers. Yeah, he wasn't in Kwik level, but still. I guess Wasty gave some credits to Truck right after this draft. But now he is inactive. And he never made debut in SHL league. Sad lyf for Panthers again.

<div align="center">19. Panthers Los Angeles Panthers - Moosejaw Boudreau

TPE - 388
</div>

I thought he inactive too, but no. He is still a thing. Maybe he is gonna be a mediocre player for his whole career, but it's still better, than be a hopeless inactive. Another intereting thing - JohnyDrama (a.k.a. Boudreau) has only approx. 330 posts in 3 years and he is still around here. How long he could do that? In this season he scored only 1 time and he has 6 points. Still better than Sexbang.

<div align="center">20. Rage Manhattan Rage - Zach Morgan

TPE - 494
</div>

Underrated player. He should have been higher than 20th pick. In overall, this draft was good for Rage - they got 2 good players and one of them is Morgan. His play for Falcons is one of the reasons, why he is good. Unfortunately his first season is not good for him - only 4 points. But I believe that he is not going to retire after this season. Good things comes with hard work.

<div align="center">21. Wolfpack New England Wolfpack - Derek Underscore

TPE - 280
</div>

Another WTF pick. They picked him, cause Jasmine is female or what? Yeah, it's good to see womens in sim-league, but this pick price is 0. Good player for Scarecrows, but Derek probably is going to be nothing in SHL.Only Gibbon can be something with 250 TPE, cause he is Gibbon.

<div align="center">22. Chiefs Minnesota Chiefs - Chance Winston a.k.a. Luka Zaitsev

TPE - 532
</div>

Zaitsev is active in SHL forum, but he has every rights to consider himself as an underrated player. Now he is a part of rising Toronto North Stars organization. Just one more question - why he is banking all his TPE? You ain't gonna say that this was not last SMJHL season for him? If yes, then it's gonna be a bullcrap. He is ready for SHL, like Alex Mack.

<div align="center">23. Jets Winnipeg Jets - Steve Linkos

TPE - 528
</div>

Underrateeds, underrateds everywhere! Here is another. He was one of few reasons, why Scarecrows were real contenders, not outsiders, like Impact. Of course, he had almost zero chances to win Four Star cup with St. Louis, so he got traded to Knights, where he just did that - won SMJHL league. Now he plays in Jets and he doing his job great. 21 points in 52 games is very good for rookie and it's very very good for team, who had problems with attack.

<div align="center">24. Platoon West Kendall Platoon - Danny Sexbang

TPE - 182
</div>

The guy, who tries to be another Gibbon? I guess, yes. The most funny part is, he playing in SHL league, not in SMJHL. And he scored a goal!!! Versus S22 champs Rage!!! In playoffs!!!! VERSUS RAGE!!!!! I believe, he blessed Rage with that goal and they won a cup. Oh god, why he didn't score against Riot in this season? Sad lyf. Actually, he has 0 goals in this season, but he has 2 assists. It's fine for 182 TPE player.

<div align="center">Third Round</div>

<div align="center">25. Riot Seattle Riot - Vuro Vlaters

TPE - 518
</div>

Another steal from Seattle. Vuro joined SHL after S21 SMJHL draft, so he had less chances to make a noise. But before S22 SHL draft almost every member put him into second round in mock draft, despite of his late join. But GM's just slept on him, like they did season after with another Latvian Ziepiņš and Seattle just grabbed him...like season after they grabbed Ziepiņš. He was one of main reasons why Impact passed Scarecrows in S22 SMJHL playoffs and now he is trying to throw Miller out of third line in Riot team. In this season he has 9 points in 52 games. Nothing special, I believe. Now we are hoping that he is gonna rock better in the next season.

<div align="center">26. Rage Manhattan Rage - Thomas Anderson

TPE - 466
</div>

Another good player for Rage. He never was very noisy, but he is still a solid rookie. He scored 5 goals in this season and he has more points, than his fellow draftee and teammate Zach Morgan. P.S. They were teammates in Falcons too. I guess, Mook knew, who is gonna be good future for Rage as both Morgan and Anderson can be considered as steals of this draft.

<div align="center">27. Jets Winnipeg Jets - Big Manious

TPE - 460
</div>

The most quite member of all actives here. He has only 139 posts, but this is not problem for the Jets as they got another solid defender. I believe, Jets has the best young defensemans in all SHL league. This is very good news for Prikulis, who wanna get another Ron Mexico trophy. And yeah... [Image: icon8.gif] - his favourite smile.

<div align="center">28. Dragons Calgary Dragons - Jordan Uptuck

TPE - 327
</div>

Another quite player here, but he is worse than Manious. I thought he is gone, but no, he still trying to do something. At this moment he is doing great job only for Whalers, Dragons just have to wait. Maybe after 2 seasons we would be a good depth player. But not a superstar, that's for sure.

<div align="center">29. Rage Manhattan Rage - Stacker Pentecost

TPE - 270
</div>

Well, Pentebust is here. With this pick Rage management hoped that he will make a comebakc, but that didn't happen. Even if he comes back, he would probably retire this bust. He was very active in the begining, but he burned himself out, I believe. Good bye, sweet prince Pentecost, you always will be known as S21 SMJHL draft biggest bust.

<div align="center">30. Panthers Los Angeles Panthers - Tanner Carter

TPE - 381
</div>

Last active player in this list. Too bad that his last training took place in March 31. This means he is too lazy. Another sad lyf for Panthers. He should be LAP player in next season, but instead of this he is still Kelowna Knights player. And nothing will change in the next season.

<div align="center">31. Panthers Los Angeles Panthers - Mike Abell

TPE - 237
</div>

He tried to come back into action. But now he is inactive. Mediocre Whalers players, nothing more.

<div align="center">32. Dragons Calgary Dragons - Tucker O'Callahan

TPE - 205
</div>

Another inactive guy, who had something in the start. It's like - another inactive, gg.

<div align="center">33. Panthers Los Angeles Panthers - Rayan Pitaniya

TPE - 205
</div>

The guy from VHL league, who is inactive now. After he got drafted 20th by Regina Force, many people said that this is steal. Well, not now.

<div align="center">34. Riot Seattle Riot - Sigge Clausson

TPE - 186
</div>

Inactive player, gg.

<div align="center">35. Platoon West Kendall Platoon - Noah Jackson

TPE - 194
</div>

He used to be better, than Karlensons and really was higher in S21 SMJHL draft than Latvian hedgehog. And he was active in Scarecrows LR. But now he is another inactive guy. He said that he is going to be dad IRL, so good luck to him with that.

<div align="center">36. Renegades Texas Renegades - Conn Thomson

TPE - 230
</div>

I always will remember this memebr as guy, who made >8000 word article about S21 SMJHL prospects. He said that I would be a backup, but I got starter position in Montreal quickly. Unfortunately, Champ39 went inactive and it seems like he will never come back.

<div align="center">Fourth Round</div>

<div align="center">37. Chiefs Minnesota Chiefs - PASS

TPE - 0
</div>

No comments.

<div align="center">38. Rage Manhattan Rage - PASS

TPE - 0
</div>

No comments.

<div align="center">39. Jets Winnipeg Jets - PASS

TPE - 0
</div>

No comments.

<div align="center">40. Dragons Calgary Dragons - Alex Fischer

TPE - 213
</div>

Another inactive, who has TPE number >200. Whatever, he is still out of business.

<div align="center">41. Platoon West Kendall Platoon - Seth Ryder

TPE - 169
</div>

Another inactive player, gg.

<div align="center">42. Stars Toronto North Stars - PASS

TPE - 0
</div>

No comments.

<div align="center">43. Panthers Los Angeles Panthers - PASS

TPE - 0
</div>

No comments.

<div align="center">44. Rage Manhattan Rage - PASS

TPE - 0
</div>

No comments.

<div align="center">45. Wolfpack New England Wolfpack - Armands Jaks

TPE - 155(?)
</div>

Latvian? Whatever...another inactive, gg.

<div align="center">46. Riot Seattle Riot - Danny Phantom

TPE - 207
</div>

Seattle Riot tried to get this player back to SHL, but without success. I guess, DT likes only VHL league.

<div align="center">47. Steelhawks Hamilton Steelhawks - Siegfried Slayer

TPE - 155(?)
</div>

Another inactive guy, gg.

<div align="center">48. Renegades Texas Renegades - PASS

TPE - 0
</div>

No comments.

Well, this is how draft went. But I am not done yet. there is one player, who was not drafted, but he came back to SHL...thanks to Seattle.

<div align="center">Sergei Kozar - to Riot Seattle Riot

TPE - 361
</div>

He was totally inactive in his debut season and I thought that he is done. Well, not yet. Riot management took his body and brought him back. Now he is Scarecrows player and one of the reason, why Karlensons shouldn't relax too early.

Well, that's it. This is my first >3000 word article and it was too hard to do that. But I need money so...there it is! Thank you for reading this thing which is being filled with grammar mistakes. Thank ya'll and I am out!

Yeah, Niki's SB ratio going down now lol

Well done Karl!

Great read buddy Smile

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

Quote:West Kendall is not Best Kendall

[Image: tumblr_m7d0hv8tDh1rw7fjjo1_500.gif]

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

I'm here and awesome Smile

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: HFFO.gif]

=D> Well done!

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

Very cool man, I really enjoyed the read and seeing just how we have all faired.

[Image: c3936a1e67537ed2c9716b30ba8432ee.png]

BUBBA -- Roster===Updates

Bojo Machine
League of Accomplished Players
Player builder

Still on top!

Good read!

RIPDAVE