Create Account

Girard's Draft Presser

Grade away!

Hello all! Now that both the SHL and SMJHL Drafts have died down, Brandon Girard has taken the mic via Skype to answer all questions the league may have. The newly acquired Defensive prospect for the Hamilton Steelhawks organization will take any questions about his career, previous season, the "Wolfpack", winning the 4 Star Cup and more importantly the S24 SHL Draft.

Please take the courtesy to ask the better half of the "Steel Curtain" defensive pair all and anything you have ever wondered!

[Image: mqdefault.jpg]

Quote:Originally posted by Eggy216+Jun 10 2015, 05:45 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1' id='QUOTE-WRAP'><tr><td>QUOTE (Eggy216 @ Jun 10 2015, 05:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->
Interview 1. To what do you attribute your success?

Interview 2. Any advice for a rookie defenseman?

Interview 3. How do you feel about being drafted by the Seahawks?[/b]

1. I attribute my success to a few key things. Number one is being drafted by the Detroit Falcon's, a luxury you have received yourself. The management with Esa & Mook is among the greatest you're going to find in the SMJHL and they helped me along the right path when I started. Secondly, I have to thank some of the people in my draft class who I eventually became great friends with, their strong activity and drive pushed me to be the best I could be. To be successful in this league you have to be hungry, you have to want to be the best. Do everything in your power to make bank and earn TPE and the success will come.

2. As a rookie defenseman, I had it pretty easy playing with the superstar first line Detroit had last season. They scored so many goals in even just one shift I was able to take it easy on the D. The lineup's looking great this season as well, so my advice to you is to bring a crossword puzzle or something to pass the time during games. In all seriousness though, just be active, never miss training or a PT and as you develop the on ice production will follow.

3. The Steelhawks were one of my top choice destinations for the draft and I was excited when they traded up in the first round to get me. The management with Tanner and LVShark is already impressing me and the players on the team are very experienced. I'm very excited to learn all I can from them and hopefully play in Hamilton for many seasons to come.

Quote:Originally posted by Ballerstorm@Jun 10 2015, 05:55 PM<br />
Interview 1. What do you think about playing along side Patrick Brumm?

Interview 2. How do you feel about playing against Randleman, Damour, Prince, and Dambach?

Interview 3. What are you most looking forward to in the SHL?

Interview 4. What does Detroit have to do to repeat as Four Star Cup champions?

Interview 5. Which team is your biggest competition for repeating as Four Star Cup champions?

1. Being drafted with Brumm is very exciting, it makes playing in Hamilton even better than it would have been alone. Brumm's a great offensive d-man and I think together in the same pairing we are going to rack up the goals and layout some bodies pretty easily. We've had just one practice together and the chemistry was already visible. He's an easy guy to work with on the ice and a close friend off the ice.

2. That's a very easy answer, I played all those guys in the SMJHL and it lead to a 4 Star Cup. Playing against them in the SHL should be no different. Regardless, having friends on many different teams makes the games more fun and something to look forward to.

3. Long term, I'm most looking forward to seeing how my career develops in Hamilton and hopefully become a franchise defenseman. Short term, I just want to rack up the hits on Dambach so I can put his new self-proclaimed phrase "Dambashed" to rest once and for all. Hopefully my new slogan, "Girarded" will catch on after that.

4. Detroit's success last year heavily relied on the SHL send downs, who have since either been called up or retired. In S24 myself, Kaapo, Ray, Libra, Gow and Bowden are going to have to step up to the plate and produce big time. Even more importantly is our newly drafted rookies, who are going to have to stay active and produce well for us to win the cup again.

5. This is a hard one to answer as both Kelowna and Vancouver were hard to beat last year. Both clubs had very good drafts, but I would have to Vancouver on this one mostly based on their new prospects. The S25 season, I would have to go with Montreal as being the franchise to beat although. I think they had the best draft out of all 6 teams, but are going to need a season to develop first.

Quote:Originally posted by NUCK@Jun 10 2015, 05:57 PM<br />
Interview 1. Do you belive you will play in the SMJHL this year again or be up with the big club?

Interview 2. Did you have any indaction that Tanner was going to target you and Brumm?

Interview 3. Are you going to be an assist man or a goal scorer?

Interview 4. Any plans on working on your physical game?

1. I'm sure I'm going back down to the SMJHL as I have not heard otherwise. As I've always said, I'm open to anything regarding this and as of this season don't have a preference. I would love to play along side the new rookies in Detroit and go for another 4 Star Cup. Although the idea of being called up right away is very enticing, I know I have some work to do development wise before I am ready to bang with the big guys up there.

2. I had no indication up until the day before the draft. Before Tanner I had other teams interested in me going mid to late first round, so when Tanner acquired number 5 to get me it was a huge honour. I was very excited when Tanner reached out to me expressing interest and of course Brumm is my best bud, so I was aware of Hamilton's interest in him as well. When I saw the Steelhawks also traded for number 6 I was very sure both those picks were going to Brumm and I. All in all, glad to have Brumm with me instead of competing against him for the spot.

3. I've primarily been a playmaker and was decently successful at it in my rookie season with most of my points coming by assist. If I get paired with Patty B in the future expect some big points as Brumm and I will compliment each other well on the ice, with him being a goal scorer.

4. My physical game is lacking and it's mostly due to Detroit's need for me as a winger most of S23. Near the end of the season I began working on my checking abilities and will continue to make that and strength a priority this season. I know Hamilton was looking for defense when they drafted me so I need to make my defensive aspects sharper than my offense to fulfill my spot as the player Hamilton needs me to be, and I'm very excited about that.

Quote:Originally posted by LVShark@Jun 10 2015, 06:24 PM<br />
Interview 1. Favorite part about Hamilton so far

Interview 2. Where do you see yourself in one season? five seasons?

Interview 3. Do you see yourself staying long term in Hamilton?

1. My favourite part about Hamilton is too tough to pin point. I really like the kik activity and how close it seems you guys are even outside the SHL, I hope to be a part of that one day. I like the amount of experience on the team as well, that's a huge plus and I am looking forward to learning from all of the guys.

2. In one season I hope to be somewhere on the Steelhawk's roster, if management feels I am ready. In five seasons, I hope to be set in a large bank account, have won at least one award and be contributing to the Steelhawk's team sufficiently to play a part in winning a cup.

3. I absolutely see myself staying long term here, just based on first impressions this is a club I like and I'm the kind of guy to commit long term. I think we'll have to work out a no trade clause at some point haha.

<!--QuoteBegin-Steelhead77@Jun 11 2015, 09:57 PM

Interview 1. Are you going to play forward or defense this year for the defending Four Star Cup Champion Detroit Falcons?

Interview 2. Which do you prefer? Has Hamilton given you any idea of what position they see you playing down the road?

Interview 3. How does it feel to get drafted by a team with Falcon alum like Bubba Nuck and Michael J Caboose?

Interview 4. Did Hamilton include a chicken parm in your contract like Esa did?

Congrats buddy!

Cheers
[/quote]

1. It looks like Mook and the Falcons need me on defense, with a lot of our players being called up to the bigs. I'm more than happy to be back in my original position on the team and getting top line minutes. I'm definatley looking forward to playing with some of the new defensive rookies and hopefully I'll be able to teach them a thing or two and help them progress. Ofg course, I can always learn from them as well.

2. My preference on position is hard to pin point as I have loved playing both up front and in the back. Defense is my core and me strong suit, but no matter what I can make plays from any position and wether I'm on the wing or on a defensive pair it's all the same to me. Hamilton has definatley expressed interest in me filling a spot on their defensive roster, and I'm happy to fill whatever position they need.

3. It's really great to go from seeing Bubba and JPL in the Falcon's locker room to chatting with them again in the Hamilton one. I know I can learn a lot from those guys and have already in Detroit. I hope one day to be as good as them and earn my spot on the roster alongside those two.

4. Hamilton unfortunately did not include a chicken parm like you did Esa. Honestly the only reason I wanted to be drafted to Detroit was for that... I was really hungry at the time. Hamilton does however offer a strong lineup, leadership and is a promising team. Just like Detroit.

[Image: ivanovamin.png]
Player Page - Update Thread

To what do you attribute your success?

Any advice for a rookie defenseman?

How do you feel about being drafted by the Seahawks?

Wolfpack LW - Rainbow Dash - Updates Wolfpack
[Image: zVOLkfl.png] [img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/eM6YKiW.gif[/img] [Image: zrRa4LD.png]
[Image: zmHxxsq.png] Rainbow Dash Fan S24-Present [Image: zmHxxsq.png]
Shl SHL Commissioner S34-S52 Shl
Wolfpack New England Wolfpack GM S30-S40 Wolfpack
Militia Montreal Milita Co-GM S26-S29 Militia

What do you think about playing along side Patrick Brumm?

How do you feel about playing against Randleman, Damour, Prince, and Dambach?

What are you most looking forward to in the SHL?

What does Detroit have to do to repeat as Four Star Cup champions?

Which team is your biggest competition for repeating as Four Star Cup champions?

Do you belive you will play in the SMJHL this year again or be up with the big club?

Did you have any indaction that Tanner was going to target you and Brumm?

Are you going to be an assist man or a goal scorer?

Any plans on working on your physical game?

[Image: c3936a1e67537ed2c9716b30ba8432ee.png]

BUBBA -- Roster===Updates

Bojo Machine
League of Accomplished Players
Player builder

Favorite part about Hamilton so far

Where do you see yourself in one season? five seasons?

Do you see yourself staying long term in Hamilton?

Answered em' all, bump.

[Image: ivanovamin.png]
Player Page - Update Thread

Are you going to play forward or defense this year for the defending Four Star Cup Champion Detroit Falcons?

Which do you prefer? Has Hamilton given you any idea of what position they see you playing down the road?

How does it feel to get drafted by a team with Falcon alum like Bubba Nuck and Michael J Caboose?

Did Hamilton include a chicken parm in your contract like Esa did?

Congrats buddy!

Cheers

---> ParmBorg Highlights <---
[Image: cgv4vCv.png] Goal[Image: 95lCCDx.png]
[Image: parmborg.gif]

[Image: steelhead77.gif]

#1 All-Time SHL Goal & Point Scorer 
- First 2,000 TPE Player in SHL History - 
- First 400 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- Only 500 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- First GM to Win 5 & 6 Challenge Cups -
Esa Anrikkanen Award - SMJHL ROY - Est. S34
Vidrik Onoprienko Award Winner - S45

Dragonite[Image: 271.png][Image: 291.png][Image: 321.png][Image: 401.png][Image: 42banner2.png][Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png] Dragonite