Create Account

Admirals' players review and haiku

Here is a short players review of the season for the Portland Admirals. Sadly the team did not make the playoffs, but it’s not because of the active players, they have all been fantastic. We just need more! I included players Haiku, because I feel it’s a good way to express my gratitude towards them and because it is fun to do. I hope I did not forget anyone.

Yousuf Sherbluk

Yousuf is a veteran and it was very apparent. Being a leader and the best offensive weapon on the team (after we traded away Salmon). Also, he probably has the longuest signature in the league, so he has that going for him. Also, if anyone thought he was donzo, you guys were terribly wrong!

Fantastic mentor
Even better scoring god
All around great guy

Buster Killington

Buster has been Killing it this season. Mister future rookie of the year has been lights out and will be for a very long time. Dave might have been a killer, but Buster might follow in the steps of Sherbluk and be an outstanding player for a really long time.

Not a high draft pick
He is not a Petencost
He is co-GM

Nikolaus Scholz

We need more guy like him, only two penalty minutes on the year, that is really impressive. The best true rookie in the league, he was not afraid of going against the wind and doing things his own way. Not acting like some thug that gets 100 minutes and put his team in a tough spot. Mister German prodigy was a very good penalty killer.

Nice locker room guy
Positive and effective
Vielen dank my man

Hans Ponsen

A great addition to the team, very solid defenseman with a great slapper. He’s not perfect though, he’s a Swede, I guess it’s not his fault. Signed a nice contract with the team and he’s the future leader of the team on defense.

Such a pleasant Swede
You would not believe he is
From that dirty realm

Drizzy Drake

This guy managed to be +1 at the end of the year. That’s an incredible feat, no one else on the team was on the positive side of things. Hopefully next year many more players will be with him on the positive side of plus minus.

Can diss anyone
He will overshadow meek
So effortlessly

Pal Vikingstod

More like Pal Vikingthug, often putting his team in trouble by getting penalties. But otherwise a good rookie season. Defended his teammates without hesitation, dropped the gloves a bunch of times. Racked up hits, shot block and points.

A nasty mofo
That will punch you in the face
For being a Finn

Nikita Nevzorov

A very difficult situation awaited Nevzerov, a rookie goalie behind a very inexperienced team is a recipe for disaster, but it went alright. Sure, he did not set the world on fire, but he did not hold the team back either. Like most of the team, his progression should be rapid and impressive.

Our Reggie Dunlop
With the same grand fashion style
A radio star

Honorable mention

Chico Salmon

Salmon has old man strenght, or super power. No one can tell the difference with him. It was grandiose to have him on the team for a while. Best of luck to Salmon in Edmonton.

On fire all year long
All the way to Edmonton
No doubt MVP

Armin Brovalchuck

Armin was playing lights out for Portland, the transition to Texas was not so easy though. Maybe the air is too dry. But, he’ll get a chance to compete in the playoffs and he will show why Texas picked him up!

If he was a cake
There would be no need to lie
He is the real deal

617 words

never had someone write I haiku about me before. very creative, nice job.
Although I never know if my lack of penalties is due to amazing discipline or being a complete pussy (so few hits). This is two seasons in a row now I've registered 2 PIMS...

Thanks for the sig ragnar!
[Image: scholz.png]

pride Armada  Player Page || Update Page  Germany pride

Quote:Originally posted by karlssens@Sep 23 2015, 11:41 PM
never had someone write I haiku about me before. very creative, nice job.
Although I never know if my lack of penalties is due to amazing discipline or being a complete pussy (so few hits). This is two seasons in a row now I've registered 2 PIMS...
Technically they are not haikus, though they do follow the structural format of a haiku.