Create Account

Karlsson Draft/Trade Presser

<center>

SVEN KARLSSON - DRAFT/TRADE PRESSER

[Image: Tv9g8qP.jpg]

As of Wednesday afternoon, Sven Karlsson was a proud member of the Detroit Falcons, awaiting his turn to be selected in the S26 SHL Entry Draft. Karlsson wasn't high on many people's draft boards and was estimated to be a late second round pick, and in some cases he was even touted to fall down into the third. Fast forward one day and Sven has been drafted in a much higher position than anticipated, after two teams went head to head to pick him in some real draft day drama, but in what was probably a more shocking turn of events, he is now one of the newest members of the Montreal Impact, as the Detroit Falcons entered full rebuild mode and shipped out nearly all of their main player core.

The strangest yet most exciting 24 hours of Sven's life began last night as he sat in his seat at the SHL entry draft, waiting to hear his name be called and find out where he will be beginning his career in the SHL. He had no real expectations of being selected within the top 25, and as far as he knew, he was under the radar of all the SHL teams bar one; the Los Angeles Panthers. Sven had been in contact with Panthers co-GM Frederik Wastlund in the run up to the draft and had been told that if he were available when they were picking, he would be taken, even to the extent that they were trying to move up to take him. The first round of the draft passed with no major surprises, and on the clock for the first pick of the second round was the Portland Admirals, one of two teams in the league that have only been in existence for a single season. The LA Panthers hadn't picked Sven up with either of their first round picks, but it was announced that they had made a trade to move up to take the 16th overall pick, and the television panel covering the draft began to speculate that they had done that with the intention of picking Karlsson. It seemed that Karlsson was destined for Los Angeles, that was however, until Portland's GM took to the stage and made the announcement that no one was expecting; Sven was to become an Admiral. The initial shock of the moment wore off almost instantly and the sheer scale of the moment dawned on Sven. Portland are a team that is attempting to find their way in the league, and them believing that Karlsson is a cornerstone that they want to add really hit home.

[Image: pGYL98W.jpg]

After the rigmarole of the post-selection draft proceedings had been carried out, Sven headed back to his hotel before rising early the next day and catching a flight to Portland to introduce himself to the local media. It was when Sven got off the plane that he noticed a number of missed calls and messages urging him to get in touch from his GM with the Falcons. Sven returned the calls, and all the elation he'd felt from the previous day was wiped away as he was hit with the news that he was to be traded away from the Falcons. While leaving a team is often hard for any player, the thought of leaving Detroit carried extra sadness for Sven when one factors in the circumstances of his joining. When no other team in the league had wanted him, the Falcons had signed him, helped him grow as a player and ultimately made him feel welcome in a place a long way from home. His devastation was softened somewhat however when he found out that he was now a member of the Montreal Impact, a team co-GMed by Jasper Clayton, one of a former Falcon and one of Karlsson's closest friends within the league. Sven's time with the Impact will give him the opportunity to experience real success as they attempt to pick up another Four Star Cup, and while it is tough for him to say farewell to the Falcons and their fans, his departure will ultimately benefit the team in the long run as they look to rebuild through the draft in the next few seasons.

Sven will now be taking your questions regarding the draft, the trade, his future in the SHL and any other subjects you may want to know about!

Questions:

Interview What do you think you bring to Montreal?

"I think the most important thing I bring to the Impact is a desire to win. They're a team that came very close last season and are looking to get over the line this time around, and I think they've made some moves in the off season that can help them. I think adding me brings some extra depth to their top-six. I'm obviously a centre by trade but I'm likely to be playing out on the wing this season, so me being there will hopefully add some size, strength and scoring prowess to the wide areas, which is always a good thing.

Interview How are you liking your new teammates in both Montreal and Portland?

"Everyone is great and it's a nice mix of people. I'm the youngest and most inexperienced guy in the Portland set up, and although we're a new team there's some great guys involved there and that's really helped me transition in a bit better. The dudes in Montreal are great too, they were really tough to play against last season so being on the same team as them this year will definitely be fun.

Interview Is this thread about Eggy yet?

"Was it ever not about him?"

Interview Why do you think Eggy can't resist making threads about him?

Honestly, I have no idea. I think it's just down to who he is, any thread he sees has to be made about him.

Interview First impressions of Portland as a team?

"I'm really impressed. I was expecting them to be a bit of a mess being such a new team but they've got a great core of players in place, and after making some very nice moves in the offseason I think we could surprise people this year. Everyone's been really welcoming and made it clear that they see me as a key cornerstone piece for this franchise in years to come, which I find very encouraging. Hopefully I'll be able to prove them right sooner rather than later!"

InterviewGoals for your sophomore season?

"It probably sounds cliched but to basically help my team win. I want to produce a lot more points than I did last year but I also want to play stronger defensively too to help balance it out. I expect I'll be in Montreal for the season but if the Admirals do decide to call me up I hope to be playing to a level where I'm helping them win games and individually putting up some respectable rookie numbers."

InterviewDo take comfort in knowing that Mattias Holmberg will be going to Montreal with you?

"Mattias joining me has been a massive help with adapting to my new surroundings. He was one of my closest friends at Detroit, and with us both being from Sweden, it definitely helps to be able to have him show me around down here. He's a great guy and I would be shocked if he doesn't end up as one of the top defensemen in the SHL at some point. I'm really looking forward to tearing it up with him again this year!"

InterviewDo plan on being a role player for the Admirals?

"I honestly have no real plan for my time there, it's just going to be a case of doing what they ask of me. I think whenever I go there initially I'll probably pick up a third line centre or second line winger role, but I can see me being quite fluid within the lineup until we know what works for sure. We're a young team but we've got some fantastic pieces falling into place that could see us go on to be a top team."

InterviewHow do you plan on spending your Entry Level Contract money?

"I'm going to get a new truck, the one I'm driving at the minute's dying. I'll probably take all the guys on the Impact out for dinner to celebrate too, honestly it's just going to be great to have some walking around money."

InterviewWhat hockey brand are you going to use during your first couple of years in the SHL?

"I'm getting an endorsement from Reebok for this year so I'm going to be hooked up and kitted out. Whether that'll last to me playing in the SHL I'm not sure, but who knows, you may see kids using the Sven Karlsson Classic stick in a few years."

InterviewDo you like cute, fluffy bunnies?

"Obviously. Who doesn't?"

InterviewDo you find it difficult to take the league seriously when Eggy can't stop making threads about himself?

"I think it's probably the biggest problem the league faces right now. Head Office needs to be looking into this before it becomes even more of an issue than it already is."

InterviewHow have you enjoyed GMing the prospects tournament?

"It was a great experience for me. I really enjoyed having a chance to work with some of the new crop of talent entering the SMJHL this season and I'm just sorry we couldn't do better for the Stingrays. I'm sure though that a lot of these guys are going to have a great time at the draft this season and I look forward to hopefully seeing who among them gets drafted by the Admirals."

InterviewWhat are you concentrating on during the off-season

"The offseason was a tough one, moving from Detroit to Montreal, before finding out I was playing in the SHL this season and moving again to Portland. I spent a lot of time talking to a lot of different journalists but I was lucky enough to get a lot more time in the gym than I usually do, as well as some time back home with my family."

InterviewIce cream or Frozen Yogurt

"I'm a professional athlete and potential role model to a lot of youngsters so I should say frozen yogurt but I'm super partial to some good ice cream so I'm not going to answer."

:interviewWhat sort of player do you envision yourself being in Portland?

"I'm happy with the role I'm playing now as the second line centre. It suits my game and I've actually been able to put up some respectable numbers for a guy who's playing as a true rookie. I want to be a lifetime player for Portland, put a 10 season contract extension in front of me tomorrow and ill sign it. I want to be here from the beginning all the way until we win our first challenge cup, so if you're an Admirals fan, expect to see a lot of me over the next few seasons."

:admirals: :impact: :admirals: :impact: :admirals: :impact: :admirals: :impact:

</center>

Code:
1913 words.

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

What do you think you bring to Montreal?

How are you liking your new teammates in both Montreal and Portland?

Is this thread about Eggy yet?

Wolfpack LW - Rainbow Dash - Updates Wolfpack
[Image: zVOLkfl.png] [img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/eM6YKiW.gif[/img] [Image: zrRa4LD.png]
[Image: zmHxxsq.png] Rainbow Dash Fan S24-Present [Image: zmHxxsq.png]
Shl SHL Commissioner S34-S52 Shl
Wolfpack New England Wolfpack GM S30-S40 Wolfpack
Militia Montreal Milita Co-GM S26-S29 Militia

Why do you think Eggy can't resist making threads about him?

First impressions of Portland as a team?

Goals for your sophomore season?

[Image: OaSEcaw]

Do take comfort in knowing that Mattias Holmberg will be going to Montreal with you?

Do plan on being a role player for the Admirals?

How do you plan on spending your Entry Level Contract money?

What hockey brand are you going to use during your first couple of years in the SHL?

Do you like cute, fluffy bunnies?

Do you find it difficult to take the league seriously when Eggy can't stop making threads about himself?

Sven Holmberg

[Image: hexx55.gif]

[Image: mitochondriafigure1.jpg]
Player Page | Update Page

Updated, ask me moar

How have you enjoyed GMing the prospects tournament?

What are you concentrating on during the off-season

Ice cream or Frozen Yogurt

What sort of player do you envision yourself being in Portland?

Also welcome to the team and being a major part of our core Wink

[Image: 8PlNwDd.png]

Totally forgot I started this, please grade it

Nick Ritchie looks like the autistic kid I went to high school with.

Quote:Originally posted by Allen@Nov 12 2015, 01:54 PM
Nick Ritchie looks like the autistic kid I went to high school with.

I watched him a few times when he was in the OHL and thought it was hilarious how he looked compared to everyone else