Create Account

Wiljian Zjang's Draft Article #1

Wiljian Zjang's Public Statement Regarding The SHL Draft

After losing in the SMJHL playoffs, some of the media were able to talk to him regarding the SHL draft. He was asked a multitude of questions regarding the draft since he is a very intriguing prospect. Afterall, he is one of the biggest question marks in this draft. Despite this, Zjang feels as though he can be one of the best players out of this draft if one were to reflect on this draft class after a while. When asked why he stated, "I have the drive, I have put in as many training hours as I could, although I missed one assignment because I miss read the deadline. Another thing is that I am one of the youngest in the draft class. I joined the draft really late due to my birthday, and thus could not develop to the level that the top prospects could."

After this statement, Zjang took a couple more steps towards the team bus back to Detroit following the loss, only to be stopped by another reporter. Do you think that some General Manager's will flag you since your floor may be lower since you joined the draft class so late? Zjang responded in a fiery manner "Of course, the draft process is about fit as well, and not every single General Manager would be in love with the same prospects. A team that is competing for a championship soon might not look at me since I started behind many of the other prospects, however I view it as a positive since my ceiling is not even close to being seen, yet again, even be known. I have not had enough time to be written off, and I feel like my potential is starting to show as of late. I came in to the league as a lanky kid who was average at what he does best, however, after a while, I was able to improve enough where I will soon become elite in my specialties. I will have to stay in the SMJHL for a season, but I will be in the SHL before you know it."

Zjang rushed on to the bus after the last statement, and as we could tell, he just wanted to go back home to California and enjoy the good weather.

*Draft Article #1**

Code:
~375 words

good luck Mr. Chinese Power

Chris McZehrl III - Anchorage Armada
[Image: McZehrlIII.jpg?ex=667c5d3b&is=667b0bbb&h...3f94d487d&]

Challenge Cup Wins:
S18 - Riot Seattle Riot (with Chris McZehrl)*
S23 - Wolfpack New England Wolfpack (with Chris McZehrl)*
S27 - Dragons Calgary Dragons (with VLAD McZehrl)**
S34 - Rage Manhattan Rage (with VLAD McZehrl)
S37 - Jets Winnipeg Jets (with VLAD McZehrl)
S46 - Stampede Buffalo Stampede (with GOD McZehrl)*

*first ever Challenge Cup of Franchise History
**first ever Challenge Cup win after 0-3 in Finals Series

Four Star Cup Wins:
S24 - Whalers Vancouver Whalers (with VLAD McZehrl)
S39 - Scarecrows St. Louis Scarecrows (with GOD McZehrl)

SHL Hall of Fame Members:
S24 - Chris McZehrl Platoon Panthers Dragons Riot Wolfpack *
(GP: 764 | G: 322 | A: 461 | P: 783 | +/-: +109)
S40 - VLAD McZehrl Dragons Riot Rage Stampede Jets Wolfpack *
(GP: 653 | G: 333 | A: 361 | P: 694 | +/-: +141)

*1st Ballot Hall of Famer

small note: GOD McZehrl played at first as Defender and later as Forward!