Create Account

Halifax Raiders Sign Patriks Porzingis

raiders - The Halifax Raiders announced the signing of defenceman Patriks Porzingis on Wednesday. Porzingis, of Liepaja Latvia, is the younger brother of the 2015 #4 overall selection by the New York Knicks in the NBA.

Patriks is 19 years old and is playing his first full season across seas. "I have more opportunity [in Canada] than back home," said Porzingis. "It was [an] easy move for me."

"Patriks Porzingis is a two-way, all-around defenseman with very strong skating ability. The big body moves like a much smaller one and with a fluid, effortless stride. He can log a lot of ice time and never break down with injuries. Unfortunately, Porzingis never has played a physical or aggressive game, despite having the size to potentially dominate in that area." (Scouting report courtesy of Eastern European Elite Ice Hockey Scouting)

Raiders GM, vbottasnoods, announced the terms of the contract as 1-year, $2 million.

While he was not selected in the SHL Draft, Porzingis' resilient work-ethic will aid him as he continues to develop his young career.

Wow, looks like we may have uncovered a diamond here!

raiders

[Image: Piastri2.png?ex=65ba64d4&is=65a7efd4&hm=...462889f09&]
[Image: or8VMxO.gif]

Gratz with the deal. Keep great work that way and good luck in Raiders, Halifax is a great place to start bright carrer Wink

Rage Falcons Latvia Latvia Falcons Rage
[Image: HOlloway.png]

First free agent and already looking like he could be one of the best of the class.

Welcome!

[Image: BrettBroadway.gif]
[Image: Hunter.png]

Gratz Zingi! Make Latvia proud! Latvia Cheers

hewoe
[Image: 0OAAUwi.png]

You'll do very well in Halifax, I really enjoyed my time there!

[Image: W8ZyU0w.png]
[Image: EilhEKw.gif]

Wolfpack Canada Battleborn

Good family!

[Image: 2JcMUJm.png]

Could be a stud dman in the making