Create Account

Farewell Presser and Review With Rick James

We go live inside of Los Angeles' beautiful China Club on the Sunset Strip. Today marks the end of the Rick James era in the SMJHL . Rick played in three campaigns (S25-S27) with the Vancouver Whalers. Last season he was elected captain by his peers and team management. We will now look back on his junior career and have some time for questions at the end of our review.

We can start with the obvious. Rick likes to party. A lot. Ok more than a lot. Between hosting parties here in the China Club and some "other" events that took place on the team charter to various cities, the man's reputation proceeds him. This has been highlighted many times on his hit talk show Behind the Velvet Rope. While not an award winning show it does have a bit of a cult following. Interviewing players from around the league has been his forte , he always has plenty of eye candy around to enhance the background and almost always pulls the ladies into the set by shows end.

Rick is loud and boisterous. He likes to yell. He likes to use four letter words the way normal people drink water. Does he care? No not in the least. The charity and fan events hosted by him do not make up for the times he's yelled obscenities at Cody Black. Rick has always been out to have fun, usually poking at a teammate here or there, but never hurtful. He likes to setup everyone around him with drinks, or "candy" of all kinds :D . You know where you are if Rick James is in the building. You are in the party of the year, no doubt about it.

Now we will review the stats for the winger:

In his rookie campaign (S25) , he posted 50 ga 5g 11a 16p with a +2 50pim 105 hits
S26 read like this, 50ga 9g 20a 29p with a -4 82pims with 150 hits.
S27 50ga 13g 12a 25 p +/-0 61pim with 113 hits.

The scoring numbers inclined slightly each season, ending with a very balanced score in S27. He lead the league in hits in S26 also. A very physical player by nature, he managed to keep the penalty minutes down by the third season, showing some experience and maturity that probably helped him grab the coveted "C" worn by the best.

Rick is coming into the least year of his entry level contract with the Texas Renegades Renegades . He has been slotted to play a fourth line role going into training camp, to help further build and gain some playing time with the big names on the roster. At the time of this posting, he will head into preseason games with around 425-430 TPE.

Rick was also recently selected to play on Team USA in the S27 IIHF World Championships where they won a Bronze medal. He put up a goal and assist over the length of the tournament from a left wing spot on the fourth line.

At this time Rick will now say a few words and take questions from the media !

Good afternoon and welcome to the Ch ch ch ch China Club ! I'd like to talk about my junior career first, and then we can get down to some questions. First of all thank you all for coming today, there's a drink waiting for you at the bar. Get the drinks Goin back there n***a!. Now that is all settled. I want to tell everyone in Vancouver what a fabulous time I had there and how much they treated me like one of there own, and it wasn't just because of my bitches :lol: ! Everybody loved to party with the ole boy and it made life so much easier for me. They even let me have a tv show. Can you believe that? I have met so many people and teammates that I will never forget. I think I'll plan to spend summers here so we can keep the party goin ! Thank you to the city , the team, and everyone who let me run wild and do the things that Rick James is so good at, I'll never forget you.

Now! Let's get to the part I know you really want and ask me some motha fuckin questions! Bring it n***a !

Interview What comes first? Texas winning a cup or your heart giving out from all the drugs?
That's too easy. Texas wins the cup. They make body parts now, my heart is good to go for decades more n***a ! Renegades on the way to the trophy table. Get used to it. It's about to get real hah hah !

Interview Any thoughts on who will take over as Captain in Vancouver?
Right now I'd say it's a toss up between MVP and Bernie Sanders. I've only met one of the new players, but I'd be happy to give pointers. I still check in with them daily so I know a little about what's going on there. (edit, 701 would also make a good captain.)

Interview Does the China Club move cities or do you just fly that much?
The China Club is wherever you make it my man! Actually we have several locations being built. You know I just opened my restaurant and it's goin big. Things are nice right now. Yes you can come back into the China Club now. I told security it was fine. Act right or you're out . Bitch :lol:

Are there any more questions for Rick? Mr. James is a busy man!

At this time I'm going to close it down since you mother fuckas ain't askin questions. Goodbye SMJHL, it's been fun. Rick James out !

*Ready for Grading*

What comes first? Texas winning a cup or your heart giving out from all the drugs?
Any thoughts on who will take over as Captain in Vancouver?
Does the China Club move cities or do you just fly that much?

[Image: SS19INy.jpg]

[Image: d9J5DHT.png]  [Image: 16PgOBm.png]