Create Account

Bennett Jones Trade Presser

Code:
Ready for grading

Quote:What are you most looking forward to on the Militia?

Obviously Montreal is having a really great season. I’m hoping I can come in and contribute to some more wins and make a run at the cup with the Militia. I’m also very excited to see pictures of Bojo’s cat.

Quote:What are you going to be saddest to leave about the Firebirds?

My teammates. I’ve grown a lot with Prince George, and the Prince George locker room was the first place on the site that I felt like I was a part of something. That team will always have an important place in my heart and I hope to keep up with the folks I played with there, they are definitely what I will miss the most.

Quote:Ready to take a championsip of the championship cup?

<object width="460" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/watch?v=0KCWqnldEag&feature=youtu.be&t=1m37s"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/watch?v=0KCWqnldEag&feature=youtu.be&t=1m37s" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="460" height="315"></embed></object>

Quote:did you know any militia before the trade?

I know Eggy from the New England locker room, and I played a pretty significant role in bringing mculloughgulch to the site, so they won’t quite all be strange new faces in the Militia locker room.

Quote:now that you're free, tell us how horrible of a person mac and tngo really are.

Mac and TNGO have been nothing but awesome to me. I know you’re joking but :-x two of the best dudes I’ve met on the site.

Quote: :(

I know bud, me too.

Quote:Who or what will you miss the most about PGF?

I addressed this earlier, but I will also miss the Firebirds logo because it’s baller and Montreal’s, well… Wink

Quote:Would you have rather gone to a team with less depth so you can be a go to player?

I’ve been the go-to in Prince George. Last season, leading the team in points as a rookie was really exciting, and it was awesome to feel like I was having a significant positive impact. This season has been a little harder. My production hasn’t been where I would like it to be, and when I’m playing that important of a role on the team it’s hard not to feel like I’m letting them down. So while I definitely do want to have an impact on whatever team I play on, I don’t necessarily feel the need to be the go-to player. I’m on the top line in Montreal, hopefully I can produce a little better, and I’m happy with that Smile

Quote:What does this trade mean for Montreal?

Hopefully it means the final piece slotting into place on a team bound to win the cup. There’s no denying that this team is stacked, and when you look at it like that it can be hard to see the addition of one more strong forward as particularly notable. I think the hope for both myself and the Montreal management team is that I can help the team’s regular season success carry through the playoffs.

Quote:Who are you hoping to play with on your new team?

I know there are a couple other Wolfpack prospects in Montreal, both of whom I played on a line with tonight. I’m excited for everyone on the team, but it would be pretty amazing if I could find chemistry with those guys and carry it on in New England in the future.

Quote:Any funny stories you’re willing to share from the Firebirds locker room?

:ph34r: No comment. What happens in the locker room stays in the locker room. I can disclose that there’s an awesome group in there.

Quote:Do you do any pre-game rituals or sacrifices for good luck?

I like to listen to music when I’m getting hyped up for a game, but I try not to keep other things constant. I actually like to listen to music pretty much all the time, but I have a specific pre-game playlist. I had some routines with a former teammate so who knows, maybe I’ll develop some new ones in Montreal!

Quote:I believe with a new addition of Cartier and yourself, Montreal has the cup on lockdown. Tacos or Burritos?

Burritos. I need a soft wrap to contain all that goodness, tacos have too much structure and not enough volume.

Quote:Q: What advice can you give other SMJHL players that might be watching their phones and on the edge of their seat, just in case they too get traded before the deadline?

Just make the most of it. Even if you’re expecting the trade it’s a lot to take in. Enjoy the time you have with your team now, because it’s hard to leave them behind, and if you do get traded, hop right in and make friends in your new locker room.

Quote:Good Luck in Montreal, unless we're playing you of course :D

Thanks Smile Same to you in St. Louis!

Quote:How do you feel about the inevitable first round sweep for Montreal?

I feel great about Montreal inevitably sweeping their opponents in the first round!
In all seriousness though, no outcome is inevitable. From the fight our last place Firebirds put up in last season’s playoffs, I know anything can happen. The Militia need to keep training, find line chemistry with the fresh faces, and hopefully things will slot into place for a deep cup run.

Quote:MOM NO!

:(( please nag your father to bring me updates, I’ll miss you

Quote:bennett will make those burgundy uniforms look good, i believe in his #goodlooks

:-x

Quote:other than your team, what are you going to miss in prince george, and what are you looking forward to in montreal?

I’m going to miss the awesome places around the city that my roomie Kjell and I discovered in our rookie year. I might have to stop back in and visit them when we play Prince George.
Obviously I’m looking forward to team stuff, but I’m also looking forward to (very rarely, if my nutritionist is reading) eating poutine and Montreal bagels.

Quote:How do you like both of the trades from the Militia? Who won each trade?

I like both of these trades a lot. Montreal clearly has had an incredible season and they aren’t afraid to make big moves to cement that momentum as they close out the season and go into the playoffs. They’ve added more power to their offense and to the blue line and I’d be crazy not to like that. I think in each case, both of the teams involved got pieces that will serve them well.

Quote:What are you looking forward to the most in your transition from the SMJHL to the SHL?

With the cap in place, the variation among skill levels in the SMJHL, while still there, is fairly narrow. I’m both hella intimidated and excited to have a chance to play in a league (and on a team) with players who had been around for many seasons before I had even heard of the site. I’ve already bonded a lot with my SHL team, otherwise I would say getting to meet new people. I’m also looking forward to the novelty of being one of the veterans in my juniors locker room. :D

Thank you everyone for your questions, the press conference is now closed!

Firebirds, I miss you already. Militia, can’t wait to get to know you all :-x

Code:
Word count: 1201
:((

What are you most looking forward to on the Militia?

What are you going to be saddest to leave about the Firebirds?

[Image: pb_olli.gif]

Profile | Updates

[Image: vtXGfpR.png]

[Image: N2ANQtw.png]

Ready to take a championsip of the championship cup?

did you know any militia before the trade?

now that you're free, tell us how horrible of a person mac and tngo really are. :D

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

:(

Who or what will you miss the most about PGF?
Would you have rather gone to a team with less depth so you can be a go to player?
What does this trade mean for Montreal?

[Image: SS19INy.jpg]

[Image: d9J5DHT.png]  [Image: 16PgOBm.png]

Do you wish you were on a team with better alumni, say Kelowna or Regina?

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: HFFO.gif]

Who are you hoping to play with on your new team?

Any funny stories your willing to share from the Firebirds locker room?

Do you do any pre-game rituals or scarfices for good luck?

I believe with a new edition of Cartier and yourself, Montreal has the cup on lockdown. Tacos or Burritos?

[Image: vk6rzYl.jpg]

Q: What advise can you give other SMJHL players that might be watching their phones and on the edge of their seat, just in case they too get traded before the deadline?

Good Luck in Montreal, unless we're playing you of course :lol:

Thanks for your questions everyone Smile I'm going to leave this open until tomorrow and then I'll close it up.

How do you feel about the inevitable first round sweep for Montreal?

RIP Mac & 701

MOM NO!

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]

bennett will make those burgundy uniforms look good, i believe in his #goodlooks

other than your team, what are you going to miss in prince george, and what are you looking forward to in montreal?

How do you like both of the trades from the Militia? Who won each trade?

What are you looking forward to the most in your transition from the SMJHL to the SHL?