Create Account

Frans Erichsen Post-Draft Presser

Code:
Ready for grading, 900 words

<div align="center">[Image: 34wpqTr.png]</div>

I'll take some time now to answer some questions about the recent draft and the upcoming season. Before we start, I just want to give a quick shout-out to all my teammates on the Lions at the SMJHL Prospect Tournament. I know we didn't win it all, but we had a good run and I enjoyed playing with all of you. Best of luck to you guys in the future!

<div align="center">----------</div>

Interview How did you feel about the S29 SMJHL Entry Draft? Were you taken where you felt was appropriate?
Honestly I was expecting to be taken a bit sooner, so that was a tad disappointing for me personally. I guess it makes sense considering how new I am to the league, I would say I was relatively unknown up until this point. All that being said though, I'm very happy about being selected by the Scarecrows. There are a lot of really good people over there, and I'm excited to get to know them more as the season goes on. So overall I felt pretty good about the draft.

Interview What are your favorite activities away from the ice rink?
I really like to go hiking, or just any kind of walk really. Another cool thing about going to St. Louis is that I've never been there before, so this gives me a good opportunity to explore somewhere new. Other than that, I enjoy gaming and hitting the gym.

Interview Do you have any pre-game routines?
I put on all my equipment right to left, and do some pre-visualization at the rink before the game, but that's about it. I'm not really a superstitious person.

Interview Any pump up tracks before you hit the ice?
Anything by Daft Punk lately. One More Time is the big one right now.

Interview What are your personal goals for your season with the Scarecrows?
Just to continue to work on my game and improve. I have a great opportunity with this team and it's on me to make the most of it and play to the best of my ability. I don't really want to put a number on things as I feel like I'll focus too much on that and less on the way I'm playing. As long as I make a meaningful contribution to the team I'll be happy.

Interview What's your first impressions of the Scarecrows?
It's very good! They've been very welcoming and helpful so far, and there's no doubt that that will continue into the season. I can't thank them enough for taking a chance on me, and I can't wait to prove to them that they made the right choice.

Interview What do you feel the Scarecrows can accomplish this season?
I think the sky is the limit for us. Even before the draft St. Louis was filled with a lot of young, talented players, so now with myself, Kelly Rivet, and Darryl Landry all coming in, I think we can have a very successful season. It's very exciting to be a part of.

Interview What do you bring to the teams locker room?
Well right now I'm kind of just feeling it out, but once I get more used to the guys I would imagine I'll be more active. Joining a new team always takes a little bit of time to get used to, for me at least.

Interview The Scarecrows have generated some top end talent for the SHL (past draft had 2 top 6 picks), will you be the next? If so, why?
I would like to think so, yes. I'm a very dedicated person, and I think that training is very important as a player in this league. It would be an honor to join the list of successful Scarecrows players.

Interview What type of player can we expect on the ice when you lace them up this season?
I'm trying to be an all-around player that can play in any situation. Lately I've been working on my scoring and my endurance the most, and I'm looking to start becoming more defensively aware as well. I want to be a big time contributor to this team.

Interview Has your first taste of draft day made you more excited for the big league draft next season?
Well on one hand, yes, getting into the SHL is my main goal, so knowing that it's so soon is very exciting. But on the other hand, I'm mainly focused on the upcoming season, so it's honestly in the back of my mind right now. I'm sure as the end of the playoffs near I'll be much more hyped up for it!

Interview What were your impressions of St. Louis before being drafted there?
Well I knew that there were a number of their players drafted high overall in the SHL draft this year, and I knew a bit of their general history in regards to winning championships, but other than that I honestly didn't know to much. It's been great being here and learning more about the team.

Interview This St. Louis side is certainly the strongest I've seen since joining the SHL. How exciting is it to be a part of a team that's ready to be a real contender once again?
Very, very exciting. Unbelievable to be stepping into such a talented team right off the bat. I can't wait to start the season and see how far we go!

<div align="center">----------</div>

Thanks for the questions everyone! Go Scarecrows Go!

Interview How did you feel about the S29 SMJHL Entry Draft? Were you taken where you felt was appropriate?

Interview What are your favorite activities away from the ice rink?

Interview Do you have any pre-game routines?

Interview Any pump up tracks before you hit the ice?

Interview What are your personal goals for your season with the Scarecrows?

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]

- What's your first impressions of the Scarecrows?

- What do you feel the Scarecrows can accomplish this season?

- What do you bring to the teams locker room?

- The Scarecrows have generated some top end talent for the SHL (past draft had 2 top 6 picks), will you be the next? If so, why?

- What type of player can we expect on the ice when you lace them up this season?

Has your first taste of draft day made you more excited for the big league draft next season?

What were your impressions of St. Louis before being drafted there?

This St. Louis side is certainly the strongest I've seen since joining the SHL. How exciting is it to be a part of a team that's ready to be a real contender once again?

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

Thanks for the questions, guys!