Create Account

More GM's Thoughts

Words: 964
It's a bit late

<div align="center">[Image: jE6LV45.png]</div>

With both the draft and preseason concluding, the most agreed about draftee taken first overall was Isak Ødegård. There were many great prospects taken in the draft. This draft was also one the deepest in recent years. The Scarecrows just obliterated all competition, they finished 22-5-3. But hey! Preseason doesn't mean much. We will see if they can repeat those results in the times it matters such as the season and playoffs. So, we are going to ask a few general managers questions regarding the upcoming season.

<div align="center">[Image: 2efkc9h.png]</div>

First we talk with NYRangers3061, the General Manager of the Halifax Raiders. Halifax had the number 2 overall pick, and with that, they selected Lukas Müller. Halifax had a load of picks going deep into the draft. In the coming seasons, they could be at the top of the league. Alright, let's start.

Which player do you think will make the biggest improvement this year?
I think Jordin FourFour Jr.'s stats will improve a lot. He's had time to grow, and by mid-season, there'll hopefully be a strong team in front of him.

Who is going to be the biggest loss for your team?
Probably Niklas Flower. He aged out, so he's now ineligible for the SMJHL. He's the Raiders second leading point scorer of all time and lead the team in points last season.

What are your teams goals for the season?
We want to improve upon our poor performance last year. Mostly, we need to help the rookies grow and get accustomed to the league.

Which prospect are you most excited for?
My conversations with Lukas Miller were great and we have a lot of trust in him (which is why we chose him second overall), so I'm excited to see what he can do!

<div align="center">[Image: pG62e95.png]</div>

Next is Grapehead. Grapehead is a General Manager of the Montreal Militia. Montreal had selected number 5. They took Luisa Koller with that. Montreal did not have a load of picks, but with how they're playing, there is almost no need.

Elias Lindstrom is going to be a stellar season, and I think we'll see him chasing the scoring title. Last season he was stuck behind Tim Elliot, who occupied the first line goal scoring spot. With the departure of Elliot, Lindstrom has an incredible opportunity to take the first line job and run with it. Some people have questioned Elias' dedication, but there's never been any doubt in the Militia locker room. We've always known that he was capable of leading this team in scoring, and also leading the league in scoring as well.

Well we only lost Tim Elliot to call-up, and then a few minor free agents who have been replaced by rookies. Nobody can replace the kind of key goal scoring Elliot brought us, but as a team we can easily work together to cover the loss. We think Lindstrom is going to take Elliot's spot and really thrive. What hurts us more is losing Elliot's leadership. He was an alternate captain on the team, and a vocal member of the locker room.

There's only one goal in this game, and that is the championship. We are still carrying the same core of players from our Four Star Cup win two seasons ago, and we've filled our major areas of concern. We've brought in defensemen who have a much higher ceiling than some of the free agents we've had in the past. The leaders of this team have already been there, and won it all. They know what it takes to string together those twelve wins to raise the cup at the end. For many of them this will be their last season in the SMJHL. You can bet they want to finish on top.

We're thrilled about the stability that Luisa Koller brings to our blueline. Last season we felt the loss of Adam Kaiser and Jack Dodds; it was something that haunted us all season. We added Jack Hansen, and without him we may not have even made the playoffs. Even with him though the supporting cast on D just wasn't enough. So Luisa will come in and partner up with Hansen, most likely on the top pair, and that let's Strathairn and McDonald move down the linup and help the bottom pairs. Alfredsson is going to be a beast after he puts in some work at the gym, but for now the hype is all surrounding Luisa. That's why we used that 5th overall pick on her without any hesitation.

<div align="center">[Image: 10yfkgy.png]</div>

And lastly, we have General Manager, TML99. TML99 is the GM of the St. Louis Scarecrows. STL grasped Tigole Bitties with their 7th overall pick. St. Louis has been muy fuego during the preseason, as they eradicated their competition.

I think Chuck Goody Jr is going to make the biggest improvement this season hes ready to breakout and knock some fools on their asses

I think Buffalo calling up Walker and Vorkämpfer is going to be the biggest loss this season

WIN IT ALL

I'm really excited to see Seth Paige lace them up for the crows his manager Satan has a deep history with St. Louis

On the next edition of GM's Thoughts, we will ask even more general managers their thoughts on the seasons half way point or so.

+1 Cheers

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

Quote:Originally posted by Raging_Russian@Jun 16 2017, 01:32 AM

[b]Which prospect are you most excited for?

I'm really excited to see Seth Paige lace them up for the crows his manager Satan has a deep history with St. Louis
[/b]

:wub: too bad I'm a scrub tho