Create Account

Louie Garrett Post Season Interview

Code:
Ready to be graded. Word count 1502

With the St. Louis Scarecrows being eliminated from the 4 Star Cup Playoffs by the Colorado Mammoths, the offseason begins for the boys from Missouri. It’s this time of the year that we like to grab interviews with members of the team to get their feelings on how the season went and what we can expect from them in the future. Today, we were lucky enough to run into the Captain of the Scarecrows, Louie Garrett, as he was cleaning out his locker for the ensuing offseason. He was willing to answer a few questions for us, here is the transcript of our conversation.

Interview Reporter: Hi Louie, how are you doing this afternoon? We were wondering if you had any time to answer some questions for us?

Scarecrows Garrett: Hey, I’m doing well and sure go ahead. I have as much time as you need.

Interview Reporter: Thank you. So first of all, I would like to talk about the regular season. The Scarecrows as a whole did well. How do you personally feel things went for the team and yourself?

Scarecrows Garrett: Yeah, well as a team we really took care of business in the regular season. We took home our second Laurifer Trophy in the last two years so we really did everything we needed to as a team. I am always tough on myself though. I don’t think that I did enough this season to help guarantee the success of the team. We really relied on the scoring prowess of the top line, but they were good enough to carry us to the top of the standings.

Interview Reporter: Obviously the playoffs didn’t go as you expected. What do you think you needed to do differently to have triumphed in the series against Colorado?

Scarecrows Garrett: Well, yeah things didn’t go as planned. We shouldn’t have let them jump out in front early on in the series, but I think we were just rusty after the first round bye. We were able to force a game 7 in the series. To be perfectly honest, we outplayed the Mammoths in that game but Aleksandrov played the game of a lifetime. We put up 55 shots on them and Wagner was doing his job too. Just one of those games where luck wasn’t on our side.

Interview Reporter: And how do you think you did in the playoffs?

Scarecrows Garrett: Same situation as the regular season. I needed to do more plain and simple. I just didn’t do enough to push the team over the edge. Other people stepped up in the regular season and other people did it in the playoffs. It was my job to step at some point and I was just never really able to get it going. I blame myself for our lack of success this season. There were a lot of guys who stayed down this season to win the 4 Star Cup and there’s a pretty big part of me that feels like I let them down.

Interview Reporter: So you rooting for anyone in the finals?

Scarecrows Garrett: Well I wish I could be rooting for the Scarecrows. I obviously have some friends on both squads, but to be perfectly honest, I’m pulling for the Whalers in this one. They have jumped out to an early series lead and I think they are going to pull it off. They had an incredible season and are definitely deserving of winning the cup.

Interview Reporter: We heard a rumor that earlier in the year you were definitely going to be spending a third year in the SMJHL, but your situation might not be so certain anymore. Any truth to that rumor?

Scarecrows Garrett: Earlier in the season I was told that I would be spending a third in the SMJHL, yes however, more recently the General Managers of the Riot have tossed around the idea of calling me up for this next season. Both the general managers of the Scarecrows and Riot want me to play on their squads so it looks like I have a decision to make.

Interview Reporter: Speaking of the Riot, your General Manager has been making some adjustments to the roster that other members of the hockey community view as questionable. Do you have any thoughts on the direction that the organization is heading?

Scarecrows Garrett: The General Managers of the Riot have been nothing but excellent to me personally. They ensure the team regularly that there is a method to their madness and that we will just have to wait to see how things turn out. As things stand right now, we don’t have a first round pick in this upcoming draft, but we have a couple of second round picks and with how large this class is we are still bound to get a couple of stud prospects. I’m definitely excited to be adding some new blood to the organization and hopefully they are excited about building hockey in the city of Seattle.

Interview Reporter: You mention the rookies and the upcoming draft. How do you think the St. Louis rookies will fare in the draft?

Scarecrows Garrett: The Scarecrow rookies have been absolutely fantastic this season and I think quite a few of them have made impacts on General Managers of the SHL. Guys like Roman Augustus and Tigole Bitties are definitely in the conversation for the first round. Seth Paige, Finn Jakobsen, Teddy Cuddles, and Joseph Lombardi might go a little bit later but they would all be excellent pickups for any team. Honestly, I expect all of these guys to come back to St. Louis this next season and kick butt. I can’t wait to see what they are capable of.

Interview Reporter: So now that it is the offseason for you guys, do you have any big plans while you wait for things to get started again?

Scarecrows Garrett: I might watch the rest of the finals and the games in the SHL playoffs. The series especially between the Calgary Dragons and Portland Admirals has been a lot of fun and I can’t wait to see how it turns out. Other than that, I’m just going to be relaxing. I might go take a trip out to California. Who knows what trouble I might get into. Honestly, I’m just ready for some rest and relaxation. This was a long season and I’m going to need a recharge before the next one starts.

Interview Reporter: If you stay down in the SMJHL for this upcoming season, how do you think the Scarecrows will look in terms of success?

Scarecrows Garrett: Well, to be perfectly honest, the last two seasons were our real big opportunities to win the cup and we weren’t able to do it. We are losing a lot of talent for this upcoming season. Talent that isn’t easy at all to replace. That being said, I mentioned our rookies earlier. I think that they will be stepping up big time this next season. A lot of them were playing on a tiny amount of minutes, but they will definitely get the opportunity to play this next season and everyone will really be able to see what they are capable of. We probably won’t be considered one of the cup favorites next season, but I think we will be able to qualify for the playoffs and that is all that matters, the Mammoths are proving that this season.

Interview Reporter: Finally, we caught wind that this became a hot issue amongst the rookies in the SMJHL this season and we were wondering if we could get your thoughts about it. Is a hotdog a sandwich?

Scarecrows Garrett: You know, I’m firmly in the camp that everyone is entitled to their own opinion about this situation. That being said, I think a hotdog is a hotdog and not a sandwich. I heard that there were quite a few of the rookies who disagree with this opinion, but I don’t really see how it could be viewed as a sandwich.

Reporter: Well, thank you for making time to speak with us and good luck next season with whatever team you may be playing for.

Scarecrows Garrett: Thanks a lot.

So that is what we were able to get out of the Captain, Louie Garrett. Obviously disappointed with how the season turned out for the Scarecrows but he is definitely still optimistic about the future. He also implied that he believes that the Seattle Riot have more of a plan than a lot of people believe. He also told us that he looks forward to being at the upcoming SHL and SMJHL drafts where he will be welcoming the new era of Scarecrows and Riot members into their respective leagues. Finally, we got confirmation here tonight that hotdogs are in fact NOT sandwiches. We look forward to having more interviews with Louie Garrett in the future and wish him luck in his decision on whether to play one more season in the SMJHL or move up to the big leagues with the Seattle Riot. Until next time, signing off.

RenegadesUsaRenegadesUsaRenegadesUsaRenegadesUsaRenegadesUsa
[Image: GkHz3HI.png]

[Image: T8nB5Dn.png][Image: KXZ8h4k.png]

Quote:Originally posted by dizzyDC@Jul 22 2017, 11:03 PM
That being said, I think a hotdog is a hotdog and not a sandwich. I heard that there were quite a few of the rookies who disagree with this opinion, but I don’t really see how it could be viewed as a sandwich.
Well, guess that's the end of that friendship

Great article, bud.

[Image: MvfRxO2.png]
sigs by me bitch

Good stuff Dizzy, pleasure being a teammate of yours, we've had some fun times these past couple of seasons. I'll see you up in the big leagues Cheers

[Image: Crossfit.gif]

[Image: CFJ1.gif]

Thanks to prettyburn, TML, Carpy, JNH, Jepox, Engi, Karey, Flappy, Skolpadder, Mook, DollarAndADream, Smirnov and Toe for the sigs.

Code:
Crossfit's First Career SHL Goal, 4. Manhattan Rage , Crossfit Jesus 1 (Pedro Sarantez, Nucky Toohoots) at 5:51

Code:
Devitt's First Career SHL Goal, 5. Calgary Dragons , Prince Devitt 1 (Barry Batsbak 21, Mike Izzy 14) at 10:43

Quote:Originally posted by dizzyDC@Jul 23 2017, 12:03 AM
I think a hotdog is a hotdog and not a sandwich.

whew thank god captains only last one season Scarecrows
Other than that, good read! Popcorn