Create Account

A change needed to media grading

Quote:Originally posted by ToeDragon84@Aug 17 2017, 05:51 PM

I like balloons

Words of wisdom my friend, words of wisdom. Cheers

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]

Quote:Originally posted by formx@Aug 17 2017, 06:14 PM

nah I don't take that personally. What I do take personally is your snide comments towards my childhood and the parenting of my parents.

Not comments in terms of any inside information on my part. I do not pretend to hold such knowledge. Simply conjecture and speculation in search of a deeper truth. I am trying to get to the core you. To explore your past experiences so we may together come to a more wholistic view of Formx and what makes him tick.

Let us work towards understanding and healing so that, in future, when a similar situation arises you may not have to feel threatened or defensive, but can instead embrace constructively what is on offer. By understanding your past we can understand your present and, perhaps, even build you a better future.

Slappy is all about love, healing and wisdom after all.

[Image: wise_old_man_by_poeheej-d2ynanw.jpg]

Quote:Originally posted by Allen@Aug 17 2017, 06:52 PM
enigmatic was a reach at 4OA in S25
tag me if you're gonna talk shit you pussy

[Image: Oqsvuu4.png]
FranceCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersFrance

Just want to say that i really dont think it makes a big differance what the amounts are that you decide for posts that dont fit the media criteria. Even if its a small amount that would be fine...I just think that flat out rejecting posts sets a bad example. I didnt post my article because i need the SHL money... Izzy and the media are very friendly and i can run out allot of articles if i need the cash. I through this in here cause i want to help the league. Lets just come up with an amount and throw it into law and tie up this loose end eh. B)

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

Quote:Originally posted by Coach Biz@Aug 17 2017, 09:05 PM
Just want to say that i really dont think it makes a big differance what the amounts are that you decide for posts that dont fit the media criteria. Even if its a small amount that would be fine...I just think that flat out rejecting posts sets a bad example. I didnt post my article because i need the SHL money... Izzy and the media are very friendly and i can run out allot of articles if i need the cash. I through this in here cause i want to help the league. Lets just come up with an amount and throw it into law and tie up this loose end eh.  B)

I know a lot of people looked at that particular piece. I know a lot of people though it was very enjoyable and funny. I know a lot of people commented on it. I know it was creative and original.

What exactly is this media for money system we have in place for, if not to generate interest, dialogue and activity overall?

Okay so I decided to give my own thoughts on this since I decided to read this after I came home. This is coming from a former media grader from the last grading rubric so... :unsure:

I don't think the media team should be thinking of making a separate grading rubric on solely graphic media as there are only 2 people that have actually done it with completely different grades of quality. No offense to Izzy's article which I thought was cute and hilarious, Langabeer's was this super awesome magazine for the SHL which had word count, graphics, and was designed to specifically resemble a sports magazine. Izzy's was frankly multiple stock images piled on one another to give a narrative.

I don't think it makes sense to take the time to make a rubric to "fairly" judge them to give appropriate pay for their creativity and such, if the media graders start receiving more varying cases of solely graphic media, then perhaps I think it makes sense to start thinking of a separate rubric but for now... no.

In terms of giving bonuses for creativity and original ideas...Langabeer hits the mark for how unique that idea really was. Izzy's was unique too... just not in a way that I would have given anymore than 250k for creativity and originality. I would have given his franchise net worth article a larger bonus on originality and creativity on top of a bonus for the work needed to make an article of that sort.

Quote:Took the same amount of time as a decent article..had graphics of a sort.. maybe 1.5 million?
time does not equal quality. Just because it may have taken the same amount of time as a decent article and had graphics does not mean it should be given a payout equal to a decent article. I'm not hating on what you decided upon but that's just my thought on it

[Image: ne80va.png]
[Image: cynthia.png]

Thanks to Enigmatic and Crutch for the beautiful signatures
[Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png]