Create Account

Fighting the Hangover with McLovin vol. 6 Goodbye to the SMJHL

So I've been AWOL for a minute, but I finally have a second to write to you people, you beautiful people. So I've gotta ask, how the hell have you been? I've been busy with personal life stuff, and things, you all know how that goes. But in the midst of the World Juniors, I've gotta say, I'm extremely excited for next season.

Next season will be my first in the Simulation Hockey League. No more juniors. Your boy is GROWN. I'm ready to be a rookie again. I'm ready to be a Minnesota Chief. I'm ready to don that gorgeous green. I'm ready to try and win a cup, and what better franchise to try and accomplish that with? Minnesota, and the lovely players in that locker room, have been a huge help to my development since I'm still pretty new to all of this. Being as loyal as I am, I am very excited to give my all for these guys. I'm joining a pretty good squad and I hope to keep it an even better squad. I'm excited to be back in the homeland of the United States of America, even though Anchorage and Detroit are part of this country, but, are they? All jokes aside, I enjoyed my time with both franchises, and I appreciate both of them giving me the opportunities they gave to me.

So to the Anchorage Armada, the team that picked me up and gave me my first chance, I bid you one final goodbye. Detroit, I know our affair was shorter than we would have hoped, and it's not you, it's me. I've grown as a player, I'm ready to make that next step. I know you'll understand.

On the subject of the World Juniors, I did not have a good round robin run. Thank god every team makes it to the playoffs. We did beat Czechoslovakia (spellcheck?) and we're off to the Semi-Finals for the 3rd time in 4 years. I look forward to Latvia, hopefully I can still help this team, I'm keeping my head up boys but thank you for picking up the slack!

Minnesota, I'm coming for you. I can finally play the game I signed up to play. I have a nice long 7 month trial with this league, and it's time now to play the real deal. Let's do this!

Hangover Tip
Let your boss buy that round of drinks, he's the one with the corporate card.

438 words.

[Image: tumblr_msqiv2SUIk1rey868o1_500.gif]

FalconsChiefsUsa