Create Account

Voloshin retracts draft list
(This post was last modified: 12-17-2018, 08:41 PM by InciteHysteria.)

[Image: cut.jpg]

Voloshin retracts draft list

After much debate and self-discovery, Colorado Raptors forward Konstantin Voloshin has decided to retract his limited draft list and go headfirst into any situation he finds himself in with the upcoming SHL draft. Manager of Voloshin is former Los Angeles Panthers goaltender Timo Haas, and with the news coming out concerning the young Ukrainian prospect, has come out with some insight towards Voloshin’s reasoning, his staying power in the SHL, his motivation, and most importantly, for many General Managers, the issues with SHL longevity for Haas and his previous client Luuk Kraaijkamp and if Voloshin could face the same issues. When asked to expand on these subjects we were given the following statement by Haas.

“With great excitement I am able to announce that my client, Konstantin Voloshin, has decided to expand his draft list to include all teams in the SHL. His motivations for doing so were spearheaded by an attempt to not seem like a selfish player. Voloshin has come into his young career hoping to be an important part of every squad that he plays on but to not demand too much. His initial decision to limit teams he’d sign with began with a want to play on teams with people he already knew and thought would be a pleasant experience, but given time to think about this Konstantin has decided that it was a selfish move and one that was wrong. While he still thinks he’d fit well on certain teams, Voloshin is now open to signing with any team long term as long as he feels like a wanted part of that squad.

As for the motivation and longevity of my client in SHL, I believe that he is even more motivated than I was when I first entered the SHL. His dedication to getting better and being a major player for any team is among the best in his class. He feels that anyone that would take a chance on him would not regret it in the long or short. Many critics have said that due to my shorter career, and the early retirement of my previous client, that Voloshin will fade out earlier than others in his class. This a fallacy. In retrospect I am passing much of my experience with an early retirement onto Konstantin and his interactions with Luuk Kraaijkamp have only strengthened the resolve of Voloshin.

Speaking to my experience retiring early and how it was one of extreme regret. I, Timo Haas, wish I could have stuck around a few more seasons in the SHL, but sometimes you feel like you need to get out and then you feel remorseful about the decisions you made and how they impacted others. I felt pressure to get out while near the top, I felt like it was time to move on. I was wrong, but you can’t go back on those decisions. You can only learn and pass it on to others. Kraaijkamp felt that even earlier than me. He said he felt pressured into playing hockey and that he had so much more he could do outside of the game. So I told him to pursue that. But talking to Voloshin, this is where he wanrts to be and he is motivated to be the best. He came into the league on his own terms, with his own goals, and I feel that will result in a long and successful career for the kid.

He will be a steal wherever he is drafted and any team that takes a chance will love him on the team and in the locker room. He’s a very funloving and open kid. Don’t second guess him due to past experience of other players."

[Image: 3GSD0dd.gif]
[Image: m1IMt5k.gif]