Create Account

Anaheim Soaring

Going into the season the expectations for the Anaheim Outlaws were pretty low. However, with a fairly solid returning class, minus the call up of Derek Bohne. Anaheim was looking towards this year’s draft to fulfill some needs. They needed another center, a scoring winger, and another puck moving Defensemen. They addressed all of these needs with the additions of Corey Kennedy, Seemu Telanne, Martin Westbroek, Gunnar Petrov, Slap McShotty, and Gustav Steen. All of these rookies have been able to contribute in some form or another. Telanne has been a scoring and power play phenom in his young rookie season, as he is second in rookie points and tied for first in rookie power play points. The only rookie who has done better in these two categories is the Halifax forward Joseph Laraque. Telanne also leads all rookies with a crazy high 24.14% shooting percentage; that’s good enough for second in the entire SMJHL. Anaheims rookie defensemen started the season off strong in the points category but have definitely fallen off that pace as of late. This isn’t to say they are not contributing as Kennedy leads all rookies in the plus/minus category with a plus 7 statistic, good enough for 9th in the SMJHL, also leading the Outlaws in this category. Slap McShotty and Martjin Westbroek are playing a strong defensive game as the second- and third-line centers. McShotty, winning 57.07% of his faceoff and Westbroek over 51%.

The rookie class is being taught and helped by an experienced group of second year players. I’ve talked about this before, but it should be mentioned again, Anaheim is extremely young, which is helping them gel and giving a little bit of inflated rookie numbers, as they get more ice time. The second year players here are led by Hiro Fujikawa, Collin Gibbles, Mathias Seger, and Jerry Mander. These four players lead the way in points for the Outlaws. Mathias Seger is having a breakout year, already matching his point total last year, this early in the season. He is second in Defensive scoring and sharing a Defensive pairing with young Corey Kennedy. Mathias Seger also leads the league in penalty minutes, so his defensive positioning has been a bit off sometimes. This hasn’t mattered to much as the Outlaws are in second overall for their penalty kill. Both Gibbles and Fujikawa are in the top 10 total point getters this year. Helping Anaheim be in the top 3rd for points, assists, and goals.

As a team so far, Anaheim has been in the top for some statistic and around the middle for some. They have been pretty awful in the overtime period and shootout. They have gone to overtime 6 times and only winning 2 of these. They went 1-4 in the shootout and 1-1 in games decided on overtime. For a team that goes into overtime more than any other team in the SMJHL this numbers will need to improve as the rest of the season progresses. The good news for Anaheim here is that even with their lackluster performance in the extra frame they are still in the top half of the league in Wins. This has allowed Anaheim to sit 2nd in the league overall currently.  Going into the rest of the season Anaheim is going to look on building on their core foundation and hopefully be able to keep up the pace that they’ve started on. Things are definitely looking up here in Southern California!

Outlaws Outlaws Outlaws Outlaws

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]

I'm not leading the league in penalty minutes. Not sure, where you've got that from.

Otherwise, great round up. Let's go, Outlaws! Outlaws

[Image: outlaws2.png]  [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]  Mathias Seger #15 | Player page | Update page [Image: outlaws2.png] [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]
[Image: Segi.gif] 
Sigs by Donini, RainDelay, Fever and OrbitingDeath

03-07-2019, 07:03 PMSegi Wrote: I'm not leading the league in penalty minutes. Not sure, where you've got that from.

Whoops I meant to say the Outlaws... My bad!

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]

03-07-2019, 07:05 PMSDCore Wrote:
03-07-2019, 07:03 PMSegi Wrote: I'm not leading the league in penalty minutes. Not sure, where you've got that from.

Whoops I meant to say the Outlaws... My bad!

That makes more sense. Don't worry about it. Wink

[Image: outlaws2.png]  [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]  Mathias Seger #15 | Player page | Update page [Image: outlaws2.png] [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]
[Image: Segi.gif] 
Sigs by Donini, RainDelay, Fever and OrbitingDeath

Lookin good guys Outlaws

Outlaws Ridin Deep Outlaws

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

Yay

[Image: ThdtxoF.png]

|| Fujikawa Player Page || Update Page ||