Create Account

S49 Top Winger Profiles

S49 SHL Draft Top Winger Prospects (2111 Words, Draft Day 2x Media, Research Etc.)

LarksTongue back at you with my seasonal draft day media. Another season gone and another group of young kids making their way onto the big stage. Here are the top 4 left and right wingers by TPE available in the upcoming draft. Usually I use luketd’s data sheet but life has gotten busy for him it seems so I went through them myself. My apologies if I missed someone higher. Usually I choose the top 3 but since two gms were in this list I decided to do the top 4, and there are some great names in this bunch.

Left Wingers:

1. Anthony Archer - Outlaws - 299 TPE

At first I missed this player when adding up the best left wingers. But leading all left wingers in TPE is; Anthony Archer. A right handed shot, Archer played for the Outlaws and was born in Canada. Despite preferring the left side, Archer played 3rd line right wing for the Outlaws with some time on the 2nd power play unit. Archer averaged about 12.5 minutes a game and grabbed a decent 19 points and 12 goals. This total ties Archer for 8th among rookies in S48. What strikes me is half of Archers goals were important goals; Archer grabbed 4 GWG and 2 game tying goals! Definition of clutch. Archer also came 8th in shooting percentage with 16.44%. Also interesting is how Archer blocked 11 shots in his limited ice time and is also not scared to throw a hit with 52 hits. During the Outlaws Four Star Cup run, Archer maintained his poised play with 8 Points and 5 goals in 18 games. Archer went +7 and led his team in hits during the postseason with 40. 
    Archer is a 6 foot 2, 182 pound power forward with strengths in; Checking, Skating, and Scoring. Archer has a very unique build with a weakness in passing. @Zach is a newer user from May, and has already written a few media articles using the 2x bonus. The definition of a wild card pick. Lots of users think power forwards are a role of the past. I still want to see someone prove them wrong. High Risk, High Reward. 

2. Ricky Spanish - raiders - 275 TPE

Next up among the S49 draftees is the natural left-handed winger; Ricky Spanish. Hailing from parts unknown, Spanish played for the Halifax Raiders who had a disappointing season but a deep playoff run. By the end of the season Spanish played 2nd line left wing and averaged 15.68 minutes a game with minimal special teams time. With only 11 Power play minutes Spanish got 2 assists. Spanish is known for his dazzling passing skills which might serve best on the power play. Spanish finished the season with 18 points which ties him for 10th in rookie scoring, but like many rookies in the SMJHL Spanish had a low +/- of -14. During the Raiders run from wild card to conference finals, Spanish took on more responsibility playing 21 minutes a game but kept up his production with 6 points in 16 playoff games. 
    Spanish is a 6 foot 4, 230 pound playmaking forward with strengths in; Passing, Defense, and Strength. Spanish is weak in checking. @Whikadoodle is a long time user from 2014 who recently retired the defenseman; Chippy Chiclets who hit 1000 TPE. With 66 million in the bank, Spanish will develop into an elite playmaker with a head start of 84 passing to boot and should be in the top 5 running.

3. Khabib Nurmagomedov - Falcons - 263 TPE

Next up we have the right handed Khabib Nurmagomedov. Nurmagomedov was born in Russia and played for the Detroit Falcons who had a great season coming 3rd in the league. Nurmagomedov played 3rd line left wing with only about 10 minutes of ice time a game. Nurmagomedov grabbed a respectable 15 points and 10 goals in the limited ice time. Of those 10 goals, 2 were game winners and one was a game tying goal. Nurmagomedov was a very fine shooter with a 21 shooting percentage, stayed positive going +1 and blocked 4 shots. It will be interesting to see how Nurmagomedov plays with more minutes. The Falcons got the bye during the playoffs and lost in seven games to the Armada. During which Nurmagomedov still played 3rd line. In the playoffs his shooting percentage regressed leading to only 1 goal in the 7 games.
    Nurmagomedov is a 6 foot 2, 210 pound offensive forward with strengths in Scoring, Puck Handling, and defense. Like most forwards Nurmagomedov choose checking as his weakness. @khabib is a newer user from June. Still active, and regularly creating graphics khabib has built up a nice bank. A definitive sleeper pick. 

4. Jagger Fouquette - Falcons - 258 TPE

Closely trailing Nurmagomedov is the Falcons other S49 left winger; Jagger Fouquette. Fouquette (what a name) was born in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan but represents Russia internationally. Fouquette a left handed player and played 2nd line right wing for the Falcons by the end of the season. Fouquette led his fellow Falcon rookies with 32 points and 16 goals which was good for 2nd in points among all rookies only behind Hugh Jazz. With a P/20 of 0.76 and 3 game winning goals, Fouquette is in the running for rookie of the year. Fouquette averaged almost 17 minutes a game and played on the power play regularly. Fouquette is a shooter with over 100 shots but also reliable defensively with a +9 rating and 8 shots blocked. Like Nurmagomedov, Fouquette was snake bitten during the Falcons playoff series, managing 2 goals in 17 minutes a game. One of those goals was a game winner however.
Fouquette is a 5 foot 6, 150 pound sniper with strengths in; Scoring, Defense, and puck handling. As a smaller player Fouquette is weak in checking. Not much to be said here; @Waters is an SHL GM who retired their most recent player; Vijanupatan Singhand a 1300+ TPE player. Fouquette will be auto drafted to the Steelhawks. Look for Fouquette to be one of the top scorers of the future in the SHL.

Right Wingers:

1. Elijah Jones - Armada - 299 TPE

First up among eligible S49 right wingers in TPE is the Mexican; Elijah Jones. A left handed shot, Jones played for the Armada and played 3rd line right wing. Jones was given some power play time later in the season and averaged about 15.5 minutes a game. Jones managed 14 points and 9 goals which led the rookies on the Armada. Like Anthony Archer Jones is known for his clutch goals with 3 game winners, and 1 game tying goal which ties him for the team lead in important goals with Raphael D'Alcott. Jones is a disciplined player with only 8 penalty minutes, and also had a decent season defensively with only a -3, 6th among Armada players. During the Armada’s run to the conference finals Jones continued to play about 15.5 minutes a game on the 3rd line. Jones grabbed 4 points in the 12 games the Armada played. Jones improved his P/20 in the playoffs from 0.36 to 0.43. It will be interesting to see how Jones does with more responsibility. 
    Jones is a 6 foot, 190 pound offensive forward with strengths in; Scoring, Skating, and Puck Handling. Like many of his fellow draftees checking is Jones’ weakness. @Toivo is an older user from 2016, and is moving on to Jones after retiring Toivo Kosonen a defenseman that reached 1600 TPE. Toivo has 75 million in the bank and could develop into a Franchise player. Although centers, and defesemen might be more valuable to me, Jones is a possible first overall.

2. Cody - raiders - 292 TPE

Closely following Jones is the natural right winger with one name; Cody. Cody, who was born in Atlanta, Georgia played for the Halifax Raiders and by the end of the season played 2nd line right wing and regular power play time. In the end Cody averaged about 19.5 minutes a game. Cody had a monster season with 29 points and 16 goals placing him 3rd among the entire league in rookie scoring. Like some of his peers, Cody grabbed 4 game winning goals showing his ability to play when it matters. Cody is the complete package with 62 hits (2nd among Raiders), 111 Shots, and 10 shots blocked (3rd among Raider forwards). The only dent in Cody’s profile is his terrible +/- of -19 however the Raiders were one of the bottom teams for goal differential so take it as you will. During the Raiders surprising deep run Cody kept up his play with 10 points and 8 goals in the 16 game run. Cody was riding an obnoxious 20.5 shooting percentage.
    Cody is a 6 foot 1, 220 pound offensive forward with strengths in; Scoring, Skating, and Puck Handling and checking as a weakness. @Winter is Coming is an ancient user from 2015 who took a years break a while back. After quickly retiring Conor McGregor, Winter is Coming created Cody. Like Toivo, Winter is Coming has enough money for a long time. Might be a duel between Cody and Elijah Jones first winger taken in the draft.

3. Hugh Jazz - Militia - 284 TPE

Next up among right wingers is the left handed; Hugh Jazz (Lol). Hailing from Canada from god knows where is a very large forward who played for the Montreal Militia on the 2nd line right wing with some power play time. As some of you may know Jazz had an amazing season with 38 points and 18 goals leading all rookies and 9th among all right wingers in the Juniors. 14 of those were power play points. Most outstanding is Jazz did this with 15 minutes of ice time a game giving him a ridiculous 1.01 P/20. Jazz was 2nd in scoring for the Militia a +4, also grabbed 2 game winning goals and 1 game tying goal. Jazz is pretty much the guaranteed rookie of the year. During the Militia’s short playoff run where they lost to the eventual cup champs; Jazz scored 3 goals with 1 being a game winner and 1 a tying goal. While still great Jazz’s production slowed down with a P/20 of 0.54 in the playoffs. 
Jazz is an 8 foot 3, 355 pound (WOW) sniper with strengths in; Scoring, Skating, and Puck Handling. Like the other right wingers Jazz is weak at checking. Most of you know @ThatDamnMcJesus who is another Hamilton Steelhawk GM and recently retired Ben Dover. Between Hugh Jazz and Jagger Fouquette the Steelhawks have their future goal scorers already. 

4. Raquel Castillo Gutierrez - Knights -  261 TPE

Last among the top wingers is another off hand right winger in; Raquel Castillo Gutierrez. Gutierrez was born in Alajuela, Costa Rica but represents the United States at the IIHF. Gutierrez played for the Kelowna Knights and was promoted to first line right wing by seasons end. Gutierrez was also placed on the power play during the season and like many of her fellow rookies had about 15.5 minutes a game. Gutierrez produced 16 points and 10 goals riding a 16.4 shooting percentage. The 16 points places Gutierrez 2nd among Knight rookies only behind Nicklaus Engel. The Knights had a poor season coming last scoring the least amount of goals and Gutierrez 10 goals were good for 4th on the Knights. During the playoffs Gutierrez time on ice increased to about 19 minutes a game and actually led all Knight forwards in that regard. Gutierrez got penalty kill time and during the Knights 6 game playoff against the Lethbridge Lions she grabbed 3 points and 2 goals. Between Engel, Devitt, and Gutierrez the Knights might be a dark horse for next year.
    Gutierrez is a 5 foot 7, 130 pound sniper with strengths in; Scoring, Defense, and puck handling. Following the SHL meta she choose checking as her weakness. @Jiggly_333 has been a user since 2017 and retired the right winger; Dakota Reid who reached 1000 TPE. With money in the bank and experience in media and graphics Gutierrez could develop into a reliable 1st line player. I could see Gutierrez dropping a few spots and becoming a steal.

There you have it, the top earning wingers of the S49 draft class. It seems to be a small class with high caliber players so far. I will have another draft article out on the future Centers and defesemen before the draft. As always, thanks for reading

[Image: shepard.png][Image: giphy.gif][Image: TFOzBaZ.gif]

Thanks to @FlappyGiraffe and @ToeDragon84 for the making these sick sigs!

Quote:                            First Goal (3rd Game): Commander Shepard 1 (Nick Brain 1, Noah Gallagher 2) at 8:48

Thanks for the inclusion!

[Image: KIHXpPg.png]
[Image: det.png]

[Image: pxO2PYw.png] [Image: q95r3bg.png]

:eyes: great article! Thanks for the mention!

Someone's finally mentioned me in a list of "The Top ____". Finally. After two damn years.

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: KouSaotomeUndraftedSigSmol.png]
Jamie T Wrote:But I wish I'd been a little more exceptional
And I wish I'd been a little unconventional
But I was not enough, no, I'm not enough