Create Account

Vatinnen Talks about S7 draft Comets S7 draft recap+

Some people say that the Comets came out as winners in the S& draft as they got the best play available in the entrie draft: Elias Armia.

Elias Is one of the best players in the NWJHL this past season as he was second in points in the entire league!!!!, He is also a great locker room guy and he is one of the hardest workers. There hasn't been a top prospect like himself since Hogan in S5 who was quite the prospect and quite the player as she is already a ppg player in the SHL. Yes he is that good, he is a future captain of this team and he will learn from one of the best hockey players ever in SHL history in Jay Mcdonald. He will be a top 5 player in the SHL one of these days and the quicker the better.

[Image: selannehawks.jpg]

The comets had THREE first round picks and with there second pick in the first round, they select Detroit Falcons superstar defenceman Gabriel Johansen, He got 28 points in 40 games and it looks like he is going to win defence man of the year in juniors. He will be a star player soon for the comets. He is a complete package and soon will take control of his comet team and lead them to the cup. He could be a future norris trophy winner.
[Image: Lidstrom.jpg]

If the Third first round pick, the Comets selected All Star Defenceman Jarrko Vatinnen. He is a BIg man at 7 5 300 lbs and he can skate like the wind. Many people think the comets pick a risky player but the reward is quite high IF he lives up to his potential as a future norris trophy winner. Him and Johansen could create one of the best TOP 2 pairings in the SHL. He Is also known to be a play off performer as he is currently leading his seattle stingrays to a championship. He is a BIG man but he plays like a 6 foot PPQB as he doesn`t hit often but he is working on his game and he could have one of the best offseason in SHL history as he got 21 points in the s7 Mock draft ( only 2 wrong)
[Image: zdeno-chara620.jpg]

The comets First second round pick was Julien Dupont, He is another defence man, that could one day win a norris. He is one of the best puck movers, hitter in the NWJHL is past season and he could make this teams top four very dangerous for years to come if Everyone stays together. Him, Vatinnen and Johansen, are quite equally talented and could make an exciting challenge for all of these players for the number one spot on the blue line.
[Image: kris-letang-nc.jpg]

The last pick in the second round is Jonas Gustvo, He is a First round talent as he has been super active and he is a great locker room guy but he was a goalie so is value dropped because not the many teams need a goalie. He could win a vezina with this team as he is one of the best goalies in the NWJHL, he was so good that he competed with Andersson of the Platoon for top goalie in the NWJHL but he lost due to the fact Andersson is a second year player, if he wasn`t there, Gustvo woud of been walking with this award easily.
[Image: article_16351_2.jpg]

Now we have an interview with Finnish defence man Jarrko Vatinnen!!!!!!!!

Interview so Vatinnen, how do you feel about joining this young comets squad

Vatinnen: Well we have Great players on his team like Armia, Mcdonald, Fisher,Klimek,Svedsson,Gustvo,Johansen, Dupont, who are all hard workers and great guys in the locker rooms, I quite happy to be a comet as they were one of my favourite teams growing up and were one of teams that i hoped to draft me in his draft.

Interview What are your expectations for his team for this season

Vatinnen: well i want to win as many games as we can this season and maybe make the play-offs, Hopefully Seth adds a few pieces to the puzzle to improve this team greatly. I think we are one of the most improved teams in the SHL, we dont have seth anymore playing on this team and he added Armia,Myself, Johansen,Gustvo,Dupont,Fisher at the trade deadline who was PPG with the Comets. We got a great team here and hopefully we can get them back to winning championships like they were 2 seasons ago.

Interview What are you focusing on this offseaon to improve your player

Vatinnen: being more physcial and a better locker room guy and maybe have a Championship ring with me too if you know what i mean Wink

Interview That is it with 6th overall pick Jarrko Vatinnen!!!!!!!!!!!

850 words 5 pictures

Good article! One thing that irked me was that Hoggie was an S5 rookie like me not S3.

Quote:Originally posted by Fisher@Dec 31 2011, 02:32 PM
Good article! One thing that irked me was that Hoggie was an S5 rookie like me not S3.
really, some reason i thought s3, i will change it

Awesome article Vatty im glad to have you and im going to be writing a draft article tonight probably

Quote:Originally posted by Seth@Dec 31 2011, 02:56 PM
Awesome article Vatty im glad to have you and im going to be writing a draft article tonight probably
I thought you might get mad at this comment

we dont have seth anymore playing on this team so we are better

Quote:Originally posted by Vatinnen@Dec 31 2011, 05:58 PM

I thought you might get mad at this comment

we dont have seth anymore playing on this team so we are better
No because its true :lol: its a key reason why I re-created

Quote:Originally posted by Seth@Dec 31 2011, 02:58 PM

No because its true  :lol: its a key reason why I re-created

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

hey asshole, could you find a bigger picture?

Quote:Originally posted by DylanJK@Dec 31 2011, 06:33 PM

He probably could of if he wanted to Dylan :lol:

Quote:Originally posted by DylanJK@Dec 31 2011, 03:03 PM
Yup and personal attack

[Image: Mozaiek_20100922.jpg]