Create Account

Kondos Draft Experience
(This post was last modified: 05-18-2020, 09:45 PM by Ohtaay.)

Code:
947 word x2 Draft Media

Draft Experience

Having not gone through the a draft in a long time I thought I would recap my draft experience of recreate. Through this media piece I will start at the time I recreated, going through the interested prospects phase, and finally the draft.

Before the Recreate

Obviously when you create you player there are some main differences between recreates and first gens. Being only active in a semi capacity over the last number of seasons I think I got to experience a little bit of both. My last player Maksimov didn’t last too long, maybe ten seasons? Which I was all but inactive with him, little to no updates, barely checking the sim / what was going on around the league. Many new draft classes came in, and many new users became prominent users while I was away. Obviously upon returning there are still many familiar names, however there are many unfamiliar names. It made the league feel new, I kind of felt like a new user, and not many people would know me.

Recreating & Signing

Upon recreating many familiar users commentated on my new player thread. It was great to see some familiar names that I literally haven’t talked to in years.

I created my player, my first FHM player. Went through the process like a first gen, used the player builder tool. I was luckily enough to still be in some discords and ask for build advice. From there, my player was posted and approved. Upon being approved I was informed a rookie mentor would reach out, well that didn’t happen. Which I hope is just because they saw me as a recreate and probably rubbed off those actions and thought I wouldn’t be interested in the info. I sure hope first gens got those follow ups! The timing of my recreate was shortly after the draft, so I was free to sign as a DFA and be entered into the next draft. Well a handful of days went by and nothing. That was until JSS the true homie reached out, and asked if I wanted to join Detroit as a non-rostered DFA, which I was happy to do so. Detroit was the only team to reach out, and probably only because of JSS. I’m not sure how many other users found themselves in the same spot, but I can tell you not being a part of that “team” atmosphere, and if you are new to the shl and not familiar with how the leagues works, I can quickly see how you would be disinterested in coming back to the site every day for weeks with no info or contacts. Detroit had a great discord, so it definitely helped speed up the time and fast forward to the draft.

Interested Prospects

The interested prospects threads went up like they always do, and get the same copy paste answers by every user for the most part. After 20 minutes, and 10 threads down I wondered how these new GMs were going to sort through all these. Most of the GMs were new users (to me) who I was not familiar with. A couple days went by before GMs started reaching out, this when my interest in the site finally started to pick up again. I was logging into the site more often to find out if I had received any new messages. I was messaged by all but 2 teams, which is a pretty good rate. As the draft came closer, and talks limited down to only what you would assume are teams who are genuinely interested in drafting you. Now from what I recall with my previous players, I feel like I always had a better idea of where I was going to end up, or at least a rough set of picks. This time, I had no idea. Early first round, all the way to mid second round. No GM would commit to anything, lots of it was just beating around the bush. Which looking at the mock draft result, looks like I wasn’t the only one left in the dark.

Draft Day

The hype was definitely there, I made sure that I would be able to log in and watch the stream. I still didn’t know where I was going, until I got message in the last couple of hours before the draft. It was the Armada, they weren’t set on drafting anyone in particular this draft, but Bojo vouched for me. That familiar user from so many seasons ago, was the reason I was going to be drafted in the first round. What do you know, no one had my player in their mock going to Armada, a truly last minute decision, to be honest I don’t even know if players on the Armada knew.

Now, obviously all GMs view the value of recreate to a first gen differently. First gens can bring activity, lots of loyalty and hype, not to mention are usually willing to spend more time in juniors. Where recreates I feel like try to get out of juniors as fast as possible, and they aren’t as interested in the junior leagues. Which is definitely true for some users, they may also be active in other discords, or hold loyalties to other teams which eliminates them as being a potential option.

I can tell you for myself, since being on the Armada they have an active discord which was my main interest, they took a chance on me, even with my last player going inactive. It’ll be fun going through the league again, and working my way to the SHL draft as a relatively unknown recreate.

[Image: Oats.gif]

[Image: 401.png] [Image: S42cup1.png] [Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png][Image: WuTGq5J.png][Image: XUMDqMO.png]

Kondos will be a much watch player this year for me!

Armada

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

Anc got a great player with you. Loved the pre draft conversations we had, even though we had a pretty strong feeling you would be gone by the time we were ready. Wish you the best of luck with your career!

[Image: krash.gif]

[Image: kLRJavo.png][Image: ZjgHcNL.png]

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

05-18-2020, 10:29 PMCementHands Wrote: Anc got a great player with you. Loved the pre draft conversations we had, even though we had a pretty strong feeling you would be gone by the time we were ready. Wish you the best of luck with your career!

Appreciate it man, likewise! Good luck this season!

Cheers

[Image: Oats.gif]

[Image: 401.png] [Image: S42cup1.png] [Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png][Image: WuTGq5J.png][Image: XUMDqMO.png]

great to see you back in the league

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

Nice getting to know you before the draft, congrats on the high selection and good luck with you're player!

[Image: BirdmanSHL.gif]

Jean-François Bokassa
Armada

Proud Father of Johnny Wagner-Svenson

[Image: unknown.png]
Sven Svenson Career Stats

Sweden Raptors pride