Create Account

TIER LIST: SHL LOGOS
(This post was last modified: 06-13-2020, 08:17 PM by st4rface.)

After small pause, I saw some tier lists on Instagram, YouTube and other social platforms. So, I thought maybe to jump in this late trend and make tier list of SHL logos. I think that none of these logos are bad in general. They ar just worse than in a background of other SHL logos. And of course - it's only my subjective opinion, based on originality, how good they looks and personal opinion. I don't know if I am the first one who does this stuff on SHL, but anyway - I might think different than other users. I will make same tier list only for SMJHL logos as soon as possible aswell. Probably, after we know both two new logos of expansion teams, because we know only one right now (if I am right).

Yes, I am not working with photoshop and I am not professional logo maker, but I think we each have some type of ability to judge which logo we like and which we don't like so much. I just want to say having good logo, doesn't mean team is good and having bad logo - team is bad. It's not! It's just an subjective opinion from me and just an entertaining media. I hope no one will get offended or mad. Just a tier list from me with reasons why I put teams so high or low as it is. Let's just straight jump in.

[Image: thumb_show.php?i=7nqj9j76]

Goal ''Not good'' tier Goal

pride San Francisco Pride pride
San Francisco is an amazing city and it's definitely place where I will live in real life in close future. But if we talk about logo. I don't think it's really catchy. Colors doesn't go together so well aswell. It's pretty simple. Living in Latvia and being professional sports commentator in television, didn't allow me to not see how similar this logo is to other logos. You can see logos similar to this in sports nowadays pretty often. For example, hockey school Riga have pretty similar logo at Latvia. This logo added a bit lower. It's not the same, but it's similar and you need to agree that Pride logo is not really original. Team name is amazing, but logo not so good. Not so cool transformition from Portland Admirals. I think nothing can beat Admirals logo, but San Francisco Pride shoulder patches would be better logo than logo what Pride has now.

Hockey school Riga logo
 [Image: HS_Riga_logo.jpg]

Jets Winnipeg Jets Jets
It's pretty simple logo once again, but again - it's not so catchy. I think that simulation league needs to be about being original and about originality, but we all know that NHL has a team called Winnipeg Jets. Logo isn't the same, but it's a bit similar (not really much). But still - logo is not so good quality, red and blue doesn't go really well together in this logo aswell. Plus, text ''Winnipeg'' is not so easy to read. It's not bad - it's just a bit worse than other SHL logos. Thing I like about them is their fourth jersey which you can see in team information section under Jets.

Goal ''Not good, but not bad either'' tier Goal

Specters New Orleans Specters Specters
Not so usual mix between black and purple colors. Basically logo with two colors - black and purple, plus small amount of white (eyes and team name). It's like not so bad logo, but I think it's not in ''Good'' tier, because there are much better logos. I can just give props about being original with team name and location. It's really cool that this team have similar signatures and even avatars on forum aswell. Branding is not bad, but logo might be better in my opinion.

Steelhawks Hamilton Steelhawks Steelhawks
Steelhawks just won Challenge Cup and I think that majority can surely agree that header of Manhattan Rage logo was much better than this one with Steelhawks logo. I joined here on S27 when they had banner with previous Steelhawks logo, because they just won back then one of their titles. I think that then their logo wasn't much better either. They basically changed logo, but didn't made any moves to better or worse logo. Logo is from two colors white/grey and blue, but alternate logo and shoulder patches have yellow and black colors aswell. In my opinion, alternate logo looks better and it's obvious that their logo isn't so good as logos for other teams.

Renegades Texas Renegades Renegades
It's pretty simple logo. Nothing too crazy or catchy - just dark and pretty simple logo. Like, it's hard to understand without serious looking that these grey things are hockey sticks. But at the same time, they have alternate logo with more colors, but that doesn't look like hockey logo so much with so many colors. But in general - it's not really good or really bad, so it's like middle way in my opinion. Could be better and could be worse, right?

Platoon Baltimore Platoon Platoon
It's first season with this new branding and I think I am not the only one who thinks that first of all - West Kendall Platoon logo was way better and second - changing location from West Kendall to Baltimore wasn't needed. They was like that team which doesn't change location or logo and they just changed that. Let's be honest - there are better logos than Platoon has right now. Eagle is cool, but I don't know if this dark blue goes well together with dark red.

Chiefs Minnesota Chiefs Chiefs
Well, it's much better than their previous logo, which was basically taken from Frolunda Indians teams from Sweden. But is it really good? I wouldn't say it bad, but once again - we have better logos between all 16 SHL teams. Colors remind a bit of Chicago Blackhawks, but no so much. Logo is basically between good and not so good, so it's in middle for now. If SHL will have an expansion or some of teams change their logo, things might change.

Goal ''Good'' tier Goal

Dragons Calgary Dragons Dragons
And we are finally at tier where all logos are good and pretty well maded. Their logo is pretty old, but it's good and that's the reason why they still have it. It's not at ''Best ones'' tier, because it's not so modern, but it's still good. It gives a bit Harry Potter type vibe or reminds of a dragon from cartoon ''Shrek''. It needs some improvements, but it's pretty good and I think that their ability to stick with the same logo and branding for long term is the key for a success.

Wolfpack New England Wolfpack Wolfpack
Good logo, but lack a bit of originality. Stick bite reminds of San Jose Sharks NHL logo, font could be better, but it's definitely better than their previous logo. Alternate jerseys (which isn't used, but is for visuals) aren't that original aswell and reminds of Minnesota Wild alternate jerseys from NHL. Once again, this is time when secondary logo is better than primary in my opinion. Cool, but could be better or more original.

Stampede Buffalo Stampede Stampede
Two colors and really simple logo, but sometimes being simple is the right choice. Reminds a bit of Buffalo Sabres of NHL. Team is based in Buffalo aswell and middle of logo is pretty similar. This is the time when logo isn't original, but color scheme and being so simple, made logo good. Secondary and thir logo looks different and more original, but not so good loking. I am user from S27 and I don't know is it, but I think they are basically based on Buffalo Sabres.

Stars Toronto North Stars Stars
Jets based on NHL Jets, Stampede based on NHL Sabres and North Stars pretty much based on NHL Maple Leafs. Similar situation as Stampede - simple logo with two colors and it's good. Better than their previous logos and better than their secondary logo. Simple, but good.

Panthers Los Angeles Panthers Panthers
I will be honest - I don't really like this logo and I don't think it's belongs on ''Good'' tier. But, I know that a lot of users like this logo and they think that it's good, so I think that after majority thinks it's good - it belongs there. I don't like aswell that team has team name Panthers, because NHL has Florida Panthers. I personally think that their alternate logo is better than this one and primary isn't that good, but it's ''Good'' tier, because of what users think.

Goal ''Best ones'' tier Goal

Blizzard Edmonton Blizzard Blizzard
Arguably best logo of league right now or definitely TOP 5. Icy vibe, modern logo, cool loking. Name is original aswell. Crazy! What more do you need? Their previous logo was with too many details and not so cool, but this one is amazing. Secondary logo cool aswell. Nothing bad to say about logo or branding and I think we all can agree that this logo is next level.

Barracuda Tampa Bay Barracuda Barracuda
Some might say that I am wrong, but this is my personal favorite. I like this logo and in my opinion - it's the best one what SHL has right now. Yes, font might be better, it might be better quality or more professional, but I like this so damn much. I think that their previous logo when they was Seattle Riot was good aswell, but majority back then didn't like it. Secondary logo not so good though. I think that Riot logo was sick and primary for Barracuda is aswell. I like this team, I like this branding and that's it! Keep going!

syndicate Chicago Syndicate syndicate
I think that their previous logo with a circle around was a bit better than this one, but it's still good. Total mix is giving a Dortmund Borussia vibe and it's cool in general. Colors together looks good and this is one of my favorite logos. As we see, all teams in ''Best ones'' tier are teams which has original team name which isn't really known worldwide.

Rage Manhattan Rage Rage
As a dude which has played under both - Blizzard and Rage previous logos, I can say that say I am happy to see how their branding have evolved. Logo reminds a bit of NBA Chicago Bulls, but team name isn't Bulls and in general - it's really TOP 5 logo of this league. Long story short - cool logo.

Goal ''God tier'' Goal

Portland Admirals
I can't describe in words how good this logo was. Some people will agree and some of them will say that I am crazy, but I added Admirals logo just because how good this logo was. Admirals was underdogs and didn't play well. I played under them for one season, but team was friendly, coaching stuff great and branding - best what SHL have seen. I think it's unreal to beat this logo and it will stay as TOP 1 of all time. Best in my opinion. Sadly, Admirals ain't no more on SHL! They even took out Admirals emoji out of forum... Why?

Let's make a quick resume aswell. I think that logos of Seattle Riot and Portland Admirals (previous teams) was dope. Right now, Tampa Bay Barracuda, Edmonton Blizzard and Chicago Syndicate. Rage is good aswell, but not like really favorite for me. All time favorite for me definitely is Admirals logo. There are some amazing logos, some not so amazing logos, but in general - I think SHL logos have evolved pretty good.

Hope that everyone has great time and are safe in this cruel time. Stick together! Best of luck everyone getting closer to Play-Offs aswell. Have a nice day everyone! Here is a link where you can do your own tier list aswell for SHL logos: https://tiermaker.com/create/simulation-...gos-448492

1900+ words

Stars Stars Stars

LAP logo on same tier as CGY logo, that's gonna go well

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

06-13-2020, 08:11 PM.bojo Wrote: LAP logo on same tier as CGY logo, that's gonna go well
Personally, I think that Dragons logo is much better than Panthers. I wanted to put their logo one tier below, but I know that majority of users like Panthers logo. Same with Dragons, but Calgary logo isn't that modern, beucase of how long time ago it was maded. Dragons logo is definitely better than Panthers. Anyway, it's just my opinion and all decisions have description of why I decided like that.

Stars Stars Stars

I will accept this result

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

Lmao at liking the non original logos

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother