Create Account

(GRADED) Deep Dive #1 - The Dallas Birddogs venture into the SHL
(This post was last modified: 12-11-2020, 12:41 AM by leafs1997.)

This is it. This is what I came up with. Thanks to @Kyamprac for the idea. So this SMJHL saw an influx of new players from the ISFL over there. But not only that, it especially saw some players coming over from the Dallas Birddogs, a DSFL juniors team in that league. Since I am one of them I think we can talk a bit about where they all come from and where they are now. I will do it in the order of their draft position, because that’s the least arbitrary way I could find.

Round 1, Pick 10: Ole Olson, LD (User @Amidships) Kraken
The first Birddog off the board Amidships is a staple in the Birddogs Locker Room. Having left his DSFL days long behind him he went to the Austin Copperheads after a brief stint with the Baltimore Hawks and is their General Manager right now together with another user of this draft class. With a lot of Carolina also being in the Birddogs Locker Room because they created over there this offseason this pick was a gimme and didn’t surprise me or anyone who looked at it. A great earner, a great user and really fun to be around! The only Birddog who made it into round 1!

Ole plays on my other side together with me in Carolina, has made some offensive pushes for one goal and three assists and is generally a force to be reckoned with in the defense with 24 hits and 14 blocked shots. As he continues to earn and get better that will surely tick up even more throughout the first season.

Round 2, Pick 15: Friedensreich Hundertwasser, RW (User @Asked Madden) Scarecrows
Second Birddog off the board came with user Asked Madden. I am proud to see him go there, since I gave him the inspiration for his great player name. Friedensreich Hundertwasser was an austrian artist who did crazy things. He ended up being picked in the second round by the St. Louis Scarecrows who I spent time with as a DFA when I originally came to this league after the last trade deadline. Great spot for him, I hope Iwill share a team once again with this sleep deprived man at some point in our careers!

The right winger Friedensreich already has 3 goals and 2 assists. With 29 hits he brings a lot to the board, even though the current season doesn’t look too shiny for St Louis at the moment.

Round 2, Pick 24: Zayne Rotzbua, LD (User @inverted) Whalers
The mighty inverted, one of the original Birddog founders made his way to one of the teams I was eyeing as a landing spot. With their GM being a former Birddog great and them having a current Birddog on their roster it was a natural landing spot, and although I will never forgive him that he went one spot before me, it is natural to be happy to see him there. Also his playername takes my (and Nikolaj Boyles’) username and amalgams it into probably the best name in existence. No bias at all.

Being generally an aggressive player Rotzbua (which is weird to write, since that’s me too) underperforms a bit with only one fight which ended in a tie, but has great hit stats and 4 assists. Just need to pulls out his fists more often.

Round 3, Pick 25: Finn von Murphenstein, RD (User @r0tzbua) Kraken
It’s a me. I played one season with the Birddogs but still hang around as a war room member and general unfunny guy. The team basically got me into sim leagues and I love it there, so I am happy I went to Carolina where I can spend time with Amidships rocking the defense. Not much else to say.

I don’t think I’m super happy about my performance as a Quarterback in the defense yet, but I feel like I will get there. Being on a generally good track today’s kind of rough games didn’t help but 2 goals, 2 assists, 25 hits and 19 blocked shots generally put me on a good direction for the rest of the season.

Round 3, Pick 32: Nikolaj Boyle, LW (User @zaynzk) Whalers
The greatest NYPD player and Birddog Twitter Hall of Fame user Zayn (and other half of inverters player name) ends up with his namesake in Vancouver. Technically going later than I would have seen him he ends up in a great spot with people he likes and a healthy environment that will help him grow to a good Left Winger hopefully. Also it’s NikolaJ. Get it?

Great offensive stats for Nikolaj so far with 3 goals and 3 assists. Let’s ignore the -12 +/- and just look at those there, okay?

Round 3, Pick 34: David S. Pumpkins, LW (User @Rev) Armada
The last Birddog off the board is Rev who continues his curse of being picked way too late that he already started in the ISFL. Rev is amazing, has he ever played piano for you? If not, you should force him to. Late third rounder and a total steal at this point, he is an Alaskan now and the team should be happy to grab him there. What a guy. He’s David S. Pumpkins, okay?

Not the highest scorer so far, but adds to the offense with 4 assists. Also 8 penalty minutes, although I don’t know what he did to deserve that. In the end he’s David S. Pumpkins.

Approved, +5 TPE @r0tzbua

[Image: gREvMiW.png] [Image: H3aFgmg.png]
Canada Timber  Jean-Jacques François Jacques-Jean || S74  Timber Canada
Austria Barracuda Kraken  Finn von Murphenstein || S57 - S72  Kraken Barracuda Austria