Create Account

BREAKING NEWS: Toronto - West Kendall Trade

While Dreger reported that Toronto and West Kendall are doing a 1-1 swap of Sean Gallagher and Kiernan Cassidy, I, Bob McKenzie, have the real info for you!

Yes, Gallagher and Cassidy are still getting swapped, but it's not a straight up one for one deal. I have learned that some low draft picks and cash are involved.

After taking a look at the budgets of both teams, I believe that the Stars will be taking on a portion of Cassidy's salary, with WKP not having too much salary left for training camp. Going the other way? Obviously a lower draft pick. I would guess it would be in the 4th or 5th Round range, with it likely being a 4th, depending on how much of Cassidy's deal the Stars will be covering.

Oh also, the deal is expected to be submitted to the commissioner sometime this afternoon. We will be seeing Gallagher in the tan and red, with Cassidy putting on the Platoon blue later this afternoon.

My take? It seems like a very even swap to me. Cassidy is a dynamic scoring winger, while Gallagher is a versatile defenseman. It pretty much depends on team needs, and it seems both teams would benefit greatly out of this trade.

:unsure:

that make us 2 defenceman short Huh

Quote:Originally posted by Patrick80@Jan 1 2012, 04:13 PM
that make us 2 defenceman short  Huh

If McKenzie is right, then Kearns is a retard.