Create Account

Carolina Kraken Season 57 Awards and Season 58 Letters

[1483 words]
[Image: CarolinaKraken.png]

Good evening all, and welcome to the Carolina Kraken annual offseason banquet. While the last season didn't go as planned, we're in a positive spot going forward. We have an incredibly deep young core of 11 rookies and sophomores, and our veterans and organization continue to be exceptional. Tonight though, we can look back on another season of excellent individual moments and celebrate the careers of some incredible players.

Our show tonight starts with our newest award as an organization. While generally we look to announce it before the SMJHL awards team can, it wasn't possible this season. Nevertheless I’m proud to announce that Panda Panico Nominee for the Onoprienko Award was once again a finalist for the Onoprienko, but this time taking home the trophy. Congratulations…
GRAPE FRUIT
(@canes2112)

"Groot was a reliable anchor for a team fielding 6 rookies and the lowest TPE defense in the league that was at time hemorrhaging shots. He led the team in shots against per 60, and almost did the same for goals against, while also being second on the team in minutes including PP1 and PK1. The recently named alternate captain was the workhorse of the team, facilitating the power play that was desperately needed for Carolina to have any shot at the division title as well as helping the team to survive the times where Blunt Man and RART regressed from their prior excellent seasons."

With Fruit up to Los Angeles this season, and the legendary goalie Blunt Man stepping away from the game, Carolina is once again looking for individuals to step up to fill the leadership void. While Kozlov remains with the team, the Kraken will have a new skater donning the C. After a team vote, the Carolina Kraken have elected a new Captain…

JIMMY JIMMY
Aleksander Kozlov will still wear a letter however, along with our two new Alternate Captains...
ALEKSANDER KOZLOV, OLE OLSEN, and FINN von MURPHENSTEIN

Jimmy and Kozlov are proven leaders in the locker room, and as rookies Ships and r0tz have both been incredible personalities to have around the organization. I'm excited to see what that exciting pair will continue to do on and off the ice.

With the future once more in good hands, we can reflect on another season in the history books. While this was more of a reloading year, the Kraken individuals still had a number of bright spots this season. Three of our four rookies were drafted in the first round of the SHL draft, and both Jimmy Jimmy and Grape Fruit were up for multiple awards this offseason. No award or all-league committee can understand the Kraken like one on the inside though, and that’s where the Kraken season awards come in. As always, these awards are voted by the team, including departing members of the roster.

Our first award tonight is the Kain Webb Award for Leadership, and our nominees are..
Grape Fruit
Jimmy Jimmy
Ole Olsen
The winner of the Kain Webb Award for Leadership this season is someone who has taken lead by example to another level. Their tenacity and drive to make the team, their player, and their teammates better is such a clean definition of the word "leader" that I struggle to find a more accurate definition. Congratulations...
JIMMY JIMMY

Our second award tonight is the Cristoph Klose Award for the Top Forward, and our nominees are..
Aleksander Kozlov
Grape Fruit
Vincent Wolfe
This forward elevated the players around him an exceptional amount, while also locking down on the penalty kill. They racked up almost 4 minutes of special teams time, led the first line to success as a facilitator and a goal scorer, and was a constant force in the locker room. Congratulations...
ALEKSANDER KOZLOV
Our third award tonight is Carolina’s version of the Quilha Agante Award for the Top Defenseman, and our nominees are…
Finn von Murphenstein
Jimmy Jimmy
Ole Olsen
Despite the youth featured in our defense this season, these three nominees amassed 78 points, over 300 shots, and 5 fights. One defenseman won their fight though, and went out there for 23 and a half minutes a game, the fourth highest TOI in the league last season. His endurance allowed a young team rest when it was needed, and he performed well all 23 of those minutes. Congratulations...
JIMMY JIMMY
The fourth award tonight is the Jordan Nugent Hall Award for the Most Dedicated Player, and our nominees are…
Finn von Murphenstein
Jimmy Jimmy
Tomas Lind
Generally speaking, leadership and dedication go hand in hand, but these awards often highlight different things. Kobe Bryant was dedicated. Isiah Thomas was a leader. Both did the other role well, but there's room to differentiate between the two. In this case, our winner is much more of the former. A fiercely dedicated individual who led by their example and grinded out the best chances for team success. Congratulations...
JIMMY JIMMY
The fifth award tonight is the Petr Klimek Award for the Best Two-Way Player, and our nominees are…
Aleksander Kozlov
Luukas Lijia
With no disrespect meant to either, these nominees are incredibly similar. Both our top six centers were integral playmakers for our forward core, but both also went above and beyond on the defensive end. Lijia led the team in shots blocked with Kozlov just behind, and both racked up 40 takeaways, one off of Jimmy Jimmy's pace of 41. Both exceptional forwards, but one had a slightly more productive offensive season. Congratulations...
ALEKSANDER KOZLOV
The seventh award of the night is one of my personal favorites, both in name and what it represents. The Alonzo Garbonzo Award is a rookie award, but it’s unique in that it’s awarded to a rookie player who played well on the ice and had a great locker room presence. Our nominees this season are...
Finn von Murphenstein
Golden Face
Ole Olson
Tomas Lind
This award is always a hard one, because every rookie that shows up in the nominees is a super loyal and great addition to the locker room and the roster. It's no surprise that these players were all highly coveted in the SHL draft from a few weeks back. The winner this year elevated the team in multiple ways on and off the ice, most notably with their 20 plus points from a rookie defenseman and their inspiring nutrition advice (food and cooking pics). Congratulations...
FINN von MURPHENSTEIN
Our second to last award tonight is the Kurtis Hunter Award, the Team's MVP as decided by the team. The nominees this season are…
Aleksander Kozlov
Blunt Man
Jimmy Jimmy
Vincent Wolfe
For the first time in a few seasons, we don't have a league MVP candidate to compare to, but all four of these players had massive impacts for the team. Our two top forwards, our top defenseman, and our anchor in goal all played integral parts to the team's (limited) success this season, but the team was able to narrow down what they thought was the most valuable contribution. Congratulations...
ALEKSANDER KOZLOV
It’s common for teams to end at their MVP, but Carolina does things a little differently. There is one award critical to how we exist as an organization, the Michael Fitted Award for the player who best demonstrates what it means to be a Kraken. It commemorates the sportsmanship, dedication, and energy demonstrated by it’s recipient, and truly represents both the passion we all have for the SHL and SMJHL as well as a love for their team in Carolina and the league as a whole. Our nominees for this season’s award are…
Jimmy Jimmy
Luukas Lijia
Tomas Lind
The Carolina Kraken community and organization remains one of my favorite experiences to have been a part of in my last decade. The random camaraderie between users is incredible and one of my favorite parts of it is seeing other first gens embrace the site in their own ways like I did and continue to do so. I love getting to provide the platform for them to do all of this, and as I've said a number of times it's why I love working in the J so much. Both (yes both) our winners this year have been exceptional contributors to the locker room, helping re-develop the European branch of the Kraken, but also in SHL locker rooms and in the SHN. Congratulations...
LUUKAS LIJIA and TOMAS LIND

Congratulations to both the award winners and to the entirety of the Carolina Kraken and organization, and best of luck to the new roster and new leadership. Thank you all for coming out tonight, thank you season 57 roster and teammates for another incredible season, and thank you all for making the SHL one of the best communities online. May Terry Bradshaw’s ghost lead you to the promised land.

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

Thoroughly enjoyed my time with the Kraken and very grateful for the nomination! Congratulations to the new leadership! The future is very bright here and Carolina will always hold a special place in my heart!
Kraken Kraken Kraken Kraken Kraken Kraken Kraken Kraken Kraken

[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/DYZ5jqO.jpg[/img]

CONGRATS ALL

[Image: Fitted_3.png]

2x 4Star Cup Champ s49 s50

1x commissioners excellence award s 50

Glad to be the Captain of an amazing team!

GM of Canada in the WJC S56

S56 WJC Gold Medalist GM/Player for Canada

[Image: ddIlIkT.png][Image: qzGJBye.png]

[Image: GMGumba.gif]

Great read! Looking forward to being a part of this team!

[Image: banes.png]