Create Account

End of GMing presser
(This post was last modified: 04-25-2022, 06:55 PM by boom. Edited 2 times in total.)

Lots of stuff happening with my player and myself. Impending draft, excellent rookie season, riding off into the sunset of GMing after 2 years working my way to the top of the mountain (I still intend to max earn on my player I’m just taking a break from management). Ask the questions and I’ll do my best to answer them.

Quote:BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM, rid off into the sunset indeed... I'll get all the easy questions out of the way for you:

Hmmm... Will you make a return as a GM?
I might return once RL settles down. I’m open to running a team either in the J or the SHL if the right opportunity arises.

Quote:Best moment of your GM career? (Got to assume it is the Four-Star Cup, so also the 2nd best moment)

Yup. Definitely that, but my 2nd favourite moment would probably be when Edmonton signed a bunch of hired guns and went to the WCF in S61 (also I just realized I traded you away to get Gabe for that run lmfao)

Quote:Favorite draft pick?/Biggest draft steal?
I’m gonna go with the whole S55 J draft. After finishing last, we had six picks in the top 40 and all six of them turned into max J earners and key contributors to a championship. Favourite pick in the SHL in terms of entertainment was probably Rylie Versi, probably because our war room was absolutely screaming when we saw he was dropping and we were able to get him.

Quote:Hardest draft choice to make?  (Tough choice between two players is my intention, but you can take it another way if you'd like)

In that S55 draft, we had the 12th and 13th overall picks. I knew one of them was going to be KnockedOut ByOvechkin since we liked his activity and media, but the other one was basically a dead heat between Sarah Burke (Kyamprac) and Jonas Kahnwald (Festinator). Both were puck-moving defenders who were first gens and really active. Both of them ended up being really good players and I could have easily justified picking Fest if I had to do it again, but picking Kya was still a great add to the team and the LR.

Quote:Worst moment of GM career?

S54. First full season being a GM and Vancouver was one of the worst teams I’ve ever seen. Nothing went according to plan. At least things got better after.

Quote:Worst draft pick you made (the player got to be IA, so you can even call him out by name LMAO).

Back in S54, I talked Mills into giving up a 2nd and a 4th in a future draft so that we could trade up into the second round and draft Domenick Alessandrini. He did nothing and was cut after one year. Woof.

Quote:Why is test simming the worst thing ever. This is not a question, just a fact.

Things that make me want to rip my own face off tend to be like that.

Quote:Also, why is Johnny Shuffleboard the best.

He got us Gabe Johnson.

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM, rid off into the sunset indeed... I'll get all the easy questions out of the way for you:

Hmmm... Will you make a return as a GM?

Best moment of your GM career? (Got to assume it is the Four-Star Cup, so also the 2nd best moment)

Favorite draft pick?/Biggest draft steal?

Hardest draft choice to make? (Tough choice between two players is my intention, but you can take it another way if you'd like)

Worst moment of GM career?

Worst draft pick you made (the player got to be IA, so you can even call him out by name LMAO).

Why is test simming the worst thing ever. This is not a question, just a fact.

Also, why is Johnny Shuffleboard the best.

Class S55
Reincarnated- Class S71

[Image: x17WALp.png][Image: uNh8ZtE.png]

What’s it like making the smartest move in SHL history (drafting me) but also making the dumbest move in SHL history (trading for HFFO)

[Image: Rn4Vt1E.png]