Create Account

Getting Settled In

Well it's been a little over a month and I've gotta say I'm a lot more comfortable in Kelowna than I thought I was going to be. I still miss home obviously and I plan to go back home as much as I possibly can but I admit Kelowna is definitely growing on me. It's tough leaving somewhere you've been for the majority of your life, especially somewhere that speaks your native language, and I try to communicate as best as I can with everyone in English but there is a tiny language barrier with "slang." Now obviously I've been around hockey enough to understand a lot but my word do some of these kids use some crazy words. And on a positive note there are some foreign team mates on Kelowna that are in the same boat if not worse, like at least I'm from Quebec and we are taught to learn English early on, some of these guys are still figuring out some of the "Jargon."  Other than that, It's beautiful out here! Yes it's still Canada and it's super cold, but seeing a part of your country you've never seen before and how different it is from back home just makes you smile and think about how small the world truly is. Went out to dinner with a few team mates, took the dog for a walk, went sight seeing in my time off and the best part so far is, Not that many people recognize me, the minute I open my mouth though, you can tell I'm not from here and it always opens for a twenty minute conversation and me listening to someone's choppy French-Canadian, Can't really complain though, my English was atrocious when I first began.

But who knows maybe I'll come back after the SHL draft in the future, So far lots of good memories here in Kelowna, No complaints whatsoever. People are nice, it's nice to look at, and my favorite part, it's still in Canada! Not everyone agrees with this statement but as a Canadian Hockey player I hope and pray I get drafted by Canadian teams, there is always more American teams and they tend to have more of an advantage for winning a championship because of this(and they are usually stacked with Canadian players) so that's another positive thing to leave with. 

Thank you Kelowna!

[Image: hammer_time_sig.png]

[Image: gXlAFBa.png][Image: 8CbZQAJ.png][Image: IhVx0wj.png]

You're lucky to stay in Canada, I had to move to St Louis Tongue
No regrets though, awesome team Smile

I hope for you that an canadian team in the SHL will draft you!

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]
[Image: un22.png] [Image: 5tu6.png]

07-21-2022, 05:50 PMAnthique Wrote: You're lucky to stay in Canada, I had to move to St Louis Tongue
No regrets though, awesome team Smile

I hope for you that an canadian team in the SHL will draft you!
Their logo is pretty badass though!!!

Fingers crossed!!!

[Image: hammer_time_sig.png]

[Image: gXlAFBa.png][Image: 8CbZQAJ.png][Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Knights

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]