Create Account

(GRADED) Deep Dive #2 - Sleepers for the SHL Draft S72
(This post was last modified: 06-30-2023, 02:12 AM by Scrufdaddy. Edited 1 time in total.)

In every sim league, we have a champion, and everyone else is a loser - as there can only be ONE winner. The winners are those who can consistently and accurately find talent, scout talent, and develop those users into the best they can be. More often than not, and I cannot speak for the SHL, the most successful teams find gems in the draft that everyone else looks over for one reason or another: Maybe they didnt earn for a reason, maybe they just simply didnt like their GM, who the heck knows. Anyone can nail a fisrst round draft pick, so what. But skilled GMs take these "sleepers" and turn them into Round 2 to Round 5 gems. So let me show everyone here a few names that I like, users I know from the ISFL that may make some noise, even if you are reading this and you DON'T think so, or don't know them. I'll try to base this on where they went in the SMJHL, in reverse order - so those who were drafted LATER, will be at the TOP of this list, so those who were SLEPT on are HIGH here, but this is not a hard and fast rule.

(1) Activity Check (G) (User: Weaves) - Selected in the THIRD round by KEL, he is likely already the best user to come out of said round, and is probably a top 10 player TPE wise in the class. For those who are unaware, he runs a elite and hilarous pod in the ISFL where he is a max-earner, and i heard rumours there may be some coming here as well! The user is fantastic, has shown at least a commitment to earning at a high level (has not missed an Activity Check), and may or may not stay at goalie. Fade at your own risk.

(2) Austin Morley © (User:soevil) - Selected at the tail end of R1, he had one of the best offensive rookie seasons in this class. A very steady presence in the ISFL, mixed with an elite fantasy presence, this is a dude you should be looking for if you are looking for some commitment and flair in the Locker room. I would asssume he will continue to earn highly in SHL as he does in ISFL, so I would say this is a very safe selection. 

(3) Benard Lodge (G) (user: Uptowncord) - Selected at the tail end of R1 by Maine, he had one of the best goalie seasons of this rookie class. While yes, it is impossible to know if a human pilon or a real goalie could get 25 wins on a stacked Maine team, thats besides the point. The user himself is fantastic and is actually a featured guest on Weaves' ISFL podcast, as well as being a GM in the ISFL as well. While a max earner is not guarnteed nor expected, a high baseline level of activity is to be expected. Could easily be the best goalie of the class, so fade accordingly (or don't).

(4) Lazer Gago (D) (user: wizard_literal) - Selected at the tail end of R1 by Carolina, Wizard had a sucessful seasons in year one as a Dman. While i think he could be one of the best D players of this class, he also has major ISFL ties, as well as being a core member on Weaves' podcast (lmfao, yes, ANOTHA ONE), an ISFL GM, and is a max earner there. I think all of the tools of the player, as well as the amazing person of the user, makes this player a surefire first rounder, other league duties aside. 

///

WORDS 655

Approved, +5 TPE to @Weaves

[Image: scrufdaddy2.gif]
credit to Flappy, ToeDragon, and Carpy

Patriotes Stars Panthers Platoon Specters Platoon Panthers Specters Aurora Jets Usa Scarecrows

[Image: Tqabyfh.png][Image: UDyqktK.png][Image: 1DL5JDX.png]