Create Account

My thoughts on the portal: Actually Impressive

Hey guys and gals and everything in between WildfireMicro here and I will be honest with you all: when the first talks of the new SHL portal were happening, I honestly had my doubts and trepidations. As a bit of a sim vet (since 2020 for fourm leagues), I had a feeling that getting rid of manual updates for a portal would be us losing a bit of our identity. I know that sounds very sim boomer of me, but I honestly did not know if the portal would be a success. I did here from the updates we had on it how good it was going to be, but I still was a bit hesitant on it.

Well I am here to say now that my doubts and fears about the portal are hereby dashed, as the people who worked on it went above and beyond to make it easy to use for updates and more. I honestly did not know how easy it would make putting in Activity checks and weekly training, and the people who designed it should be very proud of what they accomplished. Basically, you log into the portal with your SHL log in (I had to change my password because I forgot it, it's been so long since I actually had to log in), press the Activity check button and boom it is automatically put into your TPE total. You press a button on the weekly training button, choose which weekly training you want, and it is automatically added to your TPE total.

I have not checked out the Personal Coaching button (because I need more money for that, it's part of the reason I am writing this after all), but I am pretty sure it is the same as the weekly training button: press it, choose which personal coaching you want, and boom you are done and it will be added to your total. Also when your ready to update, it is pretty easy as well: just choose the stat you want to increase and it will do the math for you. I like that addition because I always like triple check my maybe when I update, so doing it automatically really helps me. You can also see your bank and transactions and even change your render all on the portal!

Now this leaves ISFL as the only fourm league where I truly manually update (I use a player updater on both PBE and SSL), but who knows! Maybe the ISFL will look at a portal as well. Ether way, I am very happy with how the portal came out and I am also happy to say that my fears seem to have not come to pass. Thank you for reading this quick little media, and I hope to see you all on the ice!

[Image: wfm-sig.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

09-12-2023, 08:21 AMWildfireMicro Wrote: Hey guys and gals and everything in between WildfireMicro here and I will be honest with you all: when the first talks of the new SHL portal were happening, I honestly had my doubts and trepidations. As a bit of a sim vet (since 2020 for fourm leagues), I had a feeling that getting rid of manual updates for a portal would be us losing a bit of our identity. I know that sounds very sim boomer of me, but I honestly did not know if the portal would be a success. I did here from the updates we had on it how good it was going to be, but I still was a bit hesitant on it.

Well I am here to say now that my doubts and fears about the portal are hereby dashed, as the people who worked on it went above and beyond to make it easy to use for updates and more. I honestly did not know how easy it would make putting in Activity checks and weekly training, and the people who designed it should be very proud of what they accomplished. Basically, you log into the portal with your SHL log in (I had to change my password because I forgot it, it's been so long since I actually had to log in), press the Activity check button and boom it is automatically put into your TPE total. You press a button on the weekly training button, choose which weekly training you want, and it is automatically added to your TPE total.

I have not checked out the Personal Coaching button (because I need more money for that, it's part of the reason I am writing this after all), but I am pretty sure it is the same as the weekly training button: press it, choose which personal coaching you want, and boom you are done and it will be added to your total. Also when your ready to update, it is pretty easy as well: just choose the stat you want to increase and it will do the math for you. I like that addition because I always like triple check my maybe when I update, so doing it automatically really helps me. You can also see your bank and transactions and even change your render all on the portal!

Now this leaves ISFL as the only fourm league where I truly manually update (I use a player updater on both PBE and SSL), but who knows! Maybe the ISFL will look at a portal as well. Ether way, I am very happy with how the portal came out and I am also happy to say that my fears seem to have not come to pass. Thank you for reading this quick little media, and I hope to see you all on the ice!

Ignore the above, was trying to edit the title

Thanks for the kind words! A lot of time was spent to make sure that the initial version of the update portal covered everything that was necessary. With future updates to the portal you’ll be happy with it more

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]