Create Account

Fuzz's SHL Attribute Guide Link
(This post was last modified: 03-13-2024, 02:04 PM by FuzzSHL. Edited 1 time in total.)

Click here to view my FHM8 Attribute Guide. Click here to view my SHL Media post about the Attribute Guide.

[Image: lap-teamsig.png]
Aleksi Kettu
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]

Needs more emphasis on fighting

[Image: hw6Eojc.png]

[Image: lqfXIpe.jpeg]

Is there one for goalies @FuzzSHL or have we just given up on that position entirely in terms of meaning anything in this game due to the way the sim works?

[Image: 0K3YdqN.png]

Former Agent of Nick Brain: Center/Right Winger -  Aurora  Stars

07-11-2024, 03:32 PMStadiumGambler Wrote: Is there one for goalies @FuzzSHL or have we just given up on that position entirely in terms of meaning anything in this game due to the way the sim works?

Just now seeing this. Goalies are a position that I don't have near as much experience with, and I've been trying to find the time to talk to those who do know the position better than I do in hopes of getting a goalie guide put together. A lot of obstacles for that right now, but it is still planned.

[Image: lap-teamsig.png]
Aleksi Kettu
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]

(This post was last modified: 07-12-2024, 09:07 AM by Chevy. Edited 1 time in total.)

Goalies:

Goalies are probably the easiest to be honest. In the FHM manual it basically tells you exactly what attributes make the most difference in making the save: Positioning, Rebound Control, Reflexes & Recovery. After that, Mental Toughness and Stamina are important as MT will keep you from getting pulled (usually) and especially if you are a starter, Stamina works the same way as the stamina for a skater. After that, Blocker, Glove and Low will determine the QUALITY of your save attempts in those areas. Then if you want to start getting fancy, effective passing & poke check (poke for help on those breakaways).

I find the jury is still out on things like puckhandling and skating so YMMV on those, however from watching through hundreds of hours of sims and streams, as many times as I've seen the goalie outside of the crease puckhandling might start being more important.

Though, of course, if you ask some people: GoAlIe TpE DoEsN't MaTtEr :D

[Image: QsZ1vOb.jpeg]
[Image: lqfXIpe.jpeg]

goalie TPE doesnt matter has to be the motto of FHM

[Image: sobchak.png]

07-12-2024, 09:05 AMChevy Wrote: Goalies:

Goalies are probably the easiest to be honest.  In the FHM manual it basically tells you exactly what attributes make the most difference in making the save:  Positioning, Rebound Control, Reflexes & Recovery.  After that, Mental Toughness and Stamina are important as MT will keep you from getting pulled (usually) and especially if you are a starter, Stamina works the same way as the stamina for a skater.  After that, Blocker, Glove and Low will determine the QUALITY of your save attempts in those areas.  Then if you want to start getting fancy, effective passing & poke check (poke for help on those breakaways).   

I find the jury is still out on things like puckhandling and skating so YMMV on those, however from watching through hundreds of hours of sims and streams, as many times as I've seen the goalie outside of the crease puckhandling might start being more important.

Though, of course, if you ask some people:  GoAlIe TpE DoEsN't MaTtEr :D

This is exactly what I tell every goalie that comes to me for advice. While I'm not a goalie tpe doomer, it's definitely true that goalies impact the sim significantly less than skaters do, and I think good goalie builds are less about creating an all-star goalie (your team and a lot of luck go into that) and more about avoiding problems. You can't make a good goalie with build alone, but you can certainly make a bad one.

[Image: RAmenAmen.gif]
sig credit: Ragnar, Sulovilen, Enigmatic, Bayley
[Image: kcP9WEd.png] [Image: DNLeeu0.png] [Image: DKMMlC3.png]
[Image: RAmenAmenPride.gif]