Create Account

(GRADED) Deep Dive 1: The Tampa Bay Barracuda
(This post was last modified: 06-22-2024, 01:54 PM by Scrufdaddy. Edited 2 times in total.)

The Tampa Bay Barracuda have been piloted by one of the best General Managers I've dealt with in a long time, @hockeyiscool. Outside of what a dope General Manager he is, He's been able to get The Tampa Bay Barracuda rolling, and you can tell so by just looking at the team. Their average TPE alone, is actually not as good as you would have thought, but I do believe there are a few reasons behind that. Firstly, their Defensive TPE Average is 1344, which ranks 7th in the league, but if you remove Unspeakable Horror from that list (Who sits at 675 TPE mind you), boosts them from 1344 to 1498, which would place them 5th in the league. That's quite a strong defense. Their Forwards are 8th in the league right now, sitting at 1383 average TPE, which is middle of the pack, but you can't be too disappointed at that. Having their backup goalie at 838 TPE also helps, as their starter, Tibuk Soonika sits at 1789, so the Goalie line is actually pretty well, as well, sitting at 7th in Average TPE. On TPE alone, you can see this team competing for a top 5 finish, especially if the lines and strategies are set to what the team is great at.

Let's be honest though, you can't just look at the TPE numbers and think of how well the team will or will not do. You have to look at the users as well, while they don't impact the sim, they DO impact the league in many different ways, and in turn can make or break your locker room, which also shows how well or not well the team is doing. In my personal opinion, the Tampa Bay Barracuda have quite the strong locker room, with such great users like @trella, @Fitted2106, and @AgentSmith630. Those three users I've had the privilege to know for quite some time now and they can really carry a Locker Room when you need them the most. They bring in the activity, and they bring up the spirits when you really need them. Something I've learned since I've been in sim leagues since 2017, Activity breeds activity, and when you got an active and jumping locker room, the results will eventually come along with them, only due to the fact you got everyone working hard towards one goal, which is to win, and win as a group that you have fought hard with for a long time.

Overall, the Tampa Bay Barracuda, especially this year, have gone above and beyond in terms of continuing to grind and earn their way, respectfully to some great average TPE in the league, and with Dwight at the helm as a General Manager, and with some great users he's drafted, you can't help but believe that this team has the rhyme and reason to go all the way and win titles, and be in the hunt for the foreseeable future. If I was a betting man, my money would easily be on what Tampa Bay has done, and without a doubt they are in for a deep run in the playoffs.

(538 words)

[Image: petrov2.png]
[Image: muford_hof_sig.png]

Muford GOAT

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

LETS FUCKING GO

[Image: Fitted_3.png]

2x 4Star Cup Champ s49 s50

1x commissioners excellence award s 50

@Muford  Barracuda Heart Barracuda Heart

[Image: AgentSmith630.gif]
Thanks to @sulovilen, @the5urreal, and @sve7en for the sigs!
[Image: mf7ERAf.png]

Approved @Muford @CptSquall

[Image: scrufdaddy2.gif]
credit to Flappy, ToeDragon, and Carpy

Patriotes Stars Panthers Platoon Specters Platoon Panthers Specters Aurora Jets Usa Scarecrows

[Image: Tqabyfh.png][Image: UDyqktK.png][Image: 1DL5JDX.png]