Create Account

(GRADED)Deep Dive #2: Career of Lias Ekholm-Gunnarsson
(This post was last modified: 07-06-2024, 09:24 AM by CptSquall. Edited 1 time in total.)

[Image: CLVLeFp.png]

Another amazing player in the S63 draft was Lias Ekholm-Gunnarsson. Not only a great player but a great user as well. Transformed herself from a good player into one of the key users of the site. Helping run the league as smoothly as possible. And running a lot of the cool events in the SHL like the charity events among others. Unfortunately, unlike Ivan Lacksamus, Lias’s career started a bit before FHM8, so we do not have 10 games on the boxscores. But we do have the rest of them! And as she crossed the 1000 point club, why not highlight her career!

The 1st OA draft pick in the S63 draft class, Lias was primed for success. For Winnipeg, they have just blown it all up the season prior. Getting a ton of up and coming players. For Lias, this is great news as she gets to come into a team on the up and up. Unfortunately for her, team success might be snake bitten.

Starting off at the end of the S65 season, playing 10 games at the end of the season. Scoring 3 goals and 1 assist for 4 points. Those are the games the graph does not chart. After that however, Lias started to be a great player. S66, her rookie season she scored 52 points. Then in S67 & S68 went back to back 57 points in those seasons. Mostly a 5v5 even strength player, Lias did not even get a lick of power play time. Even in S69, as Lis scored a career high 38 goals and first season at a PPG pace at 69 points. Lias was primed to break out.

And S70 was that chance. Finally Gettting both PP1 and PK1 time, replacing Hefeweizen for the 1C spot on the PP and PK. breaking out almost doubling the points in the previous season. Scoring 51 goals and 79 assists for 1340 points. The highest in her career. 3rd in the league in points that season, earning the Aidan Richan award for most improved and the 2nd all star team.

S71 Gunnarson led the league in points that season, and tied for most goals that season. Earning the McDonald and Karpotsov award for most wins and points that season. 1st all star team and a Ron Mexico nomination, losing to Evil Allbran that season. However, Lias did win the Sarmad Khan for player voted MVP. Lias also was nominated for the Anton razov for playoff MVP.

This didn't come without heartbreak though. In S69, S70, and now S71 Winnipeg has lost in the finals in B2B2B seasons. Finally, in S72 Winnipeg had come out on top. And Lias was a key contributor to that. In the regular season Lias had another point season, getting 116 points in the regular season. Good for 5th in the league in points. Getting 2nd all star team. More importantly however, she finally won her first cup! And with that, lead Winnipeg in points in the playoffs with 32. Good for an Anton Razov win!

S73 Lias had her final 100+ point season. Scoring 125 points that season. Her 4th consecutive 100+ point season. Then after that things began to fell off a bit. Only scoring 63 points in 66 games, first time under a PPG since S58.

Had a bounceback however in S75 with a 37 goal, 72 point season. Then in S76 had one last burst of energy, scoring 40 goals and 96 points. So close to another 100 point season. Then finally this season, in 49 games scored 52 points. This season finally reached the 1000 point club. I think the 2nd or 3rd fastest player to reach that achievement.

Congrats to Lias! I would have written longer after the S73 season, but I’ve reached my 500 word mark for TPE. So I ran out of steam.

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

IT ME

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

Approved @luke

[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: CptSquall.gif]