Create Account

S77 DFA Bounty #3 - The Future GRADED

Playoffs are still going on, and we're at our third DFA bounty of the season:

With playoff hockey going on in the league, you can feel the excitement in the air and your draft, the real start of your SMJHL career, coming closer. It makes you wonder where this could all lead to eventually.

Written Option:  What are your goals in the leagues? Long term, mid term, short term; what are you hoping to accomplish with your player, or hoping to find on the teams you join. Are you looking for individual success, and maybe even a HoF induction, or will you focus on team success? (250 words min.)

Graphic Option: Create a hockeycard for your player, including at least your render, name and the logo of an SHL team you could see yourself playing for.

Reward: $500,000, for doing one of the options.

Only current SMJHL Draftable Free Agents (S78 SMJHL Draftees, SHL class of S79) are eligible for this bounty.

Deadline: Sunday, June 21st at 11:59 PST.

[Image: puolivalmiste2.gif]
Sigs by @Carpy48, @Nokazoa and me

My goal here is a have a damn good time and kicking some ass while taking names! Currently, I cannot say my commitment here will be long as I am getting a feel for the community. Maybe it will work or maybe it won’t… who knows what the future holds. I do want my character to accomplish something in their ice time. Too much investment and work to do if I don’t get anything in then end. Teams come and go as we all work together for an end goal but in the end! We all want personal recognition right? Do I have a team that I want to play for? Mostly likely one of the winning teams in the league. Is hall of fame even possible juniors? How does one get awards and stuff on here anyway.

Why does this need to be 250 words?

I am looking to motivate myself to get more TPE into my player this time around. I sort of mid-earned for a bit with my old player but then tapered off at the end as the workload for all my sim leagues just became too much but now I can manage my workload better and I feel like I want to get as many TPE as possible. I don’t want to overload myself so I’m not going to make any promises to max earn but I definitely will try my best to do all the tasks that I can do and I’ll see if I can get a job that’s not too taxing on my schedule to at least buy equipment. I plan to do Chirper so I can pay for weekly training. My goal is to beat the TPE amount that I got for my old player Newman and my goals in the league are to get as many points as I can but I look for team success first and foremost. I look to put myself in the best position to succeed but if that sacrifices team success, I won’t go that route. I look for good locker rooms that have activity and it doesn’t have to be the most amount but it can’t be totally quiet either. I want a team with people that know how to build wingers very well because I myself am not the best hockey strategist so I’ll definitely need guidance on where to put my TPE.

[Image: Mumei-NOLA-Card.png]

[Image: euPeo5t.png]
[Image: 7361srC.png]

Junior Hockey Weekly

SMJHL Draft Combine Special
Aired July 19, 2024 - 19:00 ET

TRANSCRIPT EXCERPT - [19:27:07]

JODIE KOURTIS, JHW: Barcus, what are your goals for the upcoming season?

BARCUS JUNEAU: Well, first of all, I'm really just hoping to get drafted into the J. The last few days have been crazy. There are so many amazing players here. A few familiar faces from the M. But, man, these guys are just cream of the crop, and I'm just trying to keep up, you know? My agent says I have a good chance to go in the first couple of rounds, and if it happens, I wanna show that I can make it in the J. If I can get a regular shift, play every game, help the team go on a run in the playoffs, that'd be awesome. I just wanna keep improving.

JODIE KOURTIS, JHW: Where do you see yourself in five years, or ten years?

BARCUS JUNEAU: Yeah, I try not to think about that too much. Don't wanna lose focus on the work I'm doing now. I'm just trying to get better and better, and set myself up for whatever comes my way. But I guess if I had to think about it, it'd be pretty cool to make it to the North Stars some day, you know? Maybe win a Challenge Cup?  [laughs] My name on the same Cup as Adam Barron? Yeah, that'd be pretty awesome. My dad'd go nuts!

JODIE KOURTIS, JHW: Can you see yourself playing for Canada some day?

BARCUS JUNEAU: Oh for sure, if I had the chance. I can only guess what it'd feel like, but I figure putting on the Maple Leaf would be one of the greatest honours. Canada's home, right? But we're so stacked, I'm not sure I'll ever be good enough to make it. But yeah, maybe if I work hard enough, some day I'll help get a Gold for Canada.

JODIE KOURTIS, JHW: Thanks for your time Barcus, and best of luck next week.

[Image: Uy7TeEn.jpeg]

I still have not really figured out what any of my goals are short term, long term, or otherwise. I joined the SHL at the request of a good friend and have absolutely zero knowledge of anything hockey related. I am still trying to get my bearings in regards to the SHL servers and culture. The best I can say for my current goals are that I want to have a good time and try to meet some new people who I can vibe with. It is a bit out of my comfort zone, I usually do not go out and try to meet new people, it is just not really my thing. Even in servers that I am in I tend to lurk and not really say much. I do know what I wish to do with my player Jauhnne Hawky. Mechanically, he is going to be an all rounder, literally every skill with the exception of having a much higher stamina. He is not the best at anything but he is always ready to play for the team. He is not meant to be the star player, just one the team can always count on. Personality wise, he is just a guy who really likes to play some hockey, he is just happy he gets the chance to play at at this level. Just a chill dude who has got your back, in game and out of it.