Create Account

[VSN] Midnight Hour

Mumei wasn’t surprised by the result but the feeling of not getting the 4 Star cup was painful. Her Regina Elk were bounced in the conference finals by the Vancouver Whalers in a 4 game sweep. But this was also bittersweet, as she had received the honor of being not only the final Elk signed in franchise history, but the final one to set foot on the piss ice. The team was bound for the shores of Thunder Bay.

As for Nanashi Mumei, she was only brought in as a DFA, meaning that the Midnight Hour had arrived in Mumei’s head, a sense of fear and nervousness of what’s on the horizon, as she fears anything that could hinder her chances at success. But, she got a surprise when she received mail from the Canadian Hockey Federation. It was an invitation to join their Red team in the upcoming World Junior Championships, in which she graciously accepted.

She then decided to reflect on her few weeks in Regina.

"I finished with 8 points in 16 games played, including getting my first career goal in the J in Game 3 of the conference finals. I also did this as a two way center playing defense."

She also started getting some scouting questions from other J teams. And some of the questions looked like this:

They mainly focused on the past life of Mumei..

"Hey! You seem like an established member of this community. What made you recreate at this point with still 1000 tpe?"

"So, you are an active member in this league. How do you see the LR that you'll join as a DFA? Do you think you'll be active in there? Do you know anyone in [REDACTED]?"

"What made you want to retire [REDACTED] and give this a new shot?"

"You had point/goal/assists objectives you wannted to hit?"

"What kind of player do you wish to make? Do you have an IRL player you're drawing inspiration from?"

"Have you considered what kind of locker room/team environnement you wish to find yourself in?"

"We obviously have a lot to do with the team in setting it up for success. How would you feel being on an expansion team and do you think you could help with its development? If so, how?"

"Do you have any interest in helping the team with scouting/coaching/management ?"

Mumei definitely seems to be in high demand in the upcoming SMJHL draft.

"I don’t like name dropping people, so I often place [REDACTED] over team and GM names in order to keep some form of kayfabe in my quest for glory".

Please look forward to Mumei’s journeys in the WJC and the J draft within the next few weeks.

[Image: euPeo5t.png]
[Image: 7361srC.png]