Create Account

S7 Steelhawks 1091 words + 4 pics. gimme my $$$

The Hamilton Steelhawks

After having one of the best drafts this year and acquiring some talent to fill in spots from last season the Hamilton Steelhawks will be fighting for a place in the playoffs this season. With a draft consisting of soon to be greats, Anton Wagner, Jamie Rose, Lange, Tim Viola and GP Amodio, the Steelhawks feel they have filled up enough holes to have a good season and prove critics wrong.

Now an individual look on each player on the roster and how they can contribute to the team.

Centers

Peter Iannitelli

Finished second in scoring for the Steelhawks last season with 19G and 33A. He’s a great 1st line center and will probably have another great year this season playing alongside Raymond Lindsay and Audun Wissink. He will be very important for the Hawks this season so another 50+ point season will be needed but also expected. He’s a very underrated player in this league as you probably have heard nothing about a 50+ point season from him but it will be players like him, Lindsay and Martucci that will be the difference on if the Hawks will make the playoffs or not.

Jamie Rose

Having a great Junior season finishing off with 39P in a 40 game season was great for her especially being a grinder and not someone you would expect nearly a point a game from. She was a great pick at 10th overall and will help significantly on the PK where the Hawks have had some problems. A 20+ point season would be expected from her and she will do fine. As long as she is helping out on defence and smashing a few people around she will be a great addition to the team.

Aaron Brown

Acquired in the deal sending Brind’Amour to the Platoon. Brown will be at best a 3rd line center for the Hawks but that doesn’t mean he won’t be useful. He’s very attack minded so he may get some PP time. Probably the playmaker and scorer on the 3rd line expect Brown to have a decent season.

GP Amodio

Finishing off the year with 24P split with 12G and 12A for the Kelowna Knights. Will most likely start the year off as the 4th line center but that doesn’t mean is expectation level will be diminished. The 20th overall pick in this year's draft will fit great on the 4th line and expect some points from him.

Left Wingers

Audun Wissink

Not a great season by Wissink finishing off with 8G and 7A but he's not on the first line for points. You can pretty much classify him as Iannitelli and Lindsay's "puck collector". Smashing bodies everywhere to get the puck to either Iannitelli or Lindsay and next thing you know it's in the net. This will be a great season for Wissink and I think he will get a 20+point season with 100+hits.

Anton Wagner

Drafted 4th overall by the Hawks Wagner did not have the greatest of NWJHL seasons with 12G -9A -21P. But during the playoffs Wagner became Mr. Clutch with 10G -1A. Wagner will be a great addition to the Hawks' second line and expect him to play just like in the playoffs especially if he is alongside the great Roberto Martucci.
[Image: 2vcevro.jpg]
Wagner turning on beast mode during a NWJHL playoff game

Brenden Gibbon

A very good season by Gibbon will see him once again on the 3rd line doing what he does best, going up and down the ice. Expect a similar season from Gibbon. (10+points)

Right Wingers

Raymond Lindsay

The great and underrated Mr. Lindsay. Having a great season with 55P leading the Hawks. Lindsay will easily be running the 1st line again and a similar season will be expected. Players on the Hawks such as Lindsay will be the difference on if the Hawks are able to make the playoffs or not so a similar if not greater season will be needed and greeted with open arms.
[Image: 2uix8go.jpg]
Raymond Lindsay after scoring 1 of his 26 goals

Roberto Martucci

Martucci had a great season finishing with 22G and 21A. Many have been doubting if Martucci is a superstar player in the SHL and this may very be the season that proves so. With many departures from the Hawks roster a huge season will be needed from him. Lining up with Rose and Wagner the Hawks hope that a grinder can have the same effect on the second line that it does on the first. In which case a 50+ point season from Martucci will prove doubters wrong and he will be a superstar in the SHL.

Defensemen

Kevin Lebacon

Lebacon had a decent rookie season having 2G and 12A. He will be the top defensemen for the Hawks this season and expect great things from him. Lebacon is the type of defensemen you love to have on your team but hate to play against he isn't afraid to throw his weight around. He is another player that is very important for the Hawks so a great season will be needed from him.

Michael Astorino

Scrub. Can't score. Should retire.

Kyler Lange

Great addition to the Hawks blue line. An offensive defence when who can dish out the puck beautifully. Will be extremely useful in odd man rushes to make the breakout pass. Having a good season with 14P and in the NWJHL Finals at the moment. Lange will help the defence significantly in offensive and defensive aspects.
[Image: 99dnxc.jpg]
Lange starting a rush

Tim Viola

Another great addition to the blue line. Viola is somewhat the opposite of Lange in that he throws his weight around ad isn't afraid to knock someone out of his way. Viola should have a great year on the second defensive line and also will help out on the PK where the Hawks have had problems.
[Image: 2h3zmnp.jpg]
Viola stirring shit

Goaltender

Tom Corcoran

Tom didn't have the best rookie season but joining a team that has lost many great players it was pretty much obvious he would have a tough year. With the addition of some new defensemen via draft, he should have it a little easier this season but will also be a major factor on if the Hawks make the playoffs or not.

With this team the Hawks feel that they have a good chance at squeezing into the 3rd spot in the East and find their way into the playoffs. There is no question that they have enough talent and will to make it. If everything goes right and everyone has a great year they will be sure to find their way into the playoffs. But Michael Astorino is a scrub though.

sexy team especially that asto fellow

Former
SHL Head Commissioner S12ish-S27ish
GM Dragons S8 & S9 (Won cups both years)
2x GM Of The Year
5 Time Cup Winner
League MVP

Past Players
[Image: HOF2.png] D - Aidan Richan - [Image: HOF2.png] (S5 11th Overall) Dragons
[Image: HOF2.png] C - Chico Salmon - [Image: HOF2.png] (S17 1st overall)  Renegades

Current Player
D - Chico Smeb (S46)

SMJHL - Drafted 65th Overall by Raptors
SHL - Drafted 23rd Overall by Dragons

Quote:Originally posted by xDParK@Jan 3 2012, 09:42 PM
sexy team especially that asto fellow
how u read so fast

Quote:Originally posted by astorino@Jan 3 2012, 10:43 PM

how u read so fast
tl;dr

Former
SHL Head Commissioner S12ish-S27ish
GM Dragons S8 & S9 (Won cups both years)
2x GM Of The Year
5 Time Cup Winner
League MVP

Past Players
[Image: HOF2.png] D - Aidan Richan - [Image: HOF2.png] (S5 11th Overall) Dragons
[Image: HOF2.png] C - Chico Salmon - [Image: HOF2.png] (S17 1st overall)  Renegades

Current Player
D - Chico Smeb (S46)

SMJHL - Drafted 65th Overall by Raptors
SHL - Drafted 23rd Overall by Dragons

Ilike

[Image: 17307_s.gif]

StarsnorwayRenegades // PLAYER PAGE || UPDATES \\ RenegadesnorwayStars

Quote:Originally posted by astorino@Jan 3 2012, 09:43 PM

how u read so fast
Yeah our cologne really killed us last year

Really nice article, I'm lookin' to surpass your predictions by quite a bit really.

Andren Akerson (Present)
Adrik Baranov (S55 to S70)
Rurik Razin (S32 to S44)
Roy Razin (S17 to S32) (HOF/Rage HOF)
Audun Wissink (S5 to S15)

Hey my season was not decent, it was pretty good. You just put my offensive numbers (which are not far from yours even if I did not have PP time) :ph34r:

Good read anyway Cheers

Quote:Originally posted by kebrik@Jan 3 2012, 11:45 PM
Hey my season was not decent, it was pretty good. You just put my offensive numbers (which are not far from yours even if I did not have PP time) :ph34r:

Good read anyway  Cheers
ya but i dont like u

Quote:Originally posted by astorino@Jan 3 2012, 11:51 PM

ya but i dont like u

yeah I noticed that :lol:

but me I like u :wub:

Quote:Originally posted by kebrik@Jan 3 2012, 11:55 PM

yeah I noticed that  :lol:

but me I like u  :wub:
ok i like u a bit Smile

Quote:Originally posted by astorino@Jan 3 2012, 11:57 PM

ok i like u a bit Smile