Create Account

HUGE MOCK DRAFT

Alright, not really *huge*, or as huge as it was supposed to be but here it is Tongue

____________________________________________________________________________________

Hello everyone and welcome to Episode 12 of The Show!!! In this episode we are going to be previewing tonight’s draft and I have a special guest with me tonight, everyone welcome, from the panel at TSN… Bob McKenzie!!!! Thanks for being here Bob! *Bob says some generic Bob response*

We are going to preview the first two rounds and will each pick what prospect we believe will be picked in each spot. There’s going to be a lot of risers and fallers so this is an especially tough draft to predict but I think we’ve both done our research and are ready to go. So without further ado…

<div align="center">THE JORDAN NUGENT-HALL AND BOB MCKENZIE MOCK DRAFT</div>

At first overall, the Kelowna Knights won the lottery but sadly last year they traded away their first rounder to Montreal in return for defenseman Caleb Reay. The Montreal Impact have the first pick in the S10 NWJHL Entry Draft!

[Image: impact10.png]

Jordan: I think my pick may go against what a lot of people are thinking but here’s who I saw goes first overall. The first overall pick in this year’s draft will be none other than ROMAN SCHULTZ. He’s a solid defenseman and that will only make the Montreal Impact’s blue line stronger as they already have two strong send downs in Joel Westbrook and Chris Serpe. Some people may be against this pick as the Impact would need scoring but I believe with one other pick in this first round, offense will be readily available.

Bob: Interesting pick there Jordan and although at times it seems like Brandon Donini seems to be the unanimous 1st overall pick, I’m going to have to side with you and say the Montreal Impact are going to take Roman Schultz. This kids got heart and he’s got a great leadership mentality. You can tell from talking to the kid that he puts the team first and that is what these junior teams looking for. The juniors are only around for one year and you want only best quality guys around your team; Roman Schultz is definitely one hundred percent that guy.

At second overall, we have the Detroit Falcons picking. Detroit acquired this pick mere hours before tonight’s draft from the Prince George Firebirds who seem more than happy to move up a couple spots in the first round and grab a couple other picks from other rounds. Picking second overall, the Detroit Falcons.
[Image: nwjhlb11.png]

Jordan: I’m going to go ahead and shock everyone here. The consensus 1b pick in this draft seems to be Brandon Donini but I’m going to go ahead and say that he does not go second overall! Brandon is an amazing player but I think that the Detroit Falcons with the second overall pick are going to go ahead and take the amazing and beautiful, Emma Watson. She’s got fire in her eyes and you can tell just by watching her skate she’s going to be a great hockey player. Mentored by one of the great players to play this game, look for Emma to dominate the juniors this year and bring it right into the SHL in Season 11.

Bob: I think with the second overall pick, I’ve received some information and also believe that they are not going to take Brandon Donini! This may sound crazy to everyone and rightfully so, but I believe that with the second overall pick, the Detroit Falcons are going to select Emma Watson. She’s everything that you said Jordan and more. She’s obviously a very talented player and you can tell that quite easily by watching the fluidity with which she handles the puck. A lot of other people may not have her this high but I definitely believe that she will be one of the best juniors in the NWJHL this year.

Wow what surprising pick that was and now we are going to move onto to the Chicago Hitmen who have the 3rd overall pick in this year’s draft. They had the 1st overall pick last year but it sadly didn’t help them so we’ll see how their draft goes this year.
[Image: hitmen10.png]

Jordan: I think that the Hitmen will also pass on the talented Brandon Donini and pick another defenseman in the first round like they did last year. With the 3rd overall pick the Chicago Hitmen will select Benoit Fortescue. He’s a very talented defensive defenseman and was mentored by Kurtis Hunter, a player who was able to win the Four Star Cup last year before retiring. Benoit has a history with the Impact franchise through his mentor among other things which is why many have him going there at four, but this is a can’t miss prospect who I believe won’t make it past 3rd.

Bob: Wow, this has gone 3 picks and I’m going to have to side with Jordan again. I don’t like this one bit <_< With the third overall pick I believe that the Chicago Hitmen are going to take the defensively sound Benoit Fortescue. He is from Quebec and this guy shows us what it really means to play hockey and he goes out there and gives it his all every time his skates hit the ice. He’s got a great mentality towards the sport and he is a great guy on and off the ice which is why I don’t think he’s going to slip past the top 3 like Jordan said.

Hmm Brandon Donini still isn’t picked and we’re headed to the fourth overall pick which is currently held by the Montreal Impact who acquired it yesterday from the Vancouver Whalers. With the fourth overall pick, the Montreal Impact.

Jordan: This is where our mocks should somewhat return to normalcy. With the fourth overall pick the Montreal Impact are going to take the big faller of this draft and select Brandon Donini. This guy is THE talent of the draft and has let it be known to others that his preferred destination in Montreal Impact. Brandon is a can’t miss prospect and makes Montreal an immediate Four Star Cup challenger. Montreal now has Smirnov Light, Roman Schultz, Joel Westbrook, Chris Serpe, Corey Tripp and Fabian Fuhrberg and we’re only 4 picks into this draft!

Bob: I’m going to sadly once again side with Jordan here. It is going to shock a lot of people that Brandon fell this far but the Impact are definitely going to snag this guy right up. Brandon has got some slick moves and can play a nice two way game making him a prospect that is turning heads. He played very well in the Olympics for Team Italy, an honour that usually isn’t placed upon a prospect, but that proves the kind of player this guy is. He’s going to be a star in this league this year and I’m going to go right out there and say he reminds me of Ivo Willems. Just think about last year and having Haan and Willems on one team, that is the Impact for this year.

Alright we are on to the fifth overall pick and here is where things are about to get shaky as anyone can be taken anywhere at this point. With the fifth overall pick, we have the Prince George Firebirds who acquired it just under an hour ago from the Detroit Falcons.

[Image: pgf10.png]

Jordan: At the fifth overall pick we’ve got a bunch of prospects that could all turn out to be really great players this year which is why this pick is so tough. I had this guy slated 4th overall earlier but with recent developments I believe that the Prince George Firebirds are going to select Dave Smith. He, like Donini played in the Olympics and also did quite well for a prospect. He’s a talented prospect and I certainly believe he has the talent to prove to a lot of people he could very well have been a top 3 pick.

Bob: For the first time this draft I’m going to have to disagree with Jordan and I’m going to say that the Detroit Falcons would take a great prospect. With the fifth overall pick, the Detroit Falcons select Alicia Keys. She and Emma Watson are great friends, but Alicia seems to be the underdog of the two and that could fuel her fire and we could see her light it up out there. She’s a talented player with some nice skating and could fit very well on the Detroit Falcons.

At the sixth overall pick we have the Vancouver Whalers who acquired this pick from the Montreal Impact who moved up to fourth in this draft. Picking sixth overall, the Vancouver Whalers.

[Image: nwjhlb10.png]

Jordan: With the 6th overall pick in this year’s draft I think the Vancouver Whalers will take a skilled prospect that may go a pick earlier to the Detroit Falcons. I personally believe that they would select none other than Alicia Keys. She was mentored by former SHL great Sarmad Khan and I think that she definitely has some real potential. Alicia could prove to a lot of people that she is more than a singer.

Bob: With the 6th overall pick I’m going to say that the Vancouver Whalers are going to take a very talented scoring forward in Dave Smith. He’s always been ranked by me around this range and this is where he will probably fall. He’s got a great all around game and I believe that Dave has what it takes to be one of the best players in the NWJHL this year. Dave Smith seems like he’d be a great fit in the Whalers organization and is the kind of player they like over there.

With the first pick of the second round, the Impact will take to the stage. They’ve already selected to powerful players in Roman Schultz and Brandon Donini so they look to add to their plethora of talent. With the 7th overall pick, the Montreal Impact.

Jordan: I think that with the first pick in the second round the Montreal Impact are going to take a chance on a guy who just surfaced as a new prospect around the NWJHL. With the seventh overall pick the Montreal Impact will select Cezar Jr. The son of SHL great Waldo Cezar, he is already turning heads after he declared for the draft mere days before it! Although he isn’t well known, his father is and based on some scouting reports I have heard, Cezar could definitely end up being the steal of this year’s draft and we are only at the 7th overall pick!

Bob: I disagree with you here Jordan and think that they are going to add to their talented crop of forwards by drafting a really good player. With the seventh overall pick, the Montreal Impact will select none other than Rehn Miller. He’s a very good prospect and if he pans out, the Montreal Impact will have an absolute powerhouse of a team that I don’t see any other NWJHL team being able to manage. Think last year’s Vancouver Whalers, but on steroids.

We’re up to the 8th overall pick in this year’s draft and it is going to start to speed up here. With the 8th overall pick we have the Detroit Falcons who are the defending Four Star Cup champions.

[Image: nwjhlb11.png]

Jordan: This part of the draft is where it starts to get tricky and I believe that the Falcons are going to go with a known prospect. With the 8th overall pick in this years draft, the Falcons are going to select Rehn Miller. He played for Team World and impressed many with his play and I think he may have caught the eye of the Falcons. He could very well go earlier that’s how good his skill is, but if Rehn Miller makes it here, don’t expect him to drop any further.

Bob: I’m going to say that the Falcons go out and take a goalie here. They’re the Falcons but they’re about to get a bit of cat in them. With the 8th overall pick in this year’s draft, the Falcons are going to select the Sex Panther, or swiss cheese as I like to call him, MIKE VERMINSKI. He is a talented netminder that has already shown a lot of dedication. Mike is a very good goaltender that if he keeps up this great work ethic, he could very well become the next Josef Heiss.

We’re now onto the 9th overall pick which is held by the Vancouver Whalers. They have to forfeit this pick as a result of Simo Hayha also being their GM. So I’m pretty sure I can speak for both Jordan and Bob when I say that with the 9th overall pick, the Vancouver Whalers will select Simo Hayha.

We’re now at the 10th overall pick of the S10 NWJHL Draft and with only 3 picks left in the first two rounds, the Kelowna Knights step up to the platform to make their first selection of the draft. With the 10th overall pick, the Kelowna Knights.

[Image: knight10.png]

Jordan: I think that since they were guided by the steady hand of Edwin Ask, they’re going to go with a goalie right from the start this year and select Cyan Winters. He is a very good goaltender who plays a smooth style of goaltending and that is going to attract a lot of teams. Cyan is a goaltender that is turning a lot of heads with his solid work ethic and will be a very good goalie if they keep it up.

Bob: I think that they are going to go with a known prospect and select Kaspar Abraham. He is a very talented prospect that has been said by many to go as high as first round which will surprise a lot of people due to him dropping down to here. If he can keep his good determination, he will contend to be THE STEAL of this year’s draft.

Second last pick of the second round and at 11th overall we have the Prince George Firebirds stepping up to the podium to make their selection. They’ve gotten a very good player already and look to add to it.

[Image: pgf10.png]

Jordan: With their last selection in the first two rounds, the Prince George Firebirds will select Oliver Harris. He was mentored by SHL player Swifte Schneider and could very well turn out to be a star in the NWJHL this season. This kid definitely has potential and if he pans out he could prove to a lot of people he should have been a top 5 pick in this year’s draft.

Bob: With the 11th overall pick in the NWJHL Draft, the Prince George Firebirds are going to select Shawn Swerin. They already have a send down in Edwin Ask and they need some forwards so here comes Shawn Swerin. He is a noted tough guy with a scoring touch and he will make this team very proud on the ice and can give his team a nice momentum swing through a variety of plays.

And finally now, we have the last selection of the first two rounds of this year’s NWJHL S10 Draft and it belongs to the Kelowna Knights. With the 12th overall pick, the Kelowna Knights.

[Image: knight10.png]

Jordan: I think that the Knights are going to select a very underrated player in Kaspar Abraham. He has flown under the radar but I think a lot of people have seen definite first round potential in this guy and could very well be a great steal for the Kelowna Knights. Kaspar has a great hockey IQ and being the 12th overall pick may benefit him by persuading him to work harder to prove a lot of people wrong.

Bob: I believe that the Knight’s will select a goaltender here and that goaltender is Cyan Winters. Jordan pointed it out earlier and Cyan plays a nice smooth style of goaltending and will in my opinion be an allstar goaltender this year in the NWJHL. Last year they had Edwin Ask but move aside Edwin because here comes the next big thing in Kelowna, Cyan Winters!

That is going to wrap up our mock draft ladies and gentlemen, sorry for being a bit tardy but I’d like to thank you all for coming here.

*disclaimer* this is all for fun and anything can happen. I wish the best of luck to all prospects and look forward to watching you develop throughout the year.

Leave me a comment on what you think, see ya in the Green Room!

Until next time,

Stay Classy SHL Smile

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

You actually have to pay for the rights to use Bob Mac so you actually lose money by writing this.

[Image: huNeCNb.png]
Thank you OrbitingDeath! <3

Payment:

Gonna keep this as unbiased as possible, lemme know if you find these marks wrong/undeserving plz :lol:

Word Count: 2789
Professionalism/Thoroughness: 9/10
Interest: 9/10
Form: 9/10

Payment: 1.6 mil +200k = 1.8 mil

Quote:Originally posted by JmanPens19@Sep 24 2012, 09:04 PM
[b]Payment:

Gonna keep this as unbiased as possible, lemme know if you find these marks wrong/undeserving plz :lol:

Word Count: 2789
Professionalism/Thoroughness: 9/10
Interest: 9/10
Form: 9/10

Payment: 1.6 mil +200k = 1.8 mil[/b]
Well at least you got the first pick right. :lol:

Nice article Ilike

[Image: 0QGickG.png]

Riot Player Page Riot
Militia Update Page Militia

Quote:Originally posted by malcontentcapsfan@Sep 25 2012, 12:01 AM

Well at least you got the first pick right. :lol:

Nice article Ilike

Hey I did call cyan winters to the knights Wink and got Fortescue at 3 and smith at 6 4/24 Tongue You and Donini and Impact and Falcons fudged everything up. Good luck with the Impact this year bud, use the slogan proud

VIVE L'IMPACT!!!

Quote:Originally posted by JmanPens19@Sep 25 2012, 07:41 AM

Hey I did call cyan winters to the knights Wink and got Fortescue at 3 and smith at 6 4/24 Tongue&nbsp; You and Donini and Impact and Falcons fudged everything up.&nbsp; Good luck with the Impact this year bud, use the slogan proud

VIVE L'IMPACT!!!
Thanks for the well wishes. Wink

[Image: 0QGickG.png]

Riot Player Page Riot
Militia Update Page Militia