Create Account

Drahoslav Kovar hits the NWJHL From the Slovakian leagues

That's right folks. Texas Renegades player Sven Deiss, has announced his retirement unofficially, and doesn't plan to do so overly publicly. He sent in a quiet resignation slip and proceeded to try his hand at being a player agent.

Enter Drahoslav Kovar.

From the small town of Senec, Slovakia (population just over fifteen thousand) Drahoslav stands at 6'0'' 190 pounds, not an ideal height, but not an issue in any way.Kovar began his hockey playing career in Slovakia and has played in the same country throughout his career. Despite many trips to America and Canada for tournaments, he has never had the desire to switch over to "get used to" the smaller ice surface and develop quicker. Kovar has always been a strong advocate for development in his native nation of Slovakia. Last year, Drahoslav played for HKM Zvolen of the Slovak Extraliga, and was a pivot on the second line. Scoring at a torrid pace of 41 goals and 11 assists in 34 games, Kovar has clearly been shown as a sniper if ever there was one.

[Image: 6ir3gk.jpg]
Kovar surveying the ice in the offensive zone. Will he make his first pass of the season?

As any player Drahoslav has his strengths and weaknesses. A definite strength of Kovar's is his shot. His bread and butter is his ability to hit the twine after ripping a shot towards the net. A high velocity, quick release and accurate shot, look for Kovar to light up the NWJHL goalies this season. Kovar also possesses above average skating and puckhandling skills which help him get in an open lane to use his shot or make a deke and display his offensive abilities.

[Image: 4rez5x.jpg]
Kovar celebrating a goal after a rocket of a shot

Some weaknesses with Kovar are his obvious permiter play, his lack of defensive awareness and his endurance. While all these things could be worked on, it is imperative for Kovar to atleast improve his endurance if he wants to show he has SHL potential at all. No matter how good you are, if you can only take a 20 second shift once a period, you most certainly aren't going places.

[Image: 3461bgx.jpg]
Kovar playing on the permiter as usual

Kovar has arrived in the NWJHL at the advice of his agent and is looking for a team to call home. Any NWJHL can give him a call and he will be willing to consider lending his services to them.

Thanks,
Drahoslav Kovar, Left Winger.

Great to see you back on the site! Nice job on the article man.

Quote:Originally posted by Teztify@Sep 25 2012, 02:34 PM
Great to see you back on the site! Nice job on the article man.

Planning on actually making a player that I write about this time.

Hopefully Brandon (whatever my brother's account name is on here I forget :lol: ) helps me with my player

Editing this as there is as each team has a goalie.

Updated.

Quote:Originally posted by Malkinator@Sep 25 2012, 09:50 PM
Editing this as there is as each team has a goalie.
There's backup spots open Wink

[Image: TtSHTwn.png]

Player Page | Update Thread
[Image: VhDOEWm.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Ask@Sep 25 2012, 03:13 PM

There's backup spots open Wink

Decided I'd rather try a forward than a back-up Wink

Payment:

Word Count: 411
Thoroughness/Professionalism: 8/10
Interest: 8.5/10
Form: 9/10