Create Account

S12 CW: Deep Pockets

I would buy the Winnipeg Jets. They have a storied history in the SHL and an original 6 team. With still only one general manager in their whole history as well. They have many cups and lots of still very talented players. One reason. The 2nd reason. It's a Canadian team. Hockey is Canada's sport. If you go to one of their games, it's a sold out crowd no matter what!

[Image: 53381_s.gif]

[Image: 49370_s.gif]

[Image: uKp7Piy.png]

Code:
1. Team Canada , Benjamin Wong 1 (Jay McDonald) at 8:49
first ever Canadian Olympic goal

If I had a lot of money and could purchase an SHL team between either the Jets or the Chiefs, I'd choose to buy the Winnipeg Jets.

First, the Jets have a true franchise player and super star, and arguably the best goaltender ever in the league in Jon McBride. Not only is McBride currently one of the league's top goaltenders, but he still has a lot left in the tank, assuring the Jets will be competitive for a very, very long time. Every season he's there they have a chance to win the cup, and that will continue.

Second, many of the best players in SHL history have played for the Jets. They have the longest-serving GM in the league in Littleton, and much-needed continuity which is a rarity in the SHL with many teams changing GMs every other year it seems. The history is also amazing, with the likes of Damian Littleton, Jay McDonald, Ron Mexico, Jonathan Kane, Pavol Skvoznak, Sergei Karpotsov, among many others having suited up for the Jets and winning a championship there. On top of that, the Jets also have some future hall of famers currently on the roster, including Jordan Hall.

Finally, the Jets are built to win in the future as well as now, with many young players that will continue to develop into star players and carry the team. As older players exit, there are plenty of young players to step in and fill the holes, and I can see this team only improving.

I would purchase the Jets, and here's why:

1) Storied Franchise- Like the Red Wings in the NHL, the Jets are an original team that has had success, especially by winning the first ever championship. The great teams that they have iced is akin to the NHL's Montreal Canadiens.

2) The Crowd- Hockey is a business, so you need to make money. The success of this hockey team has built up a tremendous reservoir of supporters for the team. Not only are they supporters, but they are true, passionate hockey fans, and are not just flashy suits.

3) The current team- This team has dynasty written all over it, and I would get to help disman-... I mean build on it. With the great present day roster, and the future, young studs, this team is going to be a great one for years to come, and that kind of stability is rare and exceptional to have.

If I had to choose to buy their the Chiefs or the Jets, I would have to buy the Chiefs.

1. The Minnesota Chiefs are valued at a lot less than the Winnipeg Jets, and I believe that due to recent success and future prospects, that value is due to increase by a lot in the near future. I think that buying the Chiefs would provide me with the best return for my money.

2. Success. While the Jets have been one of the most successful franchises in the SHL, the Chiefs have won the same number of Challenge Cups despite playing four seasons less. They are also the reigning SHL champions, and their recent play is likely to attract a lot of fans to the team.

3. Depth of stars. The Jets have been led by Ron Mexico and John McBride for a long time, two players who will be first ballot HOFers. However, the Chiefs have had an absurd amount of great players suit up for them recently, all of whom are a big draw to crowds. Niclas Wastlund, Brandon Sawyer, Reggie Williams, Zach Miller, Pavol Skvoznak Anton Wagner, and more have been big draws for the team this year. The Chiefs have a history of creating teams with multiple stars and great depth, which is an exciting prospect for a potential owner.