Create Account

S16 Team Awards

In S16 The Hamilton Steelhawks didn't have a season, as expected out of them. They had a wonderful regular season but finishing behind the Toronto North Stars and the New England Wolfpack didn't sit well with them. As, the team feels that they could be one of the best teams in the league. In the post-season, where the steelhawks could of redeem their meh season. They stinked up the place even more, and maybe had one of their worse post-season performances in their history. Toronto had their number, put goals past Reimer, shut out star forwards winter,Hall, Willems,Mckeil from dominating.

Even though they had a poor post-season, there was some greta individual performances on this team, during the regular season and the post-season. Today we are going to celebrate on their successes and hope that they bring these performances and step it up an extra level.
[Image: TeamBarSteelhawks.png]

The first award is, the Tough Guy award. Which is given to the player that lead the team in Pims+Hits during the regular season. The Three Candidates are...

Jordan Hall
Matthew Ekblad
David Winter

The Winner is....

Jordan Hall, who lead the team in PIMs with 72 and HITs with 160 during the regular season. He showed that he is one of the toughest players in the league to play against on a nightly basis.

[Image: 134270739_slide.jpg]

The Next Award is the Top Scorer award. This given to the Steelhawk who got the most points this season.

The Winner is David Winter!!!!

David Winter, got 18 goals and a team leading 30 assists this season, it may not be his best season ever, but he lead this offence and was counted on for big goals every time he was on the ice.
[Image: feb-6-olympics-Martin-St.-Louis-Shootout.jpg]

Next up on the award list is the Locker room bitch award. This is given to the person, who is a bitch in the locker room and its....

Brandon Cant!!!!! he wins once again, the locker room bitch award. No one CANT be a bigger bitch than this guy. This isn't a surprise as Brandon Cant has won a couple of these in past years.
[Image: semin-slap-fight-o.gif]

The next award is the Media Presence+Dedication to the team award. THis award is given to the Member who shows the most in the Media, and his dedication to the team.

The winner is...

Jordan hall, he won Media Member of the Month in January as he wrote up a couple of large articles. He also is a candidate for this month as this is his fifth article that he is writing. He might be leaving this team next off-season but i think that is true since he has taken up the Co-GM position for the Steelhawks.

[Image: gym.jpg]
The Unsung Hero award. This trophy is given to the player, who is clutch when he is most needed, like to tie up the game or get that game winning goal. He is also an underrated player, that isn't well recognized around the league as a star player and isn't given the role on the team that he should.

The Winner is...

James Blaine, James is behind star forwards like Hall,Winter,Willems,Miller and Mckeil. He never gets the media recognition that he deserves. last season, he had 3 game winning goals and he had 2 game tying goals which is tied for most clutch goals on the steelhawks roster. He also had 1 first star performance and 3 second star performance. Blaine is going to take a larger role next season and I am very excited to see what he can do.
[Image: MAYDAY_92_93_WIPPERT.jpg]

The Next award is Post Whore award, This award is given to the member that posts the most inside the Hamilton Steelahwks Locker room, This past season the post whore award winner is.....

Roman Schultz

Schultz was often, posting around the steelhawks discussion thread and was the one often brining stuff to discuss. He is also a great guy to have in the locker-room. We are great to have such a character in the locker room.

[Image: man-whore_o_2145995.jpg]
The next award is the best defensemen award

The Candidates:
Roman Schultz
who lead the team in Points, Blocked shots and +/- on the back-end
Brandon Cant-
Our Power-play Quaterback, who lead the team with power-play points during the regular season. He also lead the defence in Minutes this season.
Matthew Ekblad-
He was physical defenders on our team and he was third in points.

The winner is....

Roman Schultz, Schultz was our top point producer on the back-end, blocking the most shots on our roster, having the best Goals for/ Goals against ratio on the team. This award is much earner for a player like Schultz.
[Image: PK-Subban1.jpg]

Now we have our Play-off MVP, This award if given to the play that was our Most valuable player during the post-season.

and the winner is...

David Winter, who was over point per game against the Toronto North Stars and was trying the hardest out of any our players up front as he got 2 blocked shot and was quite physical against the North Stars, he was an even player even though he got manhandled agains the North Stars. I think this was one of the easiest awards to give out.
[Image: jonathan_toews.jpg]

The Regular season MVP award, this award is given to the most valuable player during the regular season. This player was the guy that was most counted on in every situation.

The winner is...

David Winter, lead the team in points, +/- second in hits and among the leader for forwards for Blocked shots, He was an important player that played a 200 foot game and was important on the power-play and the Penalty Kill. Without this player we would not been the third best team last year.

[Image: alex-ovechkin-minus-more-teeth2.jpg]

This is the award ceremony for last season. we thank these players on their production last season and hopefully these guys reach a new level next season and their teammates as they go for the second challenge cup in this team's history next season.

992 words+ 10 pictures

[Image: hallsy.png]

Ilike

I think I deserve a plaque inscribed with my name and we should just re-name the award, The Cunt Award. B)

Exercise

Schultz = GOAT Bowdown

Thanks guys. I appreciate all the awards. Couldn't have done any of it without a great team around me. Steelhawks

[Image: 0QGickG.png]

Riot Player Page Riot
Militia Update Page Militia

Quote:Originally posted by malcontentcapsfan@Feb 22 2014, 05:44 PM
Exercise

Schultz = GOAT Bowdown

Thanks guys. I appreciate all the awards. Couldn't have done any of it without a great team around me. Steelhawks
Schultz is my bitch. :ph34r:

Cheers congrats boys!! Cheers

Yay, thank you Smile. And congrats to everyone else who won one as well!

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]