Create Account

Dragons time

1 week and then SHL new sixteenth season will begin. This preseason was very good , because in draft Calgary got Sniper - Matej Stransky and Nillson. Also there hapened one big trade with New England Wolfpack. Erik Lehner went to Wolpack , but we got Quentyn Blackfyre , who is young , talented defenseman , hes dragons future! Now in big league there will play S16 Draftees Roberts Birkavs and Janis Vitols. In two last seasons they played for Detroit Falcons , they said that Falcons time was very fun with nice teammates and good gm. this last season wasnt so good for both , but both players debut season was very good , because Falcons were in SMJHL finals , but there lost to Vancouver Whalers. That was very great play-off battle. There was players like Nikas Stryker , Jordin FourFour , Jamie Seguin and for Falcons played players like Brooklyn Carter , Janis Vitols and Roberts Birkavs. In this season Roberts Birkavs had only for 2 points more than in S15. Roberts said he cant do better , because this season his partner Brooklyn Carter played very weak , but in S15 Carter was one of the best snipers and Birkavs one of the best playmakers with 20 assists. Detroit went to the playoffs but Impact knocked them out in first round with result in series 4-0. Roberts got 3 assists , but dont scored any goals. Roberts said that his weakness realy are scoring goals. In two SMJHL seasons in 80 games he scored only 14 goals , its like 1 goal per 8 games , Roberts said that is terrible , but hes a playmaker and thats isnt really his job to score goals!

Roberts Birkavs opinions,expectations on new SHL season, it will be his debut season in big league, hes excited and cant wait to step on the ice for first time in SHL regular season.
Here are his expactations , opinions :

My goal is to help beat everyone to Calgary Dragons and win a cup. It has been too long for this franchise to dont win challenge cup , but i think its our year , because from draft we accquired Sniper Matej Stransky , traded for Quentyn Blackfyre and theres 2 strong rookies coming up this year - Birkavs and Vitols. I had an underwhelming rookie campaign but I am poised to see some serious improvement in this new season, i had very strong offseason , i become more active and now im around 315TP. I think that this season will be my most important, because if i will play good in my first season, then i think i will have bright future
I will score 10 goals and 15 assists for a total of 25 points. 2 of those goals will be on the powerplay and 2 on shorthanded. A respectable sophomore stats. I think my play will help Dragons and i know i will play in second line with Jesse Jacek Kix and Krists Zommers.
Another goal of mine is to become more of an all around player. I want to be a top forward hit machine in the league. I want to play in the penalty kill. I want to be the go to guy for the Dragons and one for young hockey fans to look up to. But really the biggest expectation is to help the Dragons make the playoffs and score double digit goals after two dissapointment full rookie seasons.

Thinking about this Dragons season i hope that we will be better team than last season, because from FA we got awesome dman with 900tp - Logan Valentine, getting him will improve our defensive core a lot. In defense we have Valentine,Labsvards,Smirnov, Lillais, Silinsh , Vitols and Blackfyre. Blackfyre we got from Wolfpack. I think that our defensive core is really good, because we have 2 very experienced players - Smirnov,Valentine and 5 youngsters, who will help these older players.

Offense have not really improved from last season,because Erik Lehner went to Wolfpack , Lehner was one of greatest Dragons players in this season playoffs, in draft we got Sniper Stransky who will still play in SMJHL this season. Now in SHL this season finally will play center,playmaker Roberts Birkavs who plAyed his last two seasons in Falcons, Dragons gm said that he will play in second line with Kix and Zommers. Big role in this season will be on Barkov shoulders.

In net Dragons still have experienced goalie Mikr Verminski and in backup position young,talented goalie Brick Wall who played like Wall in SMJHL PO.

I think this or next season will be Dragons year, because they have very good,depth team who can win everyone lf they really want that. In this season Dragons captain again will be Vladislav Smirnov, who is beast in defence and offence. Important thing to Dragons will be how will play Latvian mafia, if they play good , Dragons can do big things , if no.............

Good luck next season, thanks for reading this BullScheizeBanEize
Go Dragons Go!

Sorry for my language!

AWESOME BIRK!!

Your language is fine. Smile

[Image: 57879_s.gif]
[Image: 37742_s.gif]
[Image: jov7Yk9.png]

"“HA HA! THIS GAME WILL NEVER END! I POSSESS THE SOUL OF EVERY GOALIE ON TEAM B!! CREW 4 LIFE!! SIGN WITH EDMONTON FOR THE CUP!!!” cackled Belial as he placed a Fedora on his head."
SMJHL Commisioner S17-S26
Calgary Dragons GM S14-S23