Create Account

S18 Vancouver Whalers Combine

1. Why do you want to play for Vancouver?
I visited Vancouver in 2010 during the Olympics. I am an avid fan of fishing and I love the idea of camping in the Pacific Northwest during the offseason. It is a beautiful place and although I do not know a lot about the team located there, I am willing to brave the rain if it means seeing the Rocky mountains and smelling the Pacific Ocean every morning.

2. How active and committed will you be this season?
I really want to be active. Education has been a major commitment of mine and I am just finishing of my expedited degree. They may interfere with each other but I am willing to try hard to ensure I develop into the player I know I can be and help make Vancouver the best team in the league.

3. What type of player are you?
I am offensive minded with a knack for the saucer pass. Although I love to score, I am more willing to pass the puck if it means the puck eventually goes in the net. I know math, I can see the game through probabilities and the fact is, there is a greater likelihood of the puck going in the net when I use my skating to draw the defensemen to me and then pass to the man left alone than it would be if I did it all myself. My inspiration is Mikko Koivu.

4. Will you be active in the locker room?
Only if I get to choose the music. I will fight anybody who puts off my Miley-Time

5. Will you accept second line time if needed?
I will accept grinder fourth line minutes if need be. That being said, I am offensive and competitive. I want to win and I know I am better off in the offensive zone than I am in the defensive. I am also better at creating open ice and playing a board heavy game is something I need to work on in the big league.

6. How are you going to use your contract money?
Round for the boys on me! I also got an email of a Nigerian prince needing some help. I may fly myself out there and give him a helping hand. Teach a man to fish eh?

7. What will you be improving this season?
I have great vision, not a lot of size though. I can still be a better offensive player. Give it time.

8. Will you take constructive criticism to make your player that much better?
If it makes the team better. I do not care about how other see me and I do not step on the ice trying to be best friends with everybody. Thats what the locker room is about. If you tell me to change, tell my why and how to better my game and I will respect you.

9. Will you make the locker room enjoyable?
MILEY CYRUS ALL DAY LONG BABY!
10. Are you a ____________ (joking, serious, stupid) person
I am a silly individual but I have a switch. When it's game time, it's game time. When it's miley time, it's MILEY TIME!

11. Would you consider coming back down to Vancouver for another season?
My dream is to be in the league and I want to be a professional player. I will not ever make that goal shroud the current dream of winning with Vancouver
but I want to make tell 12 year old me that I did it.

12. Will you make the Whalers proud in the SHL?
You tell me at the end of this season.

13. And you agree to never ever, beat me in NHL 14 wink.gif
Yeah, I don't play video games. If I have spare time I am reading. But if i were to pick up NHL 14... I won't lose.

Quote:Originally posted by eQuilbrium@May 3 2014, 05:07 PM
I visited Vancouver in 2010 during the Olympics. I am an avid fan of fishing and I love the idea of camping in the Pacific Northwest during the offseason. It is a beautiful place and although I do not know a lot about the team located there, I am willing to brave the rain if it means seeing the Rocky mountains and smelling the Pacific Ocean every morning.

I really want to be active. Education has been a major commitment of mine and I am just finishing of my expedited degree. They may interfere with each other but I am willing to try hard to ensure I develop into the player I know I can be and help make Vancouver the best team in the league.

I am offensive minded with a knack for the saucer pass. Although I love to score, I am more willing to pass the puck if it means the puck eventually goes in the net. I know math, I can see the game through probabilities and the fact is, there is a greater likelihood of the puck going in the net when I use my skating to draw the defensemen to me and then pass to the man left alone than it would be if I did it all myself. My inspiration is Mikko Koivu.

Only if I get to choose the music. I will fight anybody who puts off my Miley-Time

5. Will you accept second line time if needed?
I will accept grinder fourth line minutes if need be. That being said, I am offensive and competitive. I want to win and I know I am better off in the offensive zone than I am in the defensive. I am also better at creating open ice and playing a board heavy game is something I need to work on in the big league.

Round for the boys on me!  I also got an email of a Nigerian prince needing some help. I may fly myself out there and give him a helping hand. Teach a man to fish eh?

I have great vision, not a lot of size though. I can still be a better offensive player. Give it time.

If it makes the team better. I do not care about how other see me and I do not step on the ice trying to be best friends with everybody. Thats what the locker room is about. If you tell me to change, tell my why and how to better my game and I will respect you.

MILEY CYRUS ALL DAY LONG BABY!
I am a silly individual but I have a switch. When it's game time, it's game time. When it's miley time, it's MILEY TIME!

My dream is to be in the league and I want to be a professional player. I will not ever make that goal shroud the current dream of winning with Vancouver
but I want to make tell 12 year old me that I did it.

You tell me at the end of this season.

13. And you agree to never ever, beat me in NHL 14 wink.gif
Yeah, I don't play video games. If I have spare time I am reading. But if i were to pick up NHL 14... I won't lose.

I love this guy already :lol:

Quote:Originally posted by coolstar87@May 3 2014, 07:35 AM

I'm happy to play anywhere, and vancouver's a terrific city

Very active, daily unless I am prevented

I am an offensive forward ©

Absolutely, I'm looking to engage with teammates to develop a winning culture

5. Will you accept second line time if needed? (Of course, it will not be for the whole season)

Whatever I need to do to help the team win, that's what I'm here primarily to do

I want to develop my defensive side of the game and my strength

My game on the defensive side of the puck to complement my offense

Of course, coaching is a huge part of developing a star

I like to keep a light attitude to maintain morale and chemistry

I'm a joking person who can gear down to achieve a task at hand

Certainly, my goal of course is the SHL, but not because I'm trying to escape junior

I will make them the envy of the SHL

13. And you agree to never ever, beat me in NHL 14 Wink

I DONT LOSE

To be remembered for playing on a goat team.
Very active and committed.
Hybrid Goalie.
Yes.
5. Will you accept second line time if needed? (Of course, it will not be for the whole season)
Well, I am a goalie so maybe.
To train.
My whole self.
Yes.
Maybe
Serious.
Yes.
Yes.
13. And you agree to never ever, beat me in NHL 14 Wink
Maybe.

Honestly, I don't. I don't want to complete burn the bridge but I have a few other teams I'd much rather play for.

Fairly active, whoever does drafts me will get my 100% commitment.

A team player.

Yes.

I would yeah, as long as I'm getting some playing time I don't mind.

Wasting it all on hookers. (Probably save it in the bank honestly.)

My main strengths I think but I'll be having a talk with the GM to see what benefits the team overall.

Yeah. I'm new as fuck to this so not taking advice would be retarded.

I'll try! :3

Serious but I like to have fun when the situation is acceptable.

Only a few places in USA and Canada appeal to me but if you draft me I won't complain. I just ultimately have more preferred places I'd like to go too. Sorry ;_;

Maybe.

13. And you agree to never ever, beat me in NHL 14

I haven't played an NHL game for years so no doubt if we played you'd win anyway :3