Create Account

Benson talks to the media pre-draft

Becoming ever popular with the media, David Benson takes the podium once again to field questions. Ask the star prospect questions about the SMJHL, Four Star Cup, SHL Draft, his career and personal life.

Hi-C
Interview Where do you see yourself going in the draft?
Tough question, it will depend on how things unfold and what teams' needs are. I'm thinking top 5 but anything can happen.

Interview Have you had any discussions with any SHL GMs?
Yes probably about half the league teams have made minimal contact with me. I've had some good conversation with a couple teams that are drafting in the top half about how I would fit in their organization. A lot of interest from teams so far, a bit overwhelming.

Interview Do you have any preference? Any teams that stand out to you as good destinations for yourself?
I have teams that stand out above others. In the end though I will give it 110% for whatever team uses a pick on me.

GCool
Interview What did being on a championship team teach you? Do you find your time in SMJHL more valuable because of the title?
Being on a championship team taught me the importance of teamwork and hard-work. And absolutely, the accomplishment of winning a title outweighs anything else I could have done in the SMJHL.

Jedi
Interview Would you like to return to Kelowna upon being drafted?
I think so. Unless I'm needed right away in the SHL I have ever intention of wanting to come back to Kelowna and help them go for another title

Interview Would you recommend Kelowna to other rookies as a place to begin their careers?
Absolutely. Doesn't mean much saying it since I've never been anywhere else, but I can't imagine being a part of any other locker room in the SMJHL. Kelowna is a fantastic organization and I feel like it's the people that are a part of it that kept me coming back to this site every day.

easymoneysniper
Interview Benson boy, how would you like to play with Knight?
Knight is a tremendous athlete and I'd love the opportunity to play with him if drafted to Texas. Playing against him all season was no easy task, lots of respect for this guy.

Ohtaay
Interview Would you prefer to go to a rebuilding shl team, and play a bigger role. Or go to a championship team and play a smaller role?
Truthfully I'm okay going to either team. Obviously more ice-time is appealing but the main thing is I want to help an organization win. If it's going to take a few years of rebuilding that's fine. If I'm playing 5 minutes a game and playing my heart out for it too that's fine.

Interview What parts of your game do you wanna improve on before going into the shl?
Mostly my strength and endurance. Faceoffs as well possibly. Going to be hitting the gym hard after a short break this offseason because I know it's a big step physically to get to the SHL. They hit harder, shoot harder and skate harder. I gotta do the same.

Interview Where do you see yourself going in the draft?

Interview Have you had any discussions with any SHL GMs?

Interview Do you have any preference? Any teams that stand out to you as good destinations for yourself?

Interview What did being on a championship team teach you? Do you find your time in SMJHL more valuable because of the title?

[Image: OaSEcaw]

Would you like to return to Kelowna upon being drafted?

Would you recommend Kelowna to other rookies as a place to begin their careers?

[Image: bXyuiQK.png?2]
Alucard,Apr 14 2016, 03:33 PM Wrote:May the harvest be with you, young spud.
enigmatic,Aug 26 2016, 10:05 AM Wrote:Jedi could have 1 TPE and still improve any team [Image: ashamed0001.gif]
[Image: uyTKBKH.png]
[Image: jSQTZY7.png]

First ever Norwegian IIHF Goal!!
Code:
2. Team Norway , Jackson Rodgers-Tanaka 1 (Isabella Esparza-Osvaldson, Aleksander Andrezjeck) at 5:50

Special Thanks to Count Chocula for the Hugo G sig <3

Benson boy, how would you like to play with Knight?

Bump. Couple more questions and I'll answer Smile

Would you prefer to go to a rebuilding shl team, and play a bigger role. Or go to a championship team and play a smaller role?

What parts of your game do you wanna improve on before going into the shl?

[Image: Oats.gif]

[Image: 401.png] [Image: S42cup1.png] [Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png][Image: WuTGq5J.png][Image: XUMDqMO.png]

Answered all for now.

Keeping this open until tomorrow for more questions before grading.

Forgot about this, please grade now.