Create Account

Bryce Collins Pre-Draft ramblings

<div align="center">[Image: Br_MOruCQAILjtr.jpg]

Draft day is always one of the most exciting times in a prospects life. Either he is going to be causing hell and giving the front office of the team a headache or make the front office elated at the chance to bring the prospect to their team. Either way, it is a hectic and stressful, but fun day in the life of everything involved. We caught up with one of the prospects going into this draft, Bryce Collins as he gets near to the 8:00 PM EST draft time.

Interview How is important is it for you to go No. 1 overall?
Going first in the draft isn't important for me at all. Whether I am first or Mr. Irrelevant, the goal is to succeed at the next level. I don't think that draft position really matters for anything other than a number and maybe salary and expectations. I think GMs and coaches what they are going to get from me and if they don't, then I might not be the best fit for their team. It's nice to have that history as a previous #1 overall pick as my agent, Michael Haan, has, but it is not important at all.

Interview Have you had a change to enjoy this whole experience or has it been overwhelming?
This draft has been a ton of fun. Last night, I got the chance to go out with some of my Scarecrows teammates who are also here and just enjoy the time. My parents made the trip from Massachusetts today and got in this morning, so I have been showing them around and letting them enjoy the time as I know it probably will be just as stressful for them as it is for me. You know, it is a lot to take in. This moment basically dictates my future. The draft process has been very easy for me going through it last year heading to St. Louis. Just as I get settled, I have to get up and move again. I think I just need to relax and that is exactly what I need to do up until the 8:00 PM time frame.

Interview What do you think you’ll bring to a franchise as far as marketability?
I honestly don't think I'll be that guy to put up on the billboards. But, I will be that guy who does more than just play on the ice. I want to be that guy in the locker room and in the community to really make a difference. I know I am a rookie and will be looking up to some of the older fellas, but I think I could be a mentor and bring some leadership into the locker room. I will definitely make my presence known in the locker room just like a lot of my teammates in St. Louis can vouch for.

Interview You hear that you’re the best playmaker in this draft and great winger. Is that a lot of added pressure for you?
I mean, yeah, but I really don't listen to anyone talking around the draft, because, quite frankly I could care less. Talk is cheap because they are not the person who has to strap on the skates and take a 100 MPH slapshot to the knee. Pressure is all about perspective. I don't really see any pressure to impress anyone. I have my goals and if I do not make those goals, I will need to make changes. I know what I need to do, not others telling me how I should be able to perform. The media can talk all they want, I won't be listening.

Interview What has this whole experience been like coming to Toronto and preparing for the biggest day of your life?
This experience has been awesome. I am just a small-town Massachusetts kid finally making it here and getting paid for something I love to do. Does anything get any better than that?

Interview Talk about the friendship you guys have in St. Louis, which is pretty rare...
I'm going to miss those guys. We had a lot of fun even though this season was definitely one in which we struggled. There were definitely a couple guys that stepped up and really mentored the guys who needed it and guys that kept their heads up even though we pretty much sucked this year. Butch is one crazy mo'fo', I hope we end up seeing each other at the next level. Jagr is going to be a fantastic player and he is surely going to be a top player of this draft. Urby is a guy that I surely will be talking to all the time if we don't end up in the same jersey tonight. Nitty is a guy that I saw as one of the leaders even if he wasn't on the team. He was always checking in with me and calling/texting to see if I needed anything. Great guy to have as a mentor. Satan, Muller are guys who also checked in. It's great to have guys like that and surely will keep in touch.

Interview Do you follow mock drafts?
NBA mock draft? Yeah, I think Okafor is going to be such a good player. Kaminsky being so low is crazy, Dawson is probably going to be a good player as well.

Interview No, the SHL Draft, people have you slated to Texas in the 1st round, any truth to that pick?
Texas is a great franchise, they have needs and if I fit their needs, I might be the ones they will pick.

Interview Well, that's certainly the most broad answer you can give.
You are welcome, I am off to relax before this draft. Thanks for the exposure. </div>

Quote:Words 954

[Image: huNeCNb.png]
Thank you OrbitingDeath! <3

Nice article mate Cheers GL tonight.

Quote:Originally posted by Joker5123@Mar 30 2015, 12:35 PM
Nice article mate Cheers GL tonight.
You too man, maybe we'll meet again Cheers

Ilike

Good luck at the draft!

Bust tbh

[Image: MaU5eKD.png]
[Image: kECK2tc.png]

Thanks everybody! Dymo Ranjan still makes me laugh every time.

Sweet article, brother. Whoever bags you in the draft is in for a bitchin' good time! Cheers