Create Account

McDavid Interview

McDavid will finish out Contract with the Jets before retiring as he was heavily considering retiring this season. He thinks that the team needs him right now this season to try to win a challenge cup due to Lauris Prikulis retirement and doesn’t want to weaken the blow to the team in losing their star #1 goalie and their top six physical power forward all in one off-season. They are a young team right now and having a leader like McDavid and they still think they have another shot this season in winning a challenge cup, this is Lauris Prikulis last season ever and they want him to finish out his career with a bang.

We now will conduct an interview with Taylor McDavid.

Interview it has been quite a long while since you have talked to the media, why did you ignore us for such a long period of time?

McDavid:I just didn’t feel like I wanted to talk to you guys anymore, you guys always asked the same questions and it felt annoying to me and Me being such a old man and a physical hard nose player, the play was getting to me and I was feeling the effects of my playing style after games often.

Interview Are you going to change you style of play?

McDavid: No, I feel my best when I am physical. It is a big reason why I made the SHL, teams like my compete level, my commitment to the defensive side of the game and really I see no point of changing my play style, old age isn’t an excuse. I just need to prepare myself better. Make some changes to my off-season regime.

Interview What changes did you make to your off-season regime?

McDavid: I rode the bike/run/swam every day to get my cardio up so I can be an endurance machine and play better in the 2nd,3rd and overtime periods.

Interview Were you happy if your post-season performance?

McDavid: No, I wasn’t. happy with my play. I got 4 assists in 12 games, I didn’t even score a goal. Yes I was a +1 and laid out 48 hits in 12 games but I know I need to produce more offence to help my team win hockey games.

Interview How do you feel about moving to the top line to play with ono and the newcomer Wik?

McDavid: great, both players can shoot the puck well and I think we are going to be a very good unit, none of us ignore the defensive side of the game. I am excited to get the season started.

Interview what are your goals for the season?

McDavid: I want to win the Challenge Cup, I don’t really care about anything else really. I think winning a Cup in Prik’s last season would be great. What Prik did during his tenure as a Jet was remarkable and it sucks that we are going to lose him at the end of the season. I suspect him to be in the hall of fame pretty quick.

Interview Individually, how are you going to perform?

McDavid: I scored only 11 goals in 62 games last season including the regular season + playoffs, I want to score more goals. I worked on my shot and I hope that I will finish more chances this season. I still want to be known as a passer first player but 11 games for a top six forward is unacceptable no matter what.

Interview How does it feel to not be the best player on your line anymore?

McDavid: Great, I think it puts a lot of pressure off my back to carry a line and hopefully gives me back to performing as a 60 point player again. Not discounting my line mates in the past couple of season as they have been a big reason to success and they had a lot of talent and I don’t think I would’ve won my two scoring titles without them.

Interview You are close to three major milestones this season ( scoring 300 goals, 500 assists, 800 points) How will it feel once you finally get those milestones?

Mcdavid: Great, Those three milestones are probably only done by 2 or 3 players in the leagues history and I hope I get them early so there will be zero pressure on myself to get them. The longer is takes the harder it is going to be.

Interview Why did you decide not to retire this season?

McDavid: I am just not ready to leave hockey right now, I love hockey and I want to keep on playing hockey until I feel like I am completely useless to my team’s success. Leafs still thinks I could be of use this season and beyond.

Interview When are you going to retire?

McDavid: I am still locked under contract with the Jets until S31. I am going to take it season by the time however and I could retire next season, depends on how I feel is best for myself as a player and person, and if I could be of use for the jets to win a challenge cup.

Interview Will you still play even though you are on the 3rd line?

McDavid: Hard to say, I love to keep my top six position on the team but I would fully understand why Leafs4ever would put what he knows will be a better play in the top six player than myself. Fleming will need some top six ice time and there are other young prospects that are coming up in the pipeline.

Interview Will you ever GM again?

McDavid: I have no Idea, I would love a chance to become a General Manager some day, I applied for some SMJHL GMing jobs this off-season. I want to keep on building up my resume for the next time a SHL Position comes available. I know how SMJHL GM jobs will usually go to the younger members of the league. I think personally the Knights GM choice could be questionable to the youngness of the duo but they are both members who has shown the ability to be mature, activity and to work hard to manage to win hockey games and develop the next SHL stars of tomorrow.

Interview Well thank you for your time and hopefully you have a good season individually and as a team this season.

McDavid:No Problem, Bob.

1075 words

[Image: hallsy.png]

McBust has spoken :ph34r:

Chris McZehrl III - Anchorage Armada
[Image: McZehrlIII.jpg?ex=667c5d3b&is=667b0bbb&h...3f94d487d&]

Challenge Cup Wins:
S18 - Riot Seattle Riot (with Chris McZehrl)*
S23 - Wolfpack New England Wolfpack (with Chris McZehrl)*
S27 - Dragons Calgary Dragons (with VLAD McZehrl)**
S34 - Rage Manhattan Rage (with VLAD McZehrl)
S37 - Jets Winnipeg Jets (with VLAD McZehrl)
S46 - Stampede Buffalo Stampede (with GOD McZehrl)*

*first ever Challenge Cup of Franchise History
**first ever Challenge Cup win after 0-3 in Finals Series

Four Star Cup Wins:
S24 - Whalers Vancouver Whalers (with VLAD McZehrl)
S39 - Scarecrows St. Louis Scarecrows (with GOD McZehrl)

SHL Hall of Fame Members:
S24 - Chris McZehrl Platoon Panthers Dragons Riot Wolfpack *
(GP: 764 | G: 322 | A: 461 | P: 783 | +/-: +109)
S40 - VLAD McZehrl Dragons Riot Rage Stampede Jets Wolfpack *
(GP: 653 | G: 333 | A: 361 | P: 694 | +/-: +141)

*1st Ballot Hall of Famer

small note: GOD McZehrl played at first as Defender and later as Forward!