Create Account

20 Questions with the Prince George Firebirds

Eide: Hi and welcome to 20 questions with the Prince George Firebirds! Since we’ve got a little more free time these days than we were hoping for, we thought we’d help you get to know our captain a little better, on a personal level. I’m Kjell Eide and I’ll be interviewing my captain, liney and roommate, Bennett Jones.

Eide: Okay, first question: what is your nickname in the locker room?
Jones: Ah, just Jones mostly. I started the season with a really terrible nickname, thanks to someone’s spelling mistake at the draft but it thankfully died off.
Eide: And what was that terrible nickname?
Jones: There’s a zero percent chance I’m revealing that to our audience. It is dead, and I am thankful.

Eide: So we may already know the answer to this one, or at least anyone who has seen you in short sleeves does, but: do you have any tattoos?
Jones: I mean you basically answered this for me, but yeah I do. I have two. I’ve got a Finnish lion on my forearm, for obvious reasons. And then a small family-related one that’s a little too complicated to explain, on my ankle.

Eide: Okay you have to offend one of our teammates here, so pick carefully. Who has the worst style on the team?
Jones: Oh this one actually works out okay since he’s retiring anyway, so I don’t have to worry about him refusing to pass to me haha. Kylo Ren has brutal style. The guy wears way too much black.

Eide: Alright next question: would you rather score bardown or 5 hole?
Jones: I’m gonna say bardown. Makes a good highlight reel goal.

Eide: As someone who lives with you and has been forced to sit through it many times, I have a feeling I know your answer to this one too, but what is your favourite sports movie?
Jones: You probably would guess right on this one, since it’s Goon and I’ve given you the pleasure of watching it 4 times since we moved in together. It’s a cinematic marvel. It can help you with your chirps.

Eide: What TV show are you currently watching? Constantly. In our living room.
Jones: I just started watching Gotham a couple weeks ago. I somehow managed to avoid spoilers and I’m really enjoying binge-watching on Netflix.

Eide: What is your go-to pump up jam when you’re working out?
Jones: Right now it’s cake by the ocean by DNCE. I can’t help but dance a little when it comes on. Gets me in a good workout mood.

Eide: Can you do a little dance for us?
Jones: Ah that’s alright. I need to maintain some mystery.
Eide: They’re better off not seeing your bad dancing.
Jones: That’s very hurtful Eids.
Eide: It is the truth. If you could play any sport other than hockey professionally, what sport would you pick?
Jones: I would obviously be a professional dancer, since my dancing is so great.
Eide: Serious answers only please.
Jones: Fiiiine, I would probably try to take up speed skating. I already know I’d have a great coach on my side, and it’s a lot of fun.

Eide: Okay okay that’s pretty cool. Next question is how do you kill time on the bus?
Jones: I have a pretty intense game of words with friends going with my dad. So either I try to beat him at that, I listen to some music on my headphones, or I talk with Eids.
Eide: You do talk a lot.
Jones: It is part of my charm. Obviously.

Eide: Suuuure it is. Okay, what’s your favourite road city to travel to?
Jones: Is it cheating to say it’s either Kelowna or Vancouver, just because the trip is so much shorter? Most of the road cities are pretty far away. Plus with all the battle of British Columbia stuff, their fans booing fuels my hatefire.

Eide: You’re a strange person. But I agree that the shorter trip is nice. Now, who do you think is the worst trash talker on the team?
Jones: It’s totally you.
Eide: It is not me.
Jones: Okay I will concede that you could be a totally great trash talker. But your trash talk is all in Norwegian, so hardly anyone can understand it. I feel like that loses you some points.
Eide: Learn Norwegian and you’ll know how great it is.
Jones: I’ll get right on that.

Eide: Why do you wear your jersey number?
Jones: Haha uh, it’s my little brother’s birthday. He was born on June 16th just before my first year in a league where we got to actually pick our numbers. I might have gone for 9 because it’s my birthday, but someone else already had it. So I picked 16 and I’ve worn it ever since.

Eide: Cute. What is your go to karaoke song?
Jones: Somebody to love by Queen. It’s a classic, it kills every time. And we obviously know yours is Dancing Queen by ABBA.
Eide: No comment. What is your cheat meal on an off day?

Jones: Daddyo’s, one hundred percent. You can’t beat pizza and ribs.
Eide: Good thing you don’t have too many off days to cheat on, you’ll get fat. Do you have any pregame rituals?
Jones: I need my pregame nap. And I like to listen to some music to get pumped up before we go out, but other than that, my pregame ritual is to not have any. I try not to worry too much about things being the same each game.
Eide: Is it the same music you listen to each time?
Jones: No, I have an ever evolving playlist of songs my friends suggest, so I just listen to that.
Eide: If your friends could not suggest quite so much Ke$ha, that would be nice.
Jones: The people want what they want, man.
Eide: The people who live with you do not want Ke$ha. But while we’re on the topic of your friends, who is your best friend in hockey that does not play for the Firebirds?

Jones: I’d probably have to say Mikko Linna, on the Knights. We’re like long lost twins. We bonded at the draft combine and we text a lot. Obviously we’re super competitive with each other, especially because we have a lot in common and so people compare us a lot. But he’s a good dude. Definitely someone you want on your side. Plus I outscored him this season so I currently have bragging rights.

Eide: Of course you want to be able to beat your best friend, makes perfect sense. Next question: would you rather be a superhero or villain?
Jones: Personal preference? I’d rather be a hero, obviously. Who doesn’t want to save the world? But if we’re going realistic here I’d probably be one of those guys who is a villain by accident. Like I don’t mean to be a bad guy, I just keep being in the wrong place at the wrong time, and hijinks ensue.
Eide: That’s a very specific answer, have you put a lot of thought into this?
Jones: There’s a movie deal in the works. I can’t tell you more about it.

Eide: Okay then tell me about the greatest moment of your life so far. Unless it was signing some super secret movie deal.
Jones: Nah I would say probably getting drafted. It felt like the start of a huge new chapter in my life. I grew up admiring my mom for what she could do in hockey and so it was really great to know I’d be following in her footsteps.

Eide: Your mom is pretty cool. Good footsteps to follow in. Our last question was sent in by the fans: what is your relationship status?
Jones: Aaaand I think that’s all the questions we have time for today! Thanks for listening, folks.

Code:
Word count: 1437

Great article, I feel like I learned a lot about both the interviewer and the interviewee!

[Image: pb_olli.gif]

Profile | Updates

[Image: vtXGfpR.png]

[Image: N2ANQtw.png]

Ilike

[one million eyes emojis at the last question]

[Image: thistidalwave.gif]

ArmadaUkSpecters
Player | Updates

ABBA is a cultural touchstone

Quote:Originally posted by teaboy@Feb 23 2016, 12:16 PM
Ilike

o:-)

Quote:Originally posted by teaboy@Feb 23 2016, 11:16 AM
Ilike

Yeahthat

Also, Mikko has some things to say about your bragging rights.

[Image: 45029_v.gif]

Sigs by: King, Tweedledunn, Me
Player Page|Twitter|Update Page

Quote:Originally posted by ej27@Feb 23 2016, 12:27 PM

Yeahthat

Also, Mikko has some things to say about your bragging rights.

I mean, one of us is still in the playoffs, so. I might have to concede a little on the bragging rights. Just let me have this for now.

Quote:Originally posted by rrireal@Feb 23 2016, 11:31 AM

I mean, one of us is still in the playoffs, so. I might have to concede a little on the bragging rights. Just let me have this for now.

I GUESS

:-x

[Image: 45029_v.gif]

Sigs by: King, Tweedledunn, Me
Player Page|Twitter|Update Page