Create Account

Wiljian Zjang Open Press Conference

With the draft approaching and almost 3 days away, Zjang is finally out in the open on the podium and ready to tackle the hardest questions the SHL universe can provide. It is up to you to help the world understand and get to know this prospect.

Ask away!

Quote:Originally posted by ej27+Mar 7 2016, 06:41 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1' id='QUOTE-WRAP'><tr><td>QUOTE (ej27 @ Mar 7 2016, 06:41 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->1. Rank the top 3 SHL teams you hope to be drafted to and the bottom 3 teams you hope not to go to. 

2. What are you doing to prepare for the draft? 

3. Is it important to you that you go in the first round?

4. What's more important to you, an active team or a winning team? 

Good luck!   Cheers[/b]
1. Top 3 would be: New England, West Kendall, and Los Angeles, order doesn't matter.
Bottom 3 would be: Buffalo, Texas, Calgary.

2. To prepare for the draft, I have been going around the site trying to find ways to get myself the best advantage that I could potentially get. Looking for spare TPE, and $ so I can boost my draft stock. I am also working on a post-draft article and already have my formatting down for it, and hope to work on some analysis immediately following the draft.

3. It is not important to me that I will go in the first round, however, I know that there is a minimal chance that I fall out of the top 14. It is not an egotistical thing to fall out of the first, and I actually think it would be cool to be a steal. Look at Tanner, or Fever, or even Ragnar. How cool would it be to brag and say that you turned out so well for the spot you were picked.

4. For me, it would have to be an active team. I do not want to join a winning team right away, because then I might miss the championship window. I would like to grow with whatever team I am drafted to, and find that it would be great for me to be on a relatively young and active team.

And lastly Cheers

Quote:Originally posted by LTH@Mar 7 2016, 06:42 PM<br />1. Where do you think youre going to land?

2. What are your goals next season?

3. Of all of your teammates, who do you hope to land on the same team with?

4. Have you been contacted by any GMs?

5. Lastly, give us your early predictions for next season.

1. I could see myself between the 8-13 range, I saw a lot of mock drafts and felt that they did not get a similar to feel to which some General Manager's have. I came much later and missed some crucial and big TPE assignments, however I caught up extremely correctly, and per my time here am a good TPE earner. I believe that I started about 55-65 TPE away from Gunnar Rask, and am still around that range, meaning that I could keep up with a top TPE earner.

2. My goal is to reach 400 TPE, I do not know if that is possible, however it is a goal of mine. 21 TPE from training camp, and about 40 TPE training during the season with 16 TPE from activity checks, and lastly some PT's. Mock draft, and predictions could hopefully bump me up.

3. I love all of my teammates the same, but in terms of landing together, I would have to say Quinn. He will not take any playing time from me and is a top TPE earner on the team and thus can help us win championships together.

4. Yes I have, I will not say who though for confidentiality sake, as I know that the GM's would rather not have any strategy exposed.

5. Hm... this is tough, well... Detroit will struggle in the beginning as they are looking for a goalie. The Portland Admirals will have the worst record of all-time. Buffalo will blow up and start a new rebuild. Calgary will continue to compete and end in first in the west in the regular season. Hamilton will make the playoffs as the second seed, and lose in game seven. There will be no true rookies in the SHL.

Some bold, and some not. Thanks LTH Cheers

Quote:Originally posted by WannabeFinn@Mar 8 2016, 02:31 PM<br />How would you feel about playing for Los Angeles?

1. I would be extremely happy to end up in Los Angeles, they are one of my top teams, and given that the Rage might not seem plausible, the Panthers are probably in my top three right now. Whether you guys will pick me is another question.

Quote:Originally posted by Gifter of Bikes@Mar 8 2016, 02:34 PM<br />why did you pick that last name? I always forget how to spell it and want to include a w.

1. Honestly, I just chose an asian last name and gave it a silent j. Also, the W I can see because of my username (which reflects first initial + last name).

Quote:Originally posted by Bojo@Mar 9 2016, 01:32 PM<br />What is your strategy when deciding how to make your skater build?

How quickly do you want to move up to SHL?

How do you pronounce Wjang? I go "wah-JANG!" like some sort of kung fu move.

1. I wanted to make a player who is great on face-offs, is primarily a passer, but can score, and also be a great skater. I'm going to keep my ratio throughout and throw in certain aspects that are necessary for player growth (some strength, puck handling, defense, and endurance).

2. I want one year in the SMJHL, and then move up to the SHL, hopefully make the top 9, if not, then I will just have to work even harder.

3. It is Zjang... and it is pronounced basically with a silent j, so essentially anybody should be able to pronounce zang.

<!--QuoteBegin-pizzarony@Mar 9 2016, 05:13 PM
Any upcoming draftees you'd like to play with?

Who is your favorite TV character?

When did you realize you had a real shot in the SHL?
[/quote]

1. I would love to play with Hans Moleman, seems like a good mentor although I am supposed to be the veteran.

2. Dwight Schrute.

3. I realized it in the middle of the playoffs this season. I noticed how much I improved and how I started to appear on draft boards and how exciting that was.

bump cause I'm bored as shit and need questions to save me.

Rank the top 3 SHL teams you hope to be drafted to and the bottom 3 teams you hope not to go to.

What are you doing to prepare for the draft?

Is it important to you that you go in the first round?

What's more important to you, an active team or a winning team?

Good luck! Cheers

[Image: 45029_v.gif]

Sigs by: King, Tweedledunn, Me
Player Page|Twitter|Update Page

Where do you think youre going to land?

What are your goals next season?

Of all of your teammates, who do you hope to land on the same team with?

Have you been contacted by any GMs?

Lastly, give us your early predictions for next season.

thx for the questions, answered LTH's, and ej27's questions

Quote:Originally posted by WZjang@Mar 7 2016, 06:21 PM
bump cause I'm bored as shit and need questions to save me.

How would you feel about playing for Los Angeles?

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]
[Image: KPt6Yuu.png]

why did you pick that last name? I always forget how to spell it and want to include a w.

FEED ME MORE

What is your strategy when deciding how to make your skater build?

How quickly do you want to move up to SHL?

How do you pronounce Wjang? I go "wah-JANG!" like some sort of kung fu move.

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

Answered

Any upcoming draftees you'd like to play with?

Who is your favorite TV character?

When did you realize you had a real shot in the SHL?

Updated