Create Account

Ace Dafoe Pre Draft Presser

Thanks for coming today. We have predraft media availability from one of the top young goaltenders in this years draft class, Ace Dafoe. Ace is an American hybrid style goaltender from Portsmouth, New Hampshire.

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

The goaltending class is deep, what sets Dafoe apart from the rest of the group?

How many starts will Dafoe expect in his rookie season?

Would Dafoe prefer to play minimal games as a SHL back-up, or continue to develop as his teams starter in the SMJHL for a 3rd or 4th season?

Cheers

[Image: Piastri2.png?ex=65ba64d4&is=65a7efd4&hm=...462889f09&]
[Image: or8VMxO.gif]

How will you make your mark in the SMJHL?

The road to the SHL is difficult for goaltenders, many often find they don't have the longevity required, can you handle the time it takes to make the big leagues?

I wish you the best of luck Ace, you're a classy OG with me and I hope success continues to find you here.

Cheers

[Image: thejesster435.gif]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ryan Jesster - HoF Goalie (S1-S14)
Proud Calgary Dragon Alumni 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dragons | Sweden | Raptors

Quote:Originally posted by vbottasnoods@May 9 2016, 02:30 PM
The goaltending class is deep, what sets Dafoe apart from the rest of the group?

How many starts will Dafoe expect in his rookie season?

Would Dafoe prefer to play minimal games as a SHL back-up, or continue to develop as his teams starter in the SMJHL for a 3rd or 4th season?

Cheers
Dafoe has always been a face in a crowd, but his play has always set him apart. Too many goalies live and breathe by the "butterfly style", but Dafoe does whatever it takes to get between the puck and the net.

Dafoe doesn't have any expectations for starts. If he works hard enough he'll earn his starts.

He'd prefer to develop until he's ready to be a legitimate resource at the SHL level.

How was your first taste of the SMJHL in the S29 Prospect Showcase?

How do you feel about your performance in the Prospect Showcase?

The draft is coming up, a lot of people are superstitious, do you have any sort of pre-event ritual to calm your nerves?

When do you expect to be drafted?

Any specific team you'd like to be drafted by?

Platoon Rob Wright Battleborn

Quote:Originally posted by Jesster@May 9 2016, 02:43 PM
How will you make your mark in the SMJHL?

The road to the SHL is difficult for goaltenders, many often find they don't have the longevity required, can you handle the time it takes to make the big leagues?

I wish you the best of luck Ace, you're a classy OG with me and I hope success continues to find you here.

Cheers
Ace will bide his time until it's his time to shine. It can take a long time for goaltenders to develop.

Patience is a virtue!

Are you going to be updating "Lord" Byron Dafoe's nickname to continue with the Dafoe nickname tradition? I'm aware it's a play on Lord Byron of Newstead Abby, but I like the idea of regal goaltenders.

Quote:Originally posted by Snuffalupagus@May 9 2016, 02:47 PM
How was your first taste of the SMJHL in the S29 Prospect Showcase?

How do you feel about your performance in the Prospect Showcase?

The draft is coming up, a lot of people are superstitious, do you have any sort of pre-event ritual to calm your nerves?

When do you expect to be drafted?

Any specific team you'd like to be drafted by?
The prospects showcase was a lot of fun for Mr. Dafoe. I believe he competed very strongly and made a good name for himself.

No, Mr. Dafoe just listens to his iPhone and goes about putting his pads on.

There isn't a real high need for goaltenders, so I'm expecting a 2nd round selection.

As Mr. Dafoes agent, Erik Chisling, my name and number are retired by the Knights. It would be awesome if Ace could go to Kelowna.

Quote:Originally posted by Gifter of Bikes@May 9 2016, 02:49 PM
Are you going to be updating "Lord" Byron Dafoe's nickname to continue with the Dafoe nickname tradition? I'm aware it's a play on Lord Byron of Newstead Abby, but I like the idea of regal goaltenders.
Why of course, but I wouldn't use the term Lord Byron until he had ascended to his throne in the SHL. Wink