Create Account

DRAFT DAY AND MIKE IZZY An article taken from the Whitby Times

390 words

DRAFT DAY AND MIKE IZZY
4-5-17

The life of a rookie leading up to April 6ths SMJHL draft is a difficult one. Just ask draft hopeful Mike Izzy of Whitby Ontario.

'The past week has been a world wind! normaly my focus is on the gym to get stronger and the ice to get better... but the draft requires constant travelling to meet with organizations in an effort to sell yourself. Then there's the requirements of your time... from draft ticket requests to media obligations... it's a wild ride!

Mike is one of a large group of un drafted signees looking to find a home within the first few rounds of the draft. Ranked as the 16th ranked prospect in the SHL draft tracker in just his 2nd week in the SHL the Buzz from Izzy stems from a good endorsement by Coach Steelhead, a strong virtual career in the CCHA and an obvious upside to his game from early indications of his tasks. But If you ask Izzy...you won't find someone impressed with 16th.

[Image: CBC9DDFD-2A36-4721-B1D7-5FF30ED38300_zpshehuyk1j.jpg]

'Well.. I believe I have yet to tap the surface of my potential in this league. A lot of my focus the first week or two has been on how to do things here opposed to doing them... I suspect that's what lots of rookies deal with early on...it's the growing pains that each jump into a higher league requires in its onset....once it has clicked in to where I can focus on 'doing' instead of 'how to do' that's when the real buzz begins....I believe if the draft was 4 weeks from now, the draft projections would move into round 1... but hey.. maybe someone on draft day is going to get a steal in Mike Izzy.'

Draft day shouldn't be any less hectic for Izzy who says he plans to wake up at 5AM to get his workouts in before a day which has him at a 9AM meeting to potentially finalize An Endorsement deal with the Dollar Store Plus in Oshawa A Trip to Walmart to pick up his clothes for the draft and a then quick stop off for a car wash and a mani/pedi as prospects begin to drop in to the draft auditorium as early as 4PM.

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

This guy is going to be a steal on draft day!

Cheers

---> ParmBorg Highlights <---
[Image: cgv4vCv.png] Goal[Image: 95lCCDx.png]
[Image: parmborg.gif]

[Image: steelhead77.gif]

#1 All-Time SHL Goal & Point Scorer 
- First 2,000 TPE Player in SHL History - 
- First 400 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- Only 500 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- First GM to Win 5 & 6 Challenge Cups -
Esa Anrikkanen Award - SMJHL ROY - Est. S34
Vidrik Onoprienko Award Winner - S45

Dragonite[Image: 271.png][Image: 291.png][Image: 321.png][Image: 401.png][Image: 42banner2.png][Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png] Dragonite