Create Account

The rivalry that keeps on giving double media week, gimme the moneh

No, this is not an article about a rivalry that has started before this junior draft. This goes way back. Some of the elder members may know this. It’s been almost three years. We have laughed, we have not cried together, but we have done alot of shit together. From Counter Strike I don’t even know what else, practically anything. This is a story about how it all started, how the people who kinda hated each other in the start have became really great friends. This is a story about the old married couple that’s not even married, about LB and <a href='index.php?showuser=1017' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>Jogurtaa</a>.

This all started when I joined my first simulated league. May 2014, I see in a Latvian site that there is a Latvian Simulated Hockey League. Of course, I have to have a look at it, because that whole roleplay thing seems interesting to me. So, I joined. Made a player, was added to their skype chat, because discord was not as prominent then. One of the first people I noticed there was a girl by the name of Evelyn. Of course I had to get her attenion. I went inactive for a while, because I was too lazy. In June I had my first concussion, so when I recovered, I had to do something. So I started talking shit in the skype chat. Holy shit, she hated me. I was so annoying, all the kinky jokes. But that was the moment we started our so called mutual hatred. A rivalry.

My first player was defenseman. There were not a whole lot of defenseman, so my guy was quite sought after. After season 5 (I created during season 4, when i was inactive), I was traded to Aizpute, my birthplace, which for some reason had a team. At the same point, Jogy’s player, the original Pettyfer, was traded to Cēsis, which rebranded to Liepāja the same offseason. Pettyfer already was a 3 time champion, while Pežonis (well, you know how I got Pejo’s name) was a semi active defenseman. When I was traded to Aizpute, Liepāja’s gm, a friend of mine apporached me and pursued me to join Liepāja. I didn’t like some people on the roster, so I was traded to Liepāja, for a quite a steep price. Some users thought it was too steep, that Liepāja got fleeced. Little they know, that a dynamic duo was formed in Jogy and Maus. S6 was an awesome season, Pežonis broke out as an elite defenseman, Petty did his thing. Petty was top 10 in scoring, while Pežonis was leading the dman in scoring, while being a presence on the back end. This was truly an elite season from both of our players.

With this being a great season from both of our players, the Liepāja Predators were unstoppable. Liepāja beat out the other teams to get the first seed in the west and the Presidents trophy, for the best record in the league. The playoffs came and with some controversy, the Predators won the cup. Fourth for Petty, first for Pejo. S7 was not a good year for the team and Pejo was traded. Both of our guys last season was S7. Jogy did retire after winning her 4th cup, with Pejo being retired during the season.
A new start was in place. Jogy had created Ethan Olivander, a center. In the mean time, she was the GM of the JHL’s Connecticut Lions. She tried her hardest, but didnt win the JHL’s cup. She was drafted back to the Liepāja Predators, with the 1st pick. Meanwhile, I had created Tony Montana, a right wing sniper. She drafted me to Connecticut, now Piebalga Lions, with 2nd overall pick. It was a nice draft for the team in general, so we managed to win the JHL’s cup, her first as a gm, my first as a player. What happened in the draft with Montana? He was drafted with the first overall pick. By who? The Predators. We were back on the same team. Both drafted 1st overall. How in the gods name is that possible, these two loveable idiots drafted first overall back to back. What are they, fucking stupid?

During the offseason, she stepped down from the GM spot. Who was the replacement? Well. Yeah. Sup. We were a GM combo for the first time. I was the head GM, she the co. With this superb combo at the helm, we won the S5 JHL cup together.
During our first season back together, we were traded in a blockbuster deal to Riga. Yes, both of us. And that’s how lshl ended, lot’s of great memories. During the last few seasons I came back to SHL. Jogy had been drafted in S18, with another Oliver Pettyfer. I got drafted in S20, but I didn’t like this place then. But I came back in S23, to form a bigger rivalry. I made a right wing power forward Ray Pejonis, to kick the shit out of Petty. Our careers started similarly. Both won cups in the first season in SMJHL. She with Montreal, myself with Detroit. She was drafted by the West Kendall Platoon in the S18 draft, and in the begining was a force to be reckoned with. Petty was an elite forward for the most of his career. She had been a part of West Kendall for 5 seasons until she tested the free agent waters and signed with the Texas Renegades.
This is where Pejo comes in. Pejo was drafted with the 23rd overall pick to the Winnipeg Jets in the S24 Entry draft. An unexpected place to be drafted, since I saw myself to be drafted by the West Kendall Platoon. In the next offseason I was declared to the expansion draft, where I was drafted by the Buffalo Stampede with the 4th overall pick. At the same time, Petty was traded to the Toronto North Stars. She did not sign there and went back home to the West Kendall Platoon. After two semi active seasons with the Buffalo Stampede, I decided to test the free agent waters. Few teams came out with offers. Texas, Buffalo, Manhattan. And one more. The West Kendall Platoon. I had promised her earlier that we will be team mates in SHL. And with the huge interest of West Kendall, there was no other option to sign there.

Signing a one season contract with West Kendall was a great move by myself. A great team, with many great people. Jogy, Bojo, Maxi, Slappy, Oats, Rice, Green, RD, Schmidt, later EJ, Pris, Jme. Such a bloody great team, that was a time to enjoy. Although my first season in West Kendall was not such a great one, I had hope. S28 was a heart break. Losing in the finals to Edmonton, nah, fuck this. Every season was awesome, Pejo was getting better and better, with Petty regressing. It was an awesome time, with so many great memories. I bet, West Kendall still loves our pissed off pics. S31 was a break out season for Pejo. 45 points in 50 games played. Didn’t break Petty’s mark with 51, but for this scrub, that season was outstanding. S32 was a down year, maybe because she had retired Petty, who knows. After S32 I was traded. Don’t ask why, shit went down. She had left West Kendall to be drafted by Winnipeg. I was traded to Portland. A season has passed since then, it’s been fun without her in the locker room. We still hate each other and want to fucking kill each other sometimes.. We were gm’s again last year in GOMHL, didnt win any cups, but it was a fun experience for us. Now some one has ruined the Buffalo Bisons, but oh well, we are again team mates in GOMHL, now on the Ottawa Lumberjacks.

In order to not make this a i love you so much and i hate you nah fuck you article, we thought to include her perspective as well.

Do you consider this a friendly rivalry or a fucking blood bath? - I think that over the past 2 or 3 years we have went trough both. Everything started in Latvian SHL where this shitty bastard met the best person in the world with the kindest heart (me on saturdays). The rivalry started growing right after our online personalities LB and Jogurtaa collided. In LSHL we went from two people who want to murder each other to two people who want to murder each other but can't because are playing or managing the same fucking teams all the frikin time. Sometimes it feels like you (or me, idk) are drawn to stupidity which is called being your teammate. If we look at our players I have always considered that you are at least one level lower then me. And don't deny that, you know it is true. This 3 or 2 or whatever years long rivalry is what keeps my interest here in SHL because I always want to see if LBs players will always be shittier then mine. At least now we don't have such a huge season gap between us.

What has been the highlight of both of our careers together? - Well it certainly isn't the Challenge Cup, Bojo... I think that we both can take some credit for how the LSHL crushed and burned back in the day. That is what happens when new guys start to PMS and talk crap to older members. We strike them down in a classy way - by going inactive and taking the whole team with us and other members who thought the same way as us. But if we look to the positive things that I think every season in WKP was ok. Especially the one where we went all the way and choked badly in the finale. I think that has been the biggest highlight. Not to mention the 2 gold medals with team Latvia that seems so unrealistic right now if we look at how we did this tournament and 2 tournaments before. I think there are still great things ahead of us. Maybe we will once again reunite and this time win that darned cup. God damnit you STHS. But if we don't end up together, then the best highlight will be if or when both if our players meet on the ice and have a good old fashioned head bashing festival. No more butt-ending Isaac. It is getting riddicculous.

Why noone should fuck with us?
- This is too easy - we don't really know how to speak London so we will probably just start naming you names in a language you don't understand and google translate can't explain. Or we will just make a podcast and make you listen to our horid voices, I think for some it would be enough

But at the end of the day, because of a fucking sim league, I have found a great friend in her. Two cunts can make a great combo.

[Image: G0rPDte.jpg]

did you and Jogy go to church together or something

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]
[Image: KPt6Yuu.png]

I mean girl in that pic is Ok, but the dude seems like fat douche bag

Quote:Originally posted by WannabeFinn@Apr 6 2017, 09:44 PM
did you and Jogy go to church together or something

It is a cult... Called LAT 6-0 FIN

[Image: 32882_s.gif]

Oliver Pettyfer / Isaac Cormier Hale / Eva Lykke Aparjode

Quote:Originally posted by Jogurtaa@Apr 6 2017, 03:52 PM

It is a cult... Called LAT 6-0 FIN
I'm in a cult too.. called FIN medal round, LAT golfing

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]
[Image: KPt6Yuu.png]

Quote:Originally posted by WannabeFinn@Apr 6 2017, 09:56 PM

I'm in a cult too.. called FIN medal round, LAT golfing

Saw that coming

[Image: 32882_s.gif]

Oliver Pettyfer / Isaac Cormier Hale / Eva Lykke Aparjode

I should write an article about how I traded your inactive ass to Aizpute when I got my hands on the GM spot.

hewoe
[Image: 0OAAUwi.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Chewbacca@Apr 6 2017, 11:16 PM
I should write an article about how I traded your inactive ass to Aizpute when I got my hands on the GM spot.
You were no good at GM'ing you traded for me.

Quote:Originally posted by The_Mazais@Apr 6 2017, 10:21 PM

You were no good at GM'ing you traded for me.
I won the cup in my first season, then I got bored and just traded for assholes like me and you. Imo that's the best GM'ing out there

hewoe
[Image: 0OAAUwi.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Chewbacca@Apr 6 2017, 11:23 PM

I won the cup in my first season, then I got bored and just traded for assholes like me and you. Imo that's the best GM'ing out there
Best GM ever.

Sweet article. I was hoping this would be Ferrari related but alas...

[Image: insayne.gif]

Quote:Originally posted by Chewbacca@Apr 6 2017, 10:16 PM
Well, that was a win for both of us tho, you got rid of a great guy and I got to witness the Sundin and the formation of General Intar Vladimirovic Barsou

Quote:Originally posted by Insayne@Apr 6 2017, 10:27 PM
Sweet article. I was hoping this would be Ferrari related but alas...
My imagination is not that good, but probably will write something when the next double week comes.

Quote:Originally posted by LB.@Apr 6 2017, 03:37 PM

My imagination is not that good, but probably will write something when the next double week comes.
Looking forward to it! Cheers

[Image: insayne.gif]