Create Account

Krüger Presser (Open for Qs, ask damn near anything!)

Ready for Grading!

WC: 1792

Ask away!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

End of the preseason. That meant the media would be even more pressing. This is how it always went, wasn’t it? The press in Germany was never quite like this, but it was still a force to be reckoned with. This, though? Finn Krüger still hadn’t quite gotten used to the scrums that always seemed to follow him through the tunnel and back into the locker room. What the hell did Phelps or Bennett have to deal with if he received this sort of attention? He was having a great preseason, better than he’d expected (but still not quite where he would’ve wanted it to be), so perhaps that was why they were always crowding around him? Was it the fact that the organization had surprised and graced him with the pleasure and responsibility of being an Alternate Captain?

Colorado was exactly as he’d expected it to be. Passionate, welcoming, and most importantly, encouraging. Krügs wasn’t exactly sure what he expected to be treated like as a rookie, but somehow he didn’t think it was this. Everyone in the locker room was as friendly as could be. Whether or not that was because they cared or because they expected nothing but greatness from him had yet to be determined, but as far as comfort went, believing they cared was the easier concept to try and get behind.

There was a lot riding on his shoulders as the start of the season approached, relating especially to that damned draft position. He would never complain about it--after all, being a top five pick was arguably the greatest moment he’d experienced thus far and he would never have traded it for anything--but there was something to be said about the expectations created by it. A top five defender need to be a leader--Tooth knew that better than damn near anybody, and the conversations they’d had over the preseason confirmed that. The question was never whether he had the ability to live up to those expectations, but rather if he would. What would it look like to go so high and then not deliver? He most definitely couldn’t let that happen, but the worry never quite escaped his thoughts when he went to sleep at night.

But the end of the preseason. There were important things to be done as the regular season approached, including a short media stint in just a moment. He slipped on a team shirt and a little toque before slipping out towards where the media were speaking, hounding his teammates aggressively.

He never would get quite used to it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

InciteHysteria from ESPN asks:

What does it feel like hitting the SMJHL ice for the first time and having the games be meaningful?

It’s incredible, honestly. I don’t know that games have ever felt more meaningful than this--obviously playing for my juniors team in Germany and doing some training with the World Juniors team had serious meaning, but this is on another level. I honestly think that my view on my play has changed entirely--the people on the ice here are some of the best young players in the world, and as such I can’t play like I’m still a kid in juniors. This is the real deal and I’ve been thinking a lot more about the things I do on ice. There’s no time to play it loose now, I need to paying attention to every move.

What are your goals for this season?

I’m here to help bolster Colorado’s defensive core and generate some offense from the back end, and that’s exactly what I intend to do. I want to be getting as my passes off into dangerous territory as I can and get those pucks in the back of the net. Score a few goals myself, obviously. More than anything, I want to bring back some hardware to the city of Denver.

I know it’s quite a distance off but what SHL teams do you see yourself being interested in playing for in the next few seasons?

Yeah, you know, I honestly haven’t thought about it. I’m really focused in on Colorado right now, being the best player I can be for them. I suppose that if I had to think about what teams look good to me, there’s probably a few on my mind. I know that I would prefer to stay west, so maybe somewhere like Los Angeles or Seattle. Portland would definitely be cool. As far as the east goes--Manhattan maybe? Toronto? I’m not sure, I think I’ll start thinking about that a bit further into the season.

Are you enjoying Colorado?

Absolutely. Both in terms of the location and the team. Everyone in the locker room is incredibly motivated and easy to talk to, it’s a really great atmosphere. It helps, obviously, that I got drafted alongside Aleks, who was already someone I considered a friend, and Niklaus, but the rest of the team has been incredibly welcoming. The city is awesome too. Denver is such a great place to be living. Makes me very glad to have been taken by the Mammoths. I love Colorado.

galatix from FOX Sports 1 asks:

What do you think about the playoffs structure?

To be honest, I haven’t even been remotely thinking about it. I’m told that it should allow us to do well, but playoffs are so far off from my current mindset. It’s definitely a bridge that I’ll be willing to cross once we get way closer to it.

Why is Zina your favorite captain?

Heh, that’s an excellent question. Zina’s definitely a fantastic captain, I can’t think of anyone better leading the team. In the little time that I’ve known her, she’s definitely a fiery, passionate sort of person and I can see her being incredibly vital in our success thus far. I can’t overstate just how good I think she will be for the team, especially wearing the C. Definitely a great choice.

Can you explain the pressure about being a rookie and having an A?

Yeah, I mean, there’s definitely a serious pressure that comes with it. You compound the pressure of being a rookie with the pressure of being a top five pick, then add the pressure of wearing an A as a rookie, and uh… You know, more than anything, I’m just trying to play my game and not disappoint management. The last thing I want to is to embarrass the team, and so I’m trying to play game and lead as best I can. Definitely keeps me up at night sometimes, but it’ll get easier as we start settling in.

Will you end up like Zach Werenski in his playoff game?

I sure as hell hope not. Though, you’ve got to admire the guy’s drive to keep playing despite everything.

Beaty from NHL Network asks:

Who do you model your game after?

This isn’t the first time the question’s been asked, and I can never answer easily. Drew Doughty is definitely a guy whose play-style I admire and try to adapt. If I had to pick someone to say I model my game after? Either Karlsson or Subban. A puck-moving powerplay quarterback, you know, someone that drives offense on the powerplay. During 5-on-5 as well, obviously.

What was your initial reaction when drafted by Colorado?

I mean, to say that it felt like a dream come true is probably a tired cliche at this point, so I guess I would say that it was shocking. The Mammoths were the team that definitely impressed me the most and they were a group that I knew I wanted to be a part of. So being drafted by them was the best possible outcome, I think, I can’t see myself being anywhere else.

DrunkenTeddy from The Denver Post asks:

I hear you got along pretty well with the other rookies in your draft class, do you stay in contact with any of the players who didn’t end up on your team?

Yeah, you know, the folks in my draft class were all pretty incredible. There’s definitely some folks that I didn’t know so well, but there’s just as many folks who I did get close to and still keep in touch with. Tomas Toothsome is obviously the first one that comes to mind, the two of us have a little history, so we talk somewhat often. Texts back and forth, that sort of thing. Robert Phelps, there’s a guy that I’ve probably started getting on the nerves of--partially because I want to make sure he’s still killing it, but also because I can talk to Angelo Odjick and Sophia Bennett through him. Louie Garrett, down in St. Louis, he’s a guy that I talk to often. I worry sometimes that I’m actually driving away some folks with just how much I try to stay in contact.

It's early still, but have you looked into the SHL teams and thought about which teams you would be most interested in?

Yeah, like I said earlier, I think that I want to stick to the west. Los Angeles, Seattle, Portland. Those are the teams that have piqued my interest.

Is a hot dog a sandwich?

Good question. I’m going to say yes. I know that some folks think it isn’t because of the bun, how it’s still intact--but then is a submarine sandwich not a sandwich? It’s a question that I think will haunt us for the rest of our days.

good_dude_great_hands from Bleacher Report asks:

Which opposition veteran do you respect the most?

Great question, uh… If I’m really thinking about it, that’s a tough pick. I guess Crossfit Jesus? I mean, there’s a lot to respect out of that guy. He’s a great hockey player, he’s a really active guy, you know. He’s done a lot to get where he is, and playing against a guy like that is something that every player dreams of.

Who is the hardest to play against?

Emotionally, I’d probably say Vancouver. There’s a lot of rookies that I became close with who got drafted to Vancouver, so playing against them is interesting. Fun though, certainly. Who doesn’t love a good friendly rivalry after all? As far as what team is the hardest to play in terms of skill? Well, I don’t exactly want to say. No need to make them think they’ve gotten into my head, eh?

Is there a goalie that you want to beat particularly bad?

Aleksandrov immediately comes to mind, but of course, I get to beat him in practice every day. I think Murray or Zhumbayev would be fun. Obviously I’d like the chance to beat every goalie, but maybe those two.

[Image: MvfRxO2.png]
sigs by me bitch

What does it feel like hitting the SMJHL ice for the first time and having the games be meaningful?

What are your goals for this season?

I know it's quite a distance off but what SHL teams do you see yourself being interested in playing for in the next few seasons?

Are you enjoying Colorado?

[Image: 3GSD0dd.gif]
[Image: m1IMt5k.gif]

"I hear you got along pretty well with the other rookies in your class, do you stay in contact with any of the players who didn't end up on your team?"

"It's early still, but have you looked into the SHL teams and thought about which teams you would be most interested in?"

"Is a hot dog a sandwich?"

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: Tqabyfh.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

Which opposition veteran do you respect the most?

Who is the hardest to play against?

Is there a goalie you want to beat particularly bad?

Closing the presser. Ready for grading.

[Image: MvfRxO2.png]
sigs by me bitch